The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Couple of experimental games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Nickel and Dime Game Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
th15

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Couple of experimental games Reply with quote

Hi there, I just want to share a couple of my experimental games with the folks here:

qrp
Download here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/games/qrp.zip
qrp is about daydreaming about girls in class. It's a simple expression of how I felt as a silly little boy going through school.
-

-

On top of being a way to express my feelings, this game was an experiment in using game mechanics to convey feelings; confusion, frustration and bewilderment. On top of that, I particularly enjoyed making a mess of my predicate logic notes from school.

<Backspace<
Download here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/games/backspace.zip
This game is an experiment with using content that belongs to the player to create relevant experiences within the game. Backspace is a simple typing game that uses your MSN chat logs. You feed it a chat log, it reads it and splits it up into levels. Each level you have to type out a set number of messages before time runs out. You score points based on how fast you type each message. High scores are kept for each file.

The point of this game is to use it on your chat logs with someone significant in your life. My objective with this game is to give players a renewed appreciation of how their relationship with someone developed. Hopefully, looking back on your shared history with someone helps you rediscover something about that relationship. Myself, I've already set off quite a few memories - some good, some bad, some just plain messed up - with this game. It's the end of the year, a good time to reflect on your past before looking ahead to the new year.
-

-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Nickel and Dime Game Design All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: