The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recommend to me, for PSP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Great Unwashed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Recommend to me, for PSP Reply with quote

I have recently come into possession of a silver slimline PSP! Something I have been interested in for some time, but never thought I would have one of. Accordingly, I haven't really been keeping up as it were, so I don't have any idea really what's available. It came with God of War which is quite delightful, but other than that (and trying hard to find a copy of Crush), I've pretty much got no idea.

So! Does anybody have any PSP experiences they would like to share, or games they would like to recommend? I'm pretty much open to anything at the moment, so feel free to carve anything you want onto the tabula rasa that is my PSP. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crush is a nice concept, in a game that's more boring and frustrating than fun, with an absolutely godawful presentation trying to tie together some puzzles into a narrative.

(But then I hated the God of War demo too, and I don't even mind the PS2 versions. You know that demo actually gave me motion sickness? Totally bizarre.)

Things I do like, which have made my purchase worthwhile:
Every Extend Extra
Patapon
LocoRoco
Final Fantasy Tactics

Ridge Racer's good but ultimately very repetitive (still, it's somehow much better than Outrun 2006)

Other people like Jeanne D'Arc, Mega Man Powered Up, Lumines and Dracula X Chronicles, but I'm kicking myself for having wasted money on each of them. I'm sort of neutral on Exit, and I thought Gurumin had enough personality that I bought it from the Playstation Network, just to have a decent diversion available on the memory stick.

The next five responses will likely be telling you to hack it. I haven't and I don't plan to.
extrabastardformula

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gitaroo Man needs love badly!

Seriously though, it's a fantastic little game. Tough but rewarding.

HTML is ON
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Intentionally Wrong

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're the kind of person who loves tactics-style RPGs and doesn't mind a bizarre game convention or two, the Metal Gear AC!D games are pretty fun.

Lumines was a pleasant diversion for, like, an hour.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much has changed since I wrote this up

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
The Great Unwashed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayumn. I didn't even know about that thread! Thanks for that Shaper, I'll give it a looksee. And thanks to everyone else!
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simplicio wrote:
Ridge Racer's good but ultimately very repetitive (still, it's somehow much better than Outrun 2006)

Man, every ridge racer game is ultimately repetitive. I didn't find RR psp to be all that different from that perspective. It's the game that I bought the system for and, while probably not worth just having it for the system would have been enough, it was a good choice of "only game to play on a system for a long while". I think it's a better RR game than most people give it credit for, and it's an even better game if you've missed much of the series (many of the levels are pulled from other games as a sort of greatest hits of tracks)

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
simplicio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it. I did, and played it quite a bit. But then I got to the point where I still hadn't finished the game and was wondering why I was still doing the same stuff over and over.
Ryan - SuperWes' Bane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to get that FF Dissidia when it comes out. Heard Crisis Core is good too.
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECHOCHROME
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also space invaders extreme if you dont have it for the ds

ooo oo and work time fun!! i cant recommend taht game enough! it will BLOW YOUR MIND
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lasa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Import the Salamander and Parodius collections.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: