The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commander Keen: Defender of Australia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Commander Keen: Defender of Australia Reply with quote

So this is pretty awesome. Some ART FIEND has been wandering about my home city (and apparently this has appeared in a few other cities around the country), plastering images of Commander Keen all over public property.

These are real, and I don't know how the hell he or she or they pulled some of them off, such the one below:

I've seen a few personally, including ones not pictured in the full gallery here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anklepants/sets/72157600030492928/

So yeah, it's pretty awesome! I found a new one last night after leaving a gig (which reminded me to post about this), and it made a huge smile cross my face. It's pretty surreal turning a corning and seeing him staring at you. I hope the artist leaves a secret message in Galactic Alphabet somewhere!

Also waiting for the dopefish to inevitably show up.

And yes, I know it's hardly AN ALL NEW ART MEDIUM (space invaders and pac-man are pretty common), but it's still awesome. And cooler than most other ones I've seen.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.eegra.com/pages/show/title/07_07_2008_Invasion_of_the_Street_Articons

http://www.eegra.com/pages/show/title/01_08_2008_Keen_sez___quot_Make_art__quot_

And yeah, I think I read somewhere that there are some in Adelaide, too?
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Dess said you posted about it after I posted the thread.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! This is bigger than I thought. I'm really bummed I've never seen one, now. Guess I need to hang around more brick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: