The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the tell us about the games you are playing thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winged Assassins (1984)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting the Cheese is fine and all but it's still just a less involving spreadsheet than Toast Butterer 2008 edition.

It's still better than Diablo II though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at the second to last battle in NWN2, but I'm having a hard time getting to the traitors because my teammates are fucking idiots. The longer I've been playing, the worst they have become in following me around and actually doing shit. All of the squad's behaviors are set accordingly, but they just stand around and get killed. The worst has been the Paladin, the second time I took him on a quest he literally stood at the entrance the entire time. This is really frustrating.
Redeye

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan wrote:
I'm at the second to last battle in NWN2, but I'm having a hard time getting to the traitors because my teammates are fucking idiots. The longer I've been playing, the worst they have become in following me around and actually doing shit. All of the squad's behaviors are set accordingly, but they just stand around and get killed. The worst has been the Paladin, the second time I took him on a quest he literally stood at the entrance the entire time. This is really frustrating.

manual

or herd cats
ryan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm trying that as well, but I can't hit pause fast enough before those remaining in front of the barrier get slaughtered. And the damn thief is able to kill me within a few rounds somehow...ungrateful!

I have a pretty good save, though. I saved right before entering the room, but I have it to where I can get enough influence to keep Qara, which I'm going to have to do since I used her throughout more than my actual character.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Man, I'm so dissapointed that hey fucked up Clear Sky. I had really high hopes for that one. I guess I'll grab it when it's cheap.

well, for hte people who can play it, it seems pretty awesome. hell, my first 30 minutes with it were pretty damn awesome. then it decided it no longer liked me and wouldn't load jack fuckin' squat.

rumor is a patch is furiously in the works, but that is worth the paper it's printed on.

edit: another way of looking at this is that buying at launch is a sort of consumer version of an angel investor in venture capital; someone who is providing seed money with no immediate short term return goal, but rather working from a long-term strategy or for personal/political/ideological reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhex wrote:
crysis: warhead is more like crysis: fun fun fun!

or for me: black screen black screen black screen! can't get that or the original to load a thing. back to clear sky?
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing Mercenaries 2 at a fairly leisurely pace.

Feel to cheap to buy airstrikes, but I do love me some tanks.

Is there any other game in this generation that comes closer to being a really solid "in the line of Tokyo Wars and Battle Tanx" contender? This one has nice simplified controls and lots of things to go boom...

Also dabbling with Braid. Kind of gave up and started using the "unofficial" walkthroughs in contradiction of the official, meta-one... I love that Emo talk and find it really engaging, but being reminded I'm not that (puzzle) smart or not that (controller) deft - and not knowing which - makes me not want to wrestle with the former.
seryogin
JRPG Kommissar
JRPG Kommissar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was trying to pick either Mercenaries 2 or GTA4. I went with GTA4 and think I made the right choice.

In other news, I've just eaten my first yogurt, in a yogurt parfait. I don't know how I feel about it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan wrote:
Yeah, I'm trying that as well, but I can't hit pause fast enough before those remaining in front of the barrier get slaughtered. And the damn thief is able to kill me within a few rounds somehow...ungrateful!

I have a pretty good save, though. I saved right before entering the room, but I have it to where I can get enough influence to keep Qara, which I'm going to have to do since I used her throughout more than my actual character.

Could cheat up the influence on all.

Or pull gear from ones who are in your party at time of entry to endgame that will turn on you.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simplicio wrote:
dhex wrote:
crysis: warhead is more like crysis: fun fun fun!

or for me: black screen black screen black screen! can't get that or the original to load a thing. back to clear sky?

apparently our computers are on some kind of swap deal, since that's exactly what clear sky is giving me.

bah! bah i say!

seriously though, i'm kind of worried i'm completely boned having bought this off of steam.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too. hoping some patch will fix things in a couple weeks/months.
ryan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. So after numerous attempts at defeating the reaver, I load a save game and find him just standing there. The few creatures summoned swung once or twice, but mostly stood there. I was able to reach him with two melee characters and a bard, who proceeded to beat the crap out of him. This isn't the first time this has happened in a game though, a situation turning completely around after a reload and a near impossible fight ends up being finished within five minutes. I'm now on the second stage of the last boss. A three parter. Wee.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny update:

nuked entire steam build; killed everything tages related; re-downloaded steam client; re-downloaded clear sky

and it worked! until i saved and quit and tried to restart and load.

back to square one: freezes upon load or new game. none of the unofficial script fixes have worked.

this has definitely made me reconsider buying new 3rd party games from steam, since you can at least sell a physical copy to someone else.
dhex23 is online now Add to dhex23's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've tried every damn trick I can think of for Crysis, now I'm just waiting to see if anyone can give me info from any of a handful of boards. I have this sneaking suspicion it's an excessively evil version of SecuROM here. yuck.

Also: is there some legal download of Riven? The gametap one won't work, I think, cause I'm on a 64 bit Vista, but I'd really like to play it off the harddrive without worrying about daemontools conflicts or any of that bullshit.

Man, there's a lot to hate about PC gaming.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a lot to hate about shitty drm, to be sure.

so much for supporting indie devs. Sad

in other news: i'm actually enjoying the hell out of crysis warhead. it's about as deep as a puddle but it clips along with the proper kind of intensity.

edit: and the witcher enhanced edition patches? it crashed halfway through last night and guess what? it killed my entire install!

man i picked the wrong day to stop honoring ganesha.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I began Condemned 2: Bloodshot today. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but so far I've been pleased. The game is bleak. Tar people keep attacking me. That's literally people made of tar, not some kind of racial slur. The melee and fisticuffs work pretty well, although I wish it weren't so reliant on quicktime event-type moments (the image of both triggers appears the screen when an enemy--usually some belligerent vagrant or crazy demon tar person--is on his knees; i press the triggers and am asked to lead him to various places in the game where "skull" images are overlaid in order to execute an "environmental" death, which means i throw him head first into a dumpster or tv screen). Seems to me a lot of the combos would work without the game moving into bullet time and prompting my input. The best thing about the game so far is the flashlight, which functions elegantly as a reticule for throwing your melee weapons. I like that I had to intuit this use; there has not been a tip in the game to point me towards it.

The forensic examinations are a little clunky, but the details used in the investigation seem thorough enough (for instance, I was asked whether a bullet wound was entrance or exit: the frayed clothing moving out from the back of the dead man's coat told me it was an exit wound--again, without any obnoxious prompts to tell me exactly what an exit wound would look like.)

And team fortress 2. Still. Was daphny's suggestion that we get a game together a threat or a promise?
simplicio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helicopterp wrote:

And team fortress 2. Still. Was daphny's suggestion that we get a game together a threat or a promise?

I think I just don't get games where it takes a bunch of bullets to do someone in. Things like Day of Defeat or even Counter Strike just make so much more sense to me than Team Fortress or Unreal ever have.
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simplicio wrote:

I think I just don't get games where it takes a bunch of bullets to do someone in. Things like Day of Defeat or even Counter Strike just make so much more sense to me than Team Fortress or Unreal ever have.

I agree it doesn't make sense from a "real world" point of view, but I find games where I'm not skulking around, desperately trying to get sniped or shot a lot more fun.

It's kind of why I like "arcadey" flight fighter games... it's not like I'm going to get the years of training a real pilot would get, so why not make it that much more visceral?
simplicio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's even a "real world" thing. I just fail to derive enjoyment from them. I think the immediacy of a lethal headshot brings me into the action more than the beeswarm effect of Unreal bullets.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just change the game's skin in your head. Pretend you're shooting slingshots with walnut ammunition.
ryan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried playing through The Witcher, but I've been hit with two blue screens of death. I beat NWN2 and have gone into Mask of the Betrayer material, but then I was hit with two blue screens of death. I'm getting IRQ Not Less or Equal To for The Witcher and something about check for hard drive space or for newly installed hardware for Mask of the Betrayer.

The RAM was pretty high quality when I picked it up about a year and a half ago, as was the hard drive. Considering how much hard drive prices have fallen, I would go ahead and pick one up in the event that mine is going out, but I have too much stuff scattered about to pull that trigger before I know for sure that it's the problem. Booooo!

Aside: NWN 2's last boss, I forgot to pause the game while I was on my tenth or so attempt on his third form, but I get back to find him kind of lethargically swiping about, eventually dying after I resurrect everyone else and pummel him for about two minutes more. Fitting death, for this game.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, deepsilver - gsc publisher - got back to me re: technical faults with clear sky. we'll see what's what.

i think i'll play through warhead again. i liked it a lot. but i also liked crysis a lot. so...yeah.

the aliens are much, much improved.

edit:
deepsilver's response:

Quote:
Dear customer,

Thanks for your feedback, we will forward it to the developers, if you have
further information in case you have trouble with the game please contact the
STEAM support, because they are responsible for this version of the game.

Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hilarious update: my borrowed version of clear sky works just fine. so either it's steam, tages, or some combination thereof.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's tages?

just got the Rockstar pack through Steam. I like these 50% off developer weekends; I'm bummed that I just missed out on the id one.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag%C3%A8s

copy protection system.

i am still miffed - huffy, even - but will probably be less so if i get to play tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played through Mercenaries 2, a game I had been looking forward to for a LONG time.

It's flawed, but pretty good, and I have to admit, probably the best arcadey tank game I'm gonna see this generation... ah where have you gone BattleTanx, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

I kind of get the feeling Crackdown took a lot from the original game, in terms of general structure (warring factions, boss leaders to take out, a bit of vehicle play) but they ultimately have different kinetic focuses; Crackdown about superheroic athleticism and don't think about it much ammo, Mercenaries on vehicles and (in this game) paying some attention to what faction you're pissing off, the former about urban layout, the latter semirural and extremely destructable...

Finally, here I am in a Chinese tank

looking at the logo, can you blame me for wanting to pretend I had secretly jacked a vehicle from the mushroom kingdom?
helicopterp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

china looks good on you kirk.

i've finished four levels of Condemned 2. It's interesting, but very hampered by strange game conventions. In a first-person state-of-the-art project that obviously attempts immersion, why do little skull icons appear to tell me where i can drag someone for a super-death-sequence-kill?

Also the lollipop robot woman is a little ridiculous.
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helicopterp wrote:
china looks good on you kirk.

Aw shucks.
I'm ever more enamored w/ my new projector, and figuring out how to my my small apartment work with it, http://kisrael.com/2008/09/28/

More thoughts on Crackdown vs Mercenaries 2:
I generally find a GTA or Mario "morally superior" to a Zelda or Metroid or game that has a lot of lock-and-key powering up, and then character reset at the next game.

Both CD + M2 have that idea of rewarding the player with greater abilities...

Crackdown has it internal to the character, but because its leveling up is a continuum, it's not as bad as it could be.

Mercenaries 2, it's all external... your character doesn't increase in intrinsic abilities at ALL, never even gets body armor. You do get access to a larger host of vehicles, interesting personal weapons, and airstrikes. But these are all akin to temporary powerups, come to think of it... easy come, as you can pick up a rocket launcher or hijack a tank (and later a copter!) with a fairly easy QTE, but easy go, almost anything you have can be ripped to shreds by one of the houses w/ guys w/ rockets, or antiaircraft shoulder mounted stuff.

There is a pleasure in assembling a library of vehicles and supplies and airstrikes to be whisked to your location by your loyal helicopter guy, but ultimately it's a bit like getting the star in Mario, you're well night invulnerable for a bit but get done what you need to because it will (probably) be ending soon.

One of the pleasures of a extrensic-powerups only game is that you can restart and zip through the early levels based on your experience and newly found skill and familiarity rather than some arsenal you've earned an access to. Restarting Crackdown is painful, being able to only jump like a real human basketball player on meth is a let down from where you end up!
Cossix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you play Mercs 1 much?
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cossix wrote:

Yeah, through once or twice.

The emulation on 360 is crashy tho Sad

A lot of fans of the first say they dislike the second, but I don't see why -- this game style makes pretty good use of having a next gen engine -- there's no "deck of 52" and the writing and characters are probably a bit weaker, but the cities don't feel so Potemkin Village-y.

I wonder if the faction-y warfare (which was largely absent in the first game, pretty much everyone just hated the North Koreans, and you rarely had 'this is going to tick off the other guys' missions) is anything like GTA2... you do have to either time things so you don't care you've made an enemy, or be really vigilant about stopping the alarm from being sounded, or be ready to spend a lot of money. (You can hedge a bit by cranking up your stockpile of what they'll sell you, but still, the the factions really matter and need attention if you want your mission avilability and stockpile to be handled.)
ryan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: Conquest of the New World

I would like to apologize to France. Under my guidance, its foray into the New World has been met with an uprising – Hah! Sorry about that! Back to paying taxes… – and humiliation at the hands of the Spanish. Goddamn Spanish. Now that I know how to properly outfit a field army, I will make up for these mistakes posthaste! Spain: Welcome to the business end of my artillery.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update: clear sky is actually quite good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirkjerk wrote:
I kind of get the feeling Crackdown took a lot from the original game, in terms of general structure (warring factions, boss leaders to take out, a bit of vehicle play) but they ultimately have different kinetic focuses; Crackdown about superheroic athleticism and don't think about it much ammo, Mercenaries on vehicles and (in this game) paying some attention to what faction you're pissing off, the former about urban layout, the latter semirural and extremely destructable...
When you say extremely destructible what do you mean? I remember some devloper blogs talking about how the higher ups wanted to implement bulldozers and the devs thought that was not going to be workable. Does this mean they are in it?

HTML is ON
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

extrabastardformula wrote:
kirkjerk wrote:
When you say extremely destructible what do you mean? I remember some devloper blogs talking about how the higher ups wanted to implement bulldozers and the devs thought that was not going to be workable. Does this mean they are in it?

No, just more of the everything's blow-up-able and it stays blown up at least 'til game reload... some buildings have pieces parts and fall apart section by section, but I can see where bulldozering was beyond their engine, most likely.
jjsimpso

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King's Bounty: The Legend is quite good. For those who somehow missed this -- probably almost everyone -- it is a Russian remake of the DOS game King's Bounty. It was released for PCs last week, in stores and digitally through gamersgate.

If you aren't familiar with the original, King's Bounty is all about traipsing around a fantasy kingdom, building a small army, and fighting turn-based skirmishes on a hexagonal grid. The original King's Bounty was the spiritual ancestor of the Heroes of Might and Magic series, but with less castle building. It has RPG elements in the character development of the protagonist, but all the actual fighting is done by the armies. The battles themselves are tactical affairs, but overall success seems more dependent on the strategy of long-term resource management. The fantasy world in this new version is quite charming and, in a very New World Computing sort of way, full of little hidden bonuses for thorough explorers.

I've put several hours into it and like it a lot so far. It is enjoyable playing something with this kind of old school charm. I am so grateful that Russian and Eastern European developers are rising to fill this old school PC gaming void! It even appears that King's Bounty has pretty good distribution, as I saw copies at Walmart. Mount and Blade is supposedly available at retail now as well, but I have yet to see it.
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhex wrote:
update: clear sky is actually quite good.

Please expand.

Also thanks for the heads up, Simpso! I played King's Bounty on the mac, back in the day.
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, well, parts of clear sky are awesome. the upgrading weapons path is great. the day/night cycle, while terrifying at times (because it is dark as hell as you can see from screenshots, the devs listened to complaints regarding this) is quite immersive. the new anomaly setup (artifacts are invisible and have to be found with a detector) is much harder, but more satisfying. i even kinda like the fuck you fuck you hammy acting.

downsides? buggy, crashy, and relying too much on a faction ai that is clearly not ready for prime time.

i want to love it. shit, i want it to work for me out of steam. but i don't know if that will ever actually be true.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirkjerk wrote:
Cossix wrote:

Yeah, through once or twice.

The emulation on 360 is crashy tho Sad

A lot of fans of the first say they dislike the second, but I don't see why -- this game style makes pretty good use of having a next gen engine -- there's no "deck of 52" and the writing and characters are probably a bit weaker, but the cities don't feel so Potemkin Village-y.

Part of it is the massive massive bugs in the game. This game is pretty bad about that, really. The other part is that it just feels so much less FOCUSED than Mercs 1. A lot of the side missions just aren't particularly interesting. The HVTs especially seem incredibly boring in this one. In Mercs 1, everyone has such a personality. Mercs 2 completely loses that with just a ton of bland characters and nameless/faceless targets.

Quote:
I wonder if the faction-y warfare (which was largely absent in the first game, pretty much everyone just hated the North Koreans, and you rarely had 'this is going to tick off the other guys' missions) is anything like GTA2... you do have to either time things so you don't care you've made an enemy, or be really vigilant about stopping the alarm from being sounded, or be ready to spend a lot of money. (You can hedge a bit by cranking up your stockpile of what they'll sell you, but still, the the factions really matter and need attention if you want your mission avilability and stockpile to be handled.)

I never really noticed much of a problem keeping everyone happy. I think at the end of the game I wound up pissing off UP just because I was done with all their missions and side quests and everything.

I kind of feel like this game suffers from Okami Syndrome. Just too much sidequest bullshit and not enough of a focus on the game itself, coupled with pretty weak sidequest-y things.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lock's Quest demo is up on the Wii's Nintendo Channel, so I decided to try it out. The tutorial began when an old man tasked me with building a new retaining wall by the sea. I brought along my sister and we built some walls. Neat!--except for all the excess text I had to tap through. Then an evil robotic horde ("clockworks") led by a pair named Pain and Agony attacked, and I left my sister with the retaining wall to scare away the surf. The old man was pretty pissed that I forgot about her, but there was attack going on. Since the lead Archineer was nearly dead, I had to defend the town myself.

After a six-day onslaught, we evacuated the village (except for my idiot sister, I guess).

This is the sort of game I could get lost in on accident.
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cossix wrote:
Part of it is the massive massive bugs in the game. This game is pretty bad about that, really. The other part is that it just feels so much less FOCUSED than Mercs 1. A lot of the side missions just aren't particularly interesting. The HVTs especially seem incredibly boring in this one. In Mercs 1, everyone has such a personality. Mercs 2 completely loses that with just a ton of bland characters and nameless/faceless targets.

Huh, I didn't find most of the bugs to be game breakers but they were kind of weird
Well, in the first game, there was just one personality per faction, right? or was it two?

If anything it felt like maybe there were fewer innovative combat missions...

It didn't live up to the potential, but I didn't think it was grudge-worthy bad.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

restarted a game of mask of the betrayer.

cleric/warpriest combo is much easier than most other builds i've tried. but still...i feel like i should have an advanced degree in some branch of theoretical mathematics to even begin to follow the ridiculous twists and turns and perks and quibbles and half off except on alternating tuesdays.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Shatterhand is actually... pretty good.

Certainly better than the Power Blade games. Though the running animation in the first game needs to be immortalized somewhere.
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boomerang of death v. fist of fury

winner: fist
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aderack wrote:

Certainly better than the Power Blade games. Though the running animation in the first game needs to be immortalized somewhere.

I have Shatterhand! I got it for free when I bought an NES game carrying case from some customer when I worked at GameStop. I also got a whole bunch of Master System games this way.

Anyway, I've been playing the Little Big Planet Beta and it's pretty much the best thing ever. If you've got a PS3 send a friend request to SuperWes. I never really cared about my friends list before, but with this game there's finally something decent to do online with a PS3. And it's better than decent. It might be the best thing Sony's ever published.

-Wes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes - How did you manage to get an invite? I would LOVE to try it out but I can't seem to find the luck to get in yet.

On-topic: Wipeout HD is pretty fantastic.
aderack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhex wrote:
boomerang of death v. fist of fury

winner: fist

You can PUNCH BULLETS.

Yeah, this feels more Sunsoft than most Sunsoft games, only isn't a complete asshole, unlike most Sunsoft games. Actually, you can tell it's made by the same team as Shadow of the Ninja. This is their masterpiece, though, sort of.

Again, though, every game hero should animate like the Power Blade dude.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silentmatt wrote:
Wes - How did you manage to get an invite? I would LOVE to try it out but I can't seem to find the luck to get in yet.

On-topic: Wipeout HD is pretty fantastic.

I got a code from my friend who works for a European publication. A publication that will be awarding Little Big Planet with a score of 10/10.

I'm actually only a mini-fan of Wipeout. It's pretty and moves fast, but I've always been more of an F-Zero guy. I don't like weapons in my futuristic racing games.

I'm also in the Socom Beta just by chance. I tried it one night and I think I'd rather hit myself in the balls repeatedly than ever play it again. It's fucking horriffic.

-Wes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

This game is great. The copy I picked up the other week in downtown Brooklyn grinds to a halt around the middle of the second level.

Sad.
KinokoFry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing this at the moment: http://www.4mations.tv/clipgame.aspx?key=92B562EA764D2BF8&ctx=medialist&type=image

I suck at it, I can't break 26,000. But it's a neat little concept and very pretty.
Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Mustache wrote:
Quote:

This game is great. The copy I picked up the other week in downtown Brooklyn grinds to a halt around the middle of the second level.

Sad.

Oh man, I loved this title when it came out. It was a random rental that really impressed me. Simple, tough and fun.

I haven't been updating shit on TGQ lately because of my schedule, but I am still trying to violently force the following games into my life:

• Silent Hill: Homecoming (PS3)
• Duke Nukem 3D (XBLA)
• Mega Man 9 (WiiWare)
• Mega Man 2 (Wii VC)

I am enjoying them all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 81 of 85

Jump to: