The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the tell us about the games you are playing thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 83, 84, 85  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best friends, the Dynamic Dyke Duo, recently obtained a PS3 (for free!) so I've been playing that.

They bought Oblivion and Assassin's Creed, both of which I've played plenty of already. I still like Oblivion and still think Assassin's Creed is medicore at best.

They RENTED the TRANSFORMERS game which I secretly wanted to play so I'm glad they got it. I'm also glad they didn't buy it! I played as a DECEPTICON and it was pretty sweet at first, playing as whatshisface at the start of the movie, wrecking up army installations and even controlling that scorpian thing. It felt good both as a robot and as a chopper. Then I got to the city and the game sucked, because the cars handle like fudging shoot! Worse than a wet sponge. To make things worse, I found a bug where this guy I was supposed to be fighting got stuck in an area I couldn't access so yeah, fuck this game. Started so promising, though Sad

They also rented TIME CRISIS 4 with the gun. I didn't like this game in the arcades, and the home version is even worse! I don't know what clown thought that shooting hordes of annoying little bugs would be fun, BUT IT ISN'T. Your character also takes way too long to duck and stuff, I feel like I'm getting cheated by the game constantly plus it just isn't very interesting. They also included a new mode that's a FPS. You play it like a Wii game... aim with the gun and move with all the buttons stuck on it. It's pretty god damn terrible! It plays like shit (like one of those z-grade Wii clones you see everywhere now), but worse of all, it's just boring! I'll stick to the Wii thanks, namco, you bunch of clowns.

Are there any PS3 games actually worth playing? I'll get them to rent Uncharted sometime.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclusives? Just Uncharted, really. I liked Heavenly Sword well enough as a rental- finished it in a single afternoon and sent it back pleasantly satiated. I should play MGS4 I guess, except I haven't played the second and third ones yet.

Otherwise, I like (and own!) The Club and COD4, and the Orange Box, despite everyone ragging on it.

The downloadable games are good though- Everyday Shooter, the Pixeljunk games, Flow.
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Street Fighter IV in some Sega centre in Akihabara a day or two ago and had a gay old time. It's pretty great, I think. Everything felt right. That the game alternates between you fighting the CPU and you fighting other people in the arcade you're in is genius.

EXCEPT. Today I played it in a DIFFERENT sega centre in Osaka, where they only had 4 Street Fighter machines. Occupied by me, and three fatasses. I got my dick handed to me! Every time I had to play another person it was one of these human family buckets who had been pumping hundred-yen pieces into this thing all week. I just wanted a nice game of Street Fighter, but instead I got murderised! So the game is amazing, so long as you only play it in arcades where everyone is your skill level. Otherwise, you're in for some 2-rounds-and-game-over-type shit.
Malloc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've pretty much been playing SoulCalibur IV nonstop, going truly nuts with the character creator and teaching myself how to beat Taki/Mitsu users online while playing as Siegfried.

Someone fight me!
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at a SOUL CALIBUR IV PARTY the other night which bore the distinction of having no actual playing of Soul Calibur IV in it. Apparently most everyone who's bought that game takes it straight back the next day.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(just saw this)

Cycle wrote:
did i just hear a CHALLENGE

no. you're not up to it.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JasonMoses wrote:
simplicio wrote:
Today in the mail:
Yes, I realize these have all been pirated and I could have put them all on my flash cart just fine, but there are very few things in the land of videogames worth fully supporting, and here are three of them.

Are you going to buy them again when they get released in the US later this year?

JM, does that include the Korg? Because i'd rather not import it if i don't have to.
JasonMoses

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup! XSeed picked up the DS-10 for a US release, according to this gamasutra story.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, I can't stop playing PixelJunk Eden. I keep picking it up to play for like one round then move on but it always takes up my whole night.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Fred

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up Everyday Shooter (for the computer) which is pretty great. I'm a sucker for interactive music sort of games, though, so I may be biased.
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
Seriously, I can't stop playing PixelJunk Eden. I keep picking it up to play for like one round then move on but it always takes up my whole night.

it does the same thing for me too, i finally got the full version tonight and there will be time for NOTHING tomorrow
i had to force myself off it so i coudl sleep
oh man shaper have you played with anyone else yet ?

CAN YOU PLAY ONLINE
LETS PLAY ONLINE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My time is split evenly between Pixeljunk Eden, Geometry Wars 2, and Final Fantasy IV. And Braid comes out today, so fuck me. It's a good time to be a gamer.

Oh yeah, I've also been working on a Glorious Trainwreck/advergame/XNA tutorial for a lecture I'm giving at work on making XNA games on Thursday. I'm going to put it on my site too. This is a warning!

-Wes
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing BRAID! It is consistently beautiful. It's hardly the HUGE AMAZING THING it has been hyped up to be. It's does quite clever things with time travel here and there, though. I don't know if I'm going to buy it, I'm finding it very frustrating. I have no idea how the hell I'm supposed to get these two puzzle pieces in the second room! Something about the controls feels off, too. So yeah, it's not too shabby.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of subtle. The final level, when everything comes together, is something else.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycle wrote:
I have no idea how the hell I'm supposed to get these two puzzle pieces in the second room!

Cycle, the one at the top is soluble via what has become one of my favorite moments ever in a game.

The one just above the door still has me stumped. Hey, folks, I'm going to start a thread all about Braid all by itself alone.
Max Cola

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know what's awesome?

playing Shiren, ending up in a monster house and realizing you have an Airslash Scroll :D
The only girl I've ever loved was born with roses in her eyes. But then they buried her alive, one evening 1945, with just her sister at her side, and only weeks before the guns all came and rained on everyone...
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daphaknee wrote:
oh man shaper have you played with anyone else yet ?

Can you play this game online? I think I tried and kind of gave up after a minute. It doesn't seem like you can... I'd love to sometime.
Max Cola wrote:
playing Shiren, ending up in a monster house and realizing you have an Airslash Scroll :D

I thought you said Siren, which... would have been kind of awesome.

silentmatt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coop in Eden is offline only, unfortunately. Which pretty much means I will probably never get the 3-P trophy. Oh well.

Other than that - it is seriously a fantastic game.
dessgeega
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhythm tengoku gold.

it's really just the warioware: touched to rhythm tengoku's warioware: doesn't have anything new to add, it's the same game with a different interface. it's more rhythm tengoku. that being said, of course, it's More Rhythm Tengoku.

the game teaches you a few simple verbs: tap the screen, tap and hold, hold and release, tap the screen and flick the stylus, hold and flick the stylus. then it stretches all of these as far as they can go over the course of apparently at least twenty-four stages.

i just finished the fourth remix; four medals so far (actually, they're gold picture frames in this one). the stages themselves are about as charming as possible, and there are lots of sly cameos by characters from the original.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Bullet Witch.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing through Lufia, the first one, because I have a copy. It's good for all the same reasons Dragon Warrior is good (that is, no matter how many accursed random battles they throw at you, they go by so quickly you're done before you can forget what you were doing). At first I thought the game's big annoyance was going to be that, a la the first Final Fantasy, if you attack an empty monster space it registers as a Miss. However, since the game groups monsters of a kind together, like later Dragon Quests, this turns out to not be a big problem.

No, the game's real annoyance is that it has, like, a miiiiiiiiiiillion dungeons. Dungeons on top of dungeons. Dungeons to get keys to doors in other dungeons, only to find out that said other dungeons are only paths to even more dungeons. Dungeons that warp between each other. Dungeons with multiple entrances (only one of them right, of course). Three dungeons, any of them the correct path, on the way to one dungeon (only one of which contains an EXTREMELY VALUABLE TREASURE. . . of course). The dungeons are very backtracky and dead-end-treasurey. And, to top it all off, your walking speed in dungeons and on the world map is only half of what your in-town walking speed is.

Still, I kinda like it. Despite being so full of random battles and situations in which random battles occur, it's got a quicker pace than the huge majority of its contemporary RPGs. I'm about to enter the very last dungeon. I already went through a dungeon on the way to it, and I already know there's another (thankfully small) dungeon waiting at the top. Here goes!

You know, Lufia II is frustrating for similar reasons. Town->Dungeon->Shrine repeat. On the other hand, Lufia II has very, very good puzzles in the dungeons to spice things up.

"Ayn Rand fans are the old school version of Xenogears fanboys."
-seryogin
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost posted this in "free games" but I guess it's shareware...
Gal-Con... it was some random list of games to try.

I guess a real RTS fan would find it simplistic, but I find it so elemental, like something I would have designed before I knew about RTS. And the Asteroids ships are a nice touch... I feel like I'm playing Ender's Game. It appeals to me in the same way the old C=64 Empire or the Flash Dice Wars game does...

There's also a solitaire like aspect to it, and the urge to reroll the planet layout 'til you have one that's at least neutral...

EDIT: holy crap it's out for iPhone??
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAY HAVE U GUYS EVER HEARD OF THE GAME 'GO OUTSIDE AND GET A LIFE!!!' LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
ApM
Admin Rockstar
Admin Rockstar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Kirk, Galcon's been at the top of the "Featured" list in the App Store for like a week.

Galcon's creator, Phil Hassey, is also pretty active in the Ludum Dare scene. I'm hoping that someday The Hairy Chestival comes to the iPhone, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
HAY HAVE U GUYS EVER HEARD OF THE GAME 'GO OUTSIDE AND GET A LIFE!!!' LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

No what platform is it on?

Wink Wink Wink
wourme

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
Geometry Wars 2

Is this just kind of the same thing as Geometry Wars: Galaxies for Wii? I picked that up after it recently dropped to $20 USD and I've been playing it quite a lot.

I recently finished Kororinpa, and I don't know what the reviewers who called it "devoid of challenge" were talking about. I think the difficulty is perfect. I guess it's easy if you play only the basic levels using a slow ball and get nothing better than bronze trophies. But I think that very point has already been made by members of these forums.
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:

It's over-rated. Also, stop posting pointless posts in good threads plz.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:

No, but if you tell me the controls I can fake it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Earth Defense Force 2017 at the same time as Bullet Witch. It is equally awesome in different ways.

Something to consider, however. Bullet Witch traces the future of Earth, year by year, until 2013. Earth Defense Force traces the future of Earth from 2013 to 2017.

So why didn't they just use magic to blow away the aliens?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wourme wrote:
SuperWes wrote:
Geometry Wars 2

Is this just kind of the same thing as Geometry Wars: Galaxies for Wii? I picked that up after it recently dropped to $20 USD and I've been playing it quite a lot.

I haven't played that one, but I can't imagine it would be any good. Geometry Wars is all about beating your friends' high scores, and with such a shitty net interface I'm sure the Wii version handles this aspect ineligantly if at all.

It's incredible though.

-Wes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now I've moved on to Lufia II, which is a much better game than the original. Monsters in dungeons are visible, how you approach them determines your advantage in battle, you can freeze them in place if you don't want to fight them, there are lots of good puzzles, there is an overabundance of money and experience and the battles are easy--it is about as grindless as one of these games can get. Stark contrast to the original. But the first Lufia game has something I still wish every RPG in the world had implemented: a useful mage.

For most RPGs, I'm too afraid to expend MP in regular battles because I don't know how tough the boss will be. MP-healing potions are usually rare, and casting spells takes too long anyway. In Lufia, the mage character can whip out a spell that's equal the attack power of the fighters at only 2 MP for the majority of the game. The animation is very quick, and most monsters don't have elemental defenses to make casting it a bad idea. MP-healing items are very cheap besides.

Lufia II comes close. Spells now take a little more MP. But most dungeons have frequent MP-healing tiles. They also take much longer to cast. And monsters now have all kinds of elemental defenses, meaning on any given enemy (unless you're in an element-themed area like a fire dungeon) you have to burn through four spells to find its weakness, and even more than that later in the game. Then of course you have to remember all of these weaknesses, which is pretty rough due to huge variety.

Mages shouldn't be backseat characters you keep around to make boss fights easier. So few RPGs get this right.

Anyway, Lufia II is a prequel that ends with the events that begin the first game. Meaning the opening of the first game is a big spoiler, especially because of which characters you have with you. Which makes Lufia II a bit more interesting. This is a really, really solid game. Except for the mage thing.

Edit: As I play it more the mages become more useful, but the spell animations are still too long.

Edit again: I think I'm being too harsh on the spell animations. It's an interesting psychological question why, the more damage they do, the more willing I am to tolerate them. Maybe it's conditioning. In any case, sign Lufia I and II onto the list of "RPGs in which mages aren't useless until boss fights."

-seryogin

Last edited by Swimmy on Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aderack wrote:
I got Earth Defense Force 2017 at the same time as Bullet Witch. It is equally awesome in different ways.

Something to consider, however. Bullet Witch traces the future of Earth, year by year, until 2013. Earth Defense Force traces the future of Earth from 2013 to 2017.

So why didn't they just use magic to blow away the aliens?

I hadn't heard much about Bullet Witch! But I adore EDF 2017.
http://www.bulletwitch.com/us/index.html is not hope inducing.

Is it hard to find? I just checked out some videos, seems like it might be in that... I dunno, EDF and/or Mercenaries or something...
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man Cave Story is exactly what I need from a videogame. At the end of a long day when you need to empty your head, it's perfect. When I last left it I was about to take on the final three bosses AND the hell level, with no life pot! It seemed like an insurmountable task at the time, but this evening I flew back through the final cave (hidden), went to Jenka in the sand zone to get a life pot, and then flew back through the cave to the prefab hut on the top of the island! Fun!

Then I had a go on the bosses.

Misery: SHIT ON THAT HO
Doctor: SHIT ON THAT HO
Hulk-Doctor: SHIT ON THAT HO

Took life pot.

Island's Core: Died Sad

But, it was pretty much a breeze to play through! This game is very fun!
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swimmy wrote:
Lufia 1 & 2

Man, for a while I thought I could get you to attempt to make me excited about playing these games, then I realized that it was Lunar 1&2 that I picked up. Well, not picked up, a very good friend was giving away his PS1 collection to different friends, and for some reason he saved the Complete Collectors Editions of Lunar 1&2 for me. I... don't know why he thought of me. But that was like 3 years ago, and nothing can get me interested enough to even play these games. Nice boxes at least!

Swimmy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, no. The Lunar games are a mess.

Well, actually, the first one is decent, when you consider that the original game was an FF4 competitor. But it doesn't hold up well and the Working Designs translation on top of an already boring story on top of annoying voice acting is pretty insufferable.

If all the packaging is intact, ebay that shit.

-seryogin
aderack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirkjerk wrote:
I hadn't heard much about Bullet Witch! But I adore EDF 2017.
http://www.bulletwitch.com/us/index.html is not hope inducing.

Is it hard to find? I just checked out some videos, seems like it might be in that... I dunno, EDF and/or Mercenaries or something...

I got it from one of the second-rung Amazon sellers, for about fifteen bucks. So it's not really officially available anymore, looks like. Which is both expected and interesting, considering that, for as low-budget as this is, Cavia and Atari seemed to put a lot of energy behind it.

Yeah, it's by Cavia. And it's so incredibly imperfect, but wonderfully crunchy and odd. And like EDF, it's got this amazing sense of scale to it -- though it takes a different form. Where with EDF it's about immense destruction, with Bullet Witch it's about looking back and seeing just how far you've come. It's also got great art design and snap to everything, including its interface.

So. Yeah. If you like EDF, there's a good chance it's for you. They slot into a similar category of well-meaning super-ambitious low-budget monsterpieces.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished up Izuna 1 this morning at work save for the final bonus postgame dungeon. That...will have to wait awhile since I am to dive into Izuna 2 come Monday morning.

Overall, Izuna 1 was an infuriating game. However, like most Roguelikes, that is moreso due to my own shortcomings of patience and overabundance of bravado causing me to lose out and have to come at things again.

Also, Samurai Warriors Katana is awesome---addictive and challenging with much depth to it. I encourage folks to try it out since the game can be picked up New and to a lesser degree Used for ridiculously cheap online and probably within some stores. I dream of a sequel or follow up.
SuperWes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote an article about Bullet Witch! Look for it in TGQ issue #9, due late 2011!

-Wes
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made it to the last boss of Cave Story, Ballos. Holy crap! He himself isn't that difficult, I don't think, it's just getting to him with enough health which is the problem.

I'm really happy I'm still playing this game, though! It seems like a long time since I first started this playthrough, and an eon since I picked up the game for the first time. It's still going on, and yet the game is as short as you like! In that respect, it's pretty much perfect in my eyes.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried the devil may cry 4 pc demo. it's very pretty.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
I wrote an article about Bullet Witch! Look for it in TGQ issue #9, due late 2011!

-Wes

So how obscure is this game?

I went to a GameStop and the guy laughed at me and assured me that it wasn't very good.
aderack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which should tell you just how awesome it is.

It's fairly obscure. I mean. It's about as mainstream as Cavia.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aderack wrote:

Yeah, I'm usually more about giving the gamestop guy the benefit of the doubt, but when I asked for details, explaining I liked some vaguely similar stuff like EDF2017 and Mercenaries, the best he seemed to come up with was "well the camera angles are pretty bad"/
dessgeega

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhythm tengoku has a really nice structure; it took me a few days to clear all the stages (including the hard stages) and now i'm in the phase where i replay all of the stages to earn medals (or gold frames). i'm up to twenty-seven so far, which is enough to unlock most of the bonus material. it bears mentioning that all of the bonus games are amazing games in their own right; the last one in particular, which you unlock at twenty-seven medals, is the very essence of rhythm tengoku.

when i said i cleared the stages of the game, i was partially lying: one of the things about rhythm tengoku gold i appreciate is that after you've struggled with a stage a few times without success, you're given the option of skipping it. this is great because the first time through the game you just want to see all the stages: you're going to go back and replay them all a bunch of times later. if you're having trouble catching the rhythm of one of the stages, it doesn't bring the game to a screeching halt.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirkjerk wrote:
aderack wrote:

Yeah, I'm usually more about giving the gamestop guy the benefit of the doubt, but when I asked for details, explaining I liked some vaguely similar stuff like EDF2017 and Mercenaries, the best he seemed to come up with was "well the camera angles are pretty bad"/

David Hellman was over here playing the game, and his first observation was how unusually great the camera was.

Then I inadvertently made fun of him for not recognizing the gas station as a gas station, and he stopped playing. :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirkjerk wrote:

It's one of those games that was used by IGN as a metric for how bad a game can possibly be. Viewed from a purely mechanical level I can maybe, kinda see this, but from the level of "OH MY GOD I'M STANDING ON TOP OF A MOVING PLANE FIGHTING A GIANT FLYING PENIS THAT SHOOTS SPERMS!" it's really, really fuckin' good.

-Wes
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that's why people are predisposed to not liking it. Same reason I assume the Cho Aniki games are not any good, but for all I know they might be brilliant.

Oh yeah, Fuck You Ballos. What a mother.
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aderack wrote:
kirkjerk wrote:
aderack wrote:

David Hellman was over here playing the game, and his first observation was how unusually great the camera was.

Then I inadvertently made fun of him for not recognizing the gas station as a gas station, and he stopped playing. Sad

was that the camera ang;e's fault?

I admit it's the comparison w/ edf2017 that has me most intrigued, despite that the initial comment was about how they're awesome in totally different ways.
aderack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
It's one of those games that was used by IGN as a metric for how bad a game can possibly be.

That's actually really difficult for me to comprehend. I've only played through the first level so far, but it's been pretty amazing. It's gorgeous, it controls well, it's clever, it's full of heart and ambition. Even the menus are amazing and snappy.

I mean, it's glitchy, sure. There are invisible walls all over. The translation is amazing and hilarious. But there's seriously nothing important wrong with it, that I've seen.

EDIT: Here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzuiS7OZA_U

Last edited by aderack on Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
dessgeega

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aderack wrote:
SuperWes wrote:
It's one of those games that was used by IGN as a metric for how bad a game can possibly be.

That's actually really difficult for me to comprehend. I've only played through the first level so far, but it's been pretty amazing. It's gorgeous, it controls well, it's clever, it's full of heart and ambition. Even the menus are amazing and snappy.

ign.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 76 of 85

Jump to: