The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the eternal future tense of wikipedia game pages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: the eternal future tense of wikipedia game pages Reply with quote

I've noticed an odd phenomenon...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo-Threeie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gears_of_war_2

In both cases there's a lot of speculation and expectation that's never corrected when the game is actually released.

I don't know if this happens in other genres, like movies.
It's kind of a fickle fanboy thing. And it points to how most games tend to have this quick minute in the sun -- I think especially because games are tied to technology in a way that most other genres aren't.
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm sure the forces of Wikipedia will get to them eventually. They're still fairly new, and a clean up crew will eventually take care of them. Probably? At least that's what I've noticed with other pages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: