The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the tell us about the games you are playing thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 83, 84, 85  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am going to rock out on wii fit, i just hope idont break it

but i trust nintendo and their hardware, i still ahvent broken my wii motes nad they've been stepped on, chewed on by gigantic dogs, thrown against walls, thrown in the sink, used as skull-beating-poor-sport weapons, dropped, kicked and trashed and they still work like a dream

so im not toooooooo worried about breaking wii fit
just a little

lol page 69
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
and i'm the queen of the gag. you don't know, harvey james.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lestrade wrote:
Am I turning into a casual gamer? I haven't played much of anything in weeks, it seems. Even HL2: Episode 1 is sitting unfinished in my 360 (though I know I'll get to it and its sequel eventually). I'm thriving mostly off occasional bouts of Rock Band, and even those are few and far between these days.

The really interesting part is that none of this seems to bother me. This seems odd considering I have five separate video game systems hooked up to my HDTV right now, yet the games I'm most looking forward to are Wii Fit and Guitar Hero: On Tour.* I keep watching preview videos and reading about new releases and it all just washes right over me.

Maybe I should hand in my badge and gun. Move over, grandma!

*Actually, I'm starting to think that Space Invaders Extreme is going to be pretty good too.

Maybe you'd like Miss Management!

Holy shit, I earn money, I can actually buy the WHOLE GAME of Miss Management now!
Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I broke down and got Mario Kart Wii today. See you folks online.
Swimmy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durandal: complete!

The story still wasn't particularly interesting. There were a few nice bits involving Tycho and Durandal fighting, but most of it is still just "blah blah scifi SCIFI!" The level design got a lot better. I've got high hopes for Infinity, but I still have yet to make a successful grenade jump, so there had better not be much of that.

"Ayn Rand fans are the old school version of Xenogears fanboys."
-seryogin
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It saddens me that you don't enjoy the story as much as I, but I understand it can't be everyone's cup of tea. You should enjoy Infinity, though, just prepare to be confused and also a bit frustrated as it contains a few ballbreaking levels (the first level is needlessly complicated, for example).
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so online doesn't really work for me and I think I hate the game. I don't know why I deluded myself into thinking this might be fun; even Mario Galaxy was garbage.

Next!
helicopterp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God of War: Why are there so many hordes of incompetent zombies? You'd think they'd have learned by now that forming a circle around me and gawking isn't a winning strategy. This feels like the bad parts of Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
Swimmy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycle wrote:
(the first level is needlessly complicated, for example).

Haha, wow, you weren't kidding. How tiring!

-seryogin

Last edited by Swimmy on Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, even the level designer admitted it probably wasn't the best idea, putting such a complex level right at the start of the game!

Remember I'm always here if you get stuck!
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lestrade wrote:
Okay, so online doesn't really work for me and I think I hate the game. I don't know why I deluded myself into thinking this might be fun; even Mario Galaxy was garbage.

Next!

I lived this exact situation out in a scenario in my head and it ended the same as your real example. Disappointing.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lestrade wrote:

Next!

You probably hate a lot of things, homeboy

Mario Galaxy is really good!
dessgeega
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're such a mario galaxy curmudgeon these days, harvey james.
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that's intended ironically, but for the record: I really like Mario Galaxy

I can go point-by-point and say why I like it if you want, but I haven't bothered because I thought it would be obvious to every who picks up a controller and plays it

There are things they got right in Mario 64 that they've chosen to omit from this game for whatever reason, and that's a shame, but I came into this game aware of that fact and can enjoy it for what gets right. Depsite the fact that you can't choose to get the stars in any order, the stage design is superb all the way through! Definitely on a par with the best stage design in Mario 64 and in a lot of cases better.

Also Mario is a huge amount of fun to control. People seem to get their nuts twisted about how it doesn't control exactly like Mario 64, and in doing so they miss out on all the cool shit they added to the control system. That mid-air spin is awesome! It's a happy medium between the mollycoddling constant safety net of Sunshine's Fludd Pack and the slightly frustrating one-wrong-move-and-you're-dead Sunshine levels without the Fludd Pack. It's a good use of the Wii Remote, too. It wasn't like Twilight Princess where I was thinking DOOD I MAY AS WELL JUST BE PRESSING A BUTTON, since shaking the remote / nunchuk seems a lot more analogous to spinning Mario than it does to swinging a sword. Also, when you're punching Bowser around that little planet, it's really you punching him!

IF YOU CAN'T RESPECT THAT YOUR WHOLE PERSPECTIVE IS WACK. MAYBE YOU LOVE HIM WHEN HE FADE TO BLACK.

Also, people who say they like Sunshine more than Galaxy are either pretending or really desperate to find an angle that sets them apart from everyone else, like people who say George Harrison was the best Beatle.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see it bugs me how you discount anyone's opinion that has anything critical to say about the game.
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a false dichotomy up top - nobody actually liked sunshine.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
IF YOU CAN'T RESPECT THAT YOUR WHOLE PERSPECTIVE IS WACK. MAYBE YOU LOVE HIM WHEN HE FADE TO BLACK.

Finally somebody has cleared up that tricky Jay-Z line for me. It has been bothering me for years!
Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at a disadvantage here because I can't explain my opinion regarding SMG without spoiling a little project a friend and I are hoping to launch this year. Needless to say, it will be entertaining and hopefully poignant.

What I can say is: I'm a big Mario nerd (as the giant plush mushroom on my couch will attest) but I have major franchise fatigue. I don't want to see another Mario anything game for three years, and then it should be a complete re-think by someone completely new. I'm tired of the teams of spineless apprentices reading feature lists sent in by fans, looking at past glories and then missing the point entirely.

A graph of my experience with SMG would start high, high, high and then plummet quickly into heartfelt disappointment at a missed opportunity. It would squeal "Whoo-hoooooooooo!" all the way down.

Shapermc wrote:
Lestrade wrote:

Next!

I lived this exact situation out in a scenario in my head and it ended the same as your real example. Disappointing.

As usual, you are a smarter man than I.
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
see it bugs me how you discount anyone's opinion that has anything critical to say about the game.

I gotta say I didn't see that in his post;
he argues
A. it's "intuitively" likable to anyone picking up the controller
B. It probably would be better if you could do the stars in any order (which to be seems to bringing in a new criticism)
C. It's control scheme is better despite people stating preference for Mario 64's, and it makes better use of the specialness of the Wii controller
D. He then goes a bit further on a limb and thinks it's unlikely or pose-ish to prefer Sunshine over Galaxy

He's a staunch defender of the thing, but not utterly discouting. IMO.

In general, this pro/con Kart/Galaxy for some reason reminds me of this article, on "Maximizers vs Satisficers"
http://www.johnshirley.net/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=336&calDate=4|25|2004#204
Maybe that's not quite applicable, it's a simpler case of Perfectionists vs Compromisers, but still I'm in the camp that thinks compromisers have more fun.
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Returning a bit to the thread topic:
Yesterday was the trade meet of New England Classic Gamers, a very small little group I've been involved in for 5 or so years now. Mostly it's a little trademeet with some gaming on the side (most often a tourney run by yours truly), it had been too long since or last meeting, but turnout was good and a lot more trading went on than I expected.

For gaming, I busted out my fresh-that-morning copy of Mario Kart Wii, which was well received, and Smash Bros Brawl, which wasn't so much. Ghost Squad was a lot of fun.

Next time I'll need to get into getting a tourney going again: previous ones have included Mario Karts (SNES/N64/GC), Fighters, GC-in-general, even my own JoustPong (which actually is a surprisingly exciting head to head game) but the best was when a bunch of people each picked a different obscure-ish title, and we used a rough point/ranking system.

Anyway.
It seems like I'll be having a small plethora of new Nintendo updated versions to enjoy w/ my main buddies, smash and kart especially, and then I am so greatly anticipating GTAIV...
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirkjerk wrote:
dessgeega wrote:

I gotta say I didn't see that in his post;
he argues
A. it's "intuitively" likable to anyone picking up the controller
B. It probably would be better if you could do the stars in any order (which to be seems to bringing in a new criticism)
C. It's control scheme is better despite people stating preference for Mario 64's, and it makes better use of the specialness of the Wii controller
D. He then goes a bit further on a limb and thinks it's unlikely or pose-ish to prefer Sunshine over Galaxy

He's a staunch defender of the thing, but not utterly discouting. IMO.

In general, this pro/con Kart/Galaxy for some reason reminds me of this article, on "Maximizers vs Satisficers"
http://www.johnshirley.net/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=336&calDate=4|25|2004#204
Maybe that's not quite applicable, it's a simpler case of Perfectionists vs Compromisers, but still I'm in the camp that thinks compromisers have more fun.

Thankyou Kirk

I don't discount people's criticisms of Mario Galaxy, I just don't let them affect my enjoyment of the game. There's a whole lot of things they could have or should have done with that game, but they didn't. Maybe if I had directed it and not them it would have been a different story, but that isn't the case, so all I can do is enjoy the game they've put out for what it is. As it happens the game is very, very good despite all the things I would have changed (mainly, I would have structured it more like Mario 64).

Actually, if I was really directing it I would have tried for a whole new format that's nothing like Mario 64. But as a bunch of guys trying to make Mario 64 2, which is what they were, I think they did a pretty good job. I could easily tell the development team what they should have done differently, as could we all. The point is, the things the game does wrong don't ruin it and the good things about that game far outweigh the bad.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing tons of Track Mania. I keep playing "just one round" when taking a break from SH:O and end up playing all night. I ended up just buying the full game, which is amazingly better than the demo that is on steam (not to say that the demo isn't good, it's practically a full game in itself).

Also I got Noitu Love 2 after playing the demo for a third time though. I still kind of wish that I could play it with a controller, but it works really well as it is. I think (as clinched as this sounds) that it would make a great DS game (or at least game mechanic) with your left hand on the Dpad and your right making stylus attacks. It's a real shame that games this good haven't been made yet for the DS. I don't think this game would work as well with the Wii, but it could potentially work there too. It would be great if this was released on the Wii Ware with Chalk.

Winged Assassins (1984)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
Also I got Noitu Love 2 after playing the demo for a third time though. I still kind of wish that I could play it with a controller, but it works really well as it is.

You could use JoyToKey to set the mouse to a stick on an analogue controller.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want to for some reason.

earlier this week i finished the bonus modes. the last one is basically a light gun game! that's incredible.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat Marathon Infinity.

Wow.

This is why I like videogames. The level design is seriously weak in some places (though I love the final stage). But the story is simply something else. It's not as coherent as, say, Siren, but considering the subject matter it can't be.

-seryogin
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAM.

Welcome to enlightenment, Swimmy!
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, I want to play it

Is there a way of getting it to work on my PC?

In other news I played the end of HL2:Episode II because my dad was stuck on it. Beat the Striders on maybe my third go? My dad was wrong about the his predicted ending where either Gordon and Alyx or Alyx and Barney 'shag'.
sediment

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting WoW aside for a while.

I've been playing a lot - and I mean a lot - of Rock Band. I'm my household's guitarist!

Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
My dad was wrong about the his predicted ending where either Gordon and Alyx or Alyx and Barney 'shag'.

Although I would like to have seen how they'd have handled that since the whole game is POV and Gordon never makes a noise. It'd be funny if the first words Gordon ever spoke in the game were just really throaty sex noises.
simplicio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No vox, just bunnyhopping.
Cossix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daphny needs her own version of this thread where only she can post in it and basically she just bitches about the games I'm playing at the moment because man she sure does yell at me about this stuff a lot.

I beat Dead Rising last weekend! I started it on Friday and finished it on Sunday. The game is three days and it took three days! I started at level 10 and ended at level 47.

Overtime mode really sucked (after the regular 72 hour mode, anyways). It was a big stupid fetch quest that ended in a battle completely unlike anything else in the game and then went on to a battle where you had no items. I mean I can see what they might have wanted to do for this (do things differently than the rest of the game, I guess) and it did have one REALLY AWESOME PART (ZOMBIE PHEROMONES) but other than that, meh. Really, the last twelve hours of 72 hour mode were kind of dumb. Nothing really happened that I could tell, and I just kept running all over the mall trying to see if I was missing something.

I totally abused the small chainsaw three book combo. I don't feel bad about it at all.

Also Mario Galaxy is pretty okay but the bosses seem pretty poorly designed and the game seems like it was run through some sort of computer algorithm to optimize it for fun and it got stuck in a local maximum and no one really went through and made it actually fun. Basically I'm saying it felt kind of stale and mechanical. Also water controls were a fucking abortion. The game still has some pretty interesting moments though. It's just like, every point in the game where you feel like it's starting to get dull, they do one thing and you have hope again. I'm pretty good at apologizing for games and all, but I just didn't feel like this one nailed anything very well.
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! A few things!

1. Mario Sunshine is better than Galaxy
2. Mario Kart Wii is a lot better if you play it with Automatic turned on (as discussed in the other thread). Come back and post here after you try it!
3. I've been playing GTA4, which is great and the only GTA game I've ever actually enjoyed playing through the story mode in.
4. I got The World Ends with You and it's also super great, but I haven't played it much because...
5. I'm saving it for my vacation next week in THE BRITISH MOTHERFUCKING VIRGIN ISLANDS! Christina's family is chartering a sailboat and we're sailin' around. I'll be back in a few weeks. Enjoy our time apart fools!

-Wes
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
Hey guys! A few things!

Wes has it in for me :O

Seriously though, what's better about it? You're just giving out the message that you have really bad taste in games.
SuperWes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
SuperWes wrote:
Hey guys! A few things!

Wes has it in for me :O

Seriously though, what's better about it?

I lied actually. It's not a better game, I just like it better.

Things that are shitty about Mario Galaxy:

The pointer, which has a lot of potential to be an amazingly fun revolution in how Mario is controlled is only used well on a few stages.

The levels are 90% linear and based on which star you decide to go after, reducing rewards and opportunities for exploration to nearly nothing.

The hub is really boring, pointless, and screws up the flow of the game, particularly when you're sent back to the galaxy princess for story purposes after finishing a level. You have to go back to whatever world you were in when you want to keep going from where you left off.

Basically the game plays like a linear, badly paced Mario 64 without the punching or flying.

Mario Sunshine, on the other hand, is set up so that you're given a totally nonlinear level, shown where the stars are, given a whole bunch of abilities, and then asked to explore the level to learn your abilities and figure out how to get to whatever star you want. And this works really well! The game sort of falls apart a bit when it's not following this structure, but because it's nonlinear at a level higher than stage-order, you're rarely forced into doing something that you aren't having fun with.

But yeah, I'm not going to argue with anyone about which is better. Mario Sunshine was just a lot closer to my tastes.

I should also mention that I played through Sunshine in Japanese, so any game-flow ruining text sessions were lost on me.

-Wes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunshine was often fantastic, but the game felt somewhat unfinished and a few portions really drag.

The hub is consistently fantastic though and it's one of the only games in which running around, jumping and sliding are rewarding in and of themselves.
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey you know you can't get stars out of order within a stage in Mario Sunshine. Also you can punch in Galaxy! It's the spin! When you run into a stunned enemy Mario will kick them, too.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of the not-2D puzzles in olde style from Sunshine, I pretty much hated everything about that game. Most importantly it has the worst camera in a platformer I've possibly ever used.

I really like Mario Galaxy, but I can't finish it because there's so-o much shit that takes me out of the game.

If both Mario Sunshine and Galaxy had all the bullshit stripped out of them and were lined up down a linear path (rather than try to mask that with hubs) I would much rather play Galaxy.

As it stands both are organized exactly like Mario 64 with slight differences to attempt to fool the inattentive.

sediment

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent Lost Odyssey back in to Gamefly because it's crap. Got Assassin's Creed - and I'm enjoying it so far, even in spite of the "lol Death stole all your badass gear" thing at the beginning. Except it wasn't Death that did it, it was Altair's geezer boss.

Basically, eye emm oh, this game would be fairly perfect if it also had a bow, special elemental arrows, and a lockpicking minigame.

I'm actually not being a bitch when I say that, too! Seriously, the movement/interaction controls are immensely superior to those of those "other" stealth/intrusion oriented games, I find.

I also love that there's a flying death attack. I must be a cheap date if all it takes is a flying death attack to sell me.

Swimmy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People sure seem to have different Mario Sunshine experiences from mine. I consider it to have one of the better 3D cameras I've played with, the only exception being the water park fence maze. I struggle all the time with Mario 64's camera because I always have to push buttons, and it can never scroll out far enough for my tastes. It always seems to want to auto-adjust to a claustrophobic point. Same with. . . pretty much every 3D Nintendo game, but at least the Gamecube gave me the c-nub to constantly adjust things to my liking.

Sunshine controls smoother, too. I still dislike the 64's analog stick, and Mario is just all slip-slidy, no traction in those shoes at all. Wall-jumping and side-jumping are unnecessarily strict.

Not that Sunshine's a better game, just that I apparently melded really well with it.

-seryogin
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying that it has a worse camera than Mario 64. At the time it was very ground breaking and I can excuse some clumsiness with it. That said, I would still rather use it and play Mario 64 than use the camera and play Mario Sunshine. The camera did not adpt well enough for the speed and distance required with Sunshine. There were at least one or two stars per area that had some task which was simple/easy yet when combined with the camera made me feel like an infant not yet in control of their limbs properly yet. The fence maze was the icing on the cake though.

Swimmy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that I can get behind. I just really like right-stick-controlled cameras. They make me happy.

-seryogin
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate the driving in gta4
i mean everything about hte game is wow but god i suck at driving i really just want bully 2 with a girl main character
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PINCH, PUNCH, FIRST OF THE MONTH, FELLAS

Shapermc wrote:
I'm not saying that it has a worse camera than Mario 64. At the time it was very ground breaking and I can excuse some clumsiness with it. That said, I would still rather use it and play Mario 64 than use the camera and play Mario Sunshine. The camera did not adpt well enough for the speed and distance required with Sunshine. There were at least one or two stars per area that had some task which was simple/easy yet when combined with the camera made me feel like an infant not yet in control of their limbs properly yet. The fence maze was the icing on the cake though.

I just hated the way most of Sunshine felt like no-one had stopped to check if it was fun at any point. Also those stupid plant people.

The camera is Sunshine is the same as in Wind Waker and I don't have any problems with it, except in Wind Waker you can zoom it all the way in and in Sunshine you can't, so it feels a bit crippled.
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Mustache wrote:
The hub is consistently fantastic though and it's one of the only games in which running around, jumping and sliding are rewarding in and of themselves.

What was so great about the hub? I really loved the music though. So sunshiney!

I thought it was odd how the warp to subworld sound was so borrowed from Zelda. Though between that and mid-era atari arcade games I'm wondering if there is something to companies having a signature sound library...
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a couple of live versions of that music on my hard drive and whenever it comes on itunes I always mistake it for Django Reinhart or something. It's a really excellent pastiche of that kind of music!
seryogin
JRPG Kommissar
JRPG Kommissar

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SNK Collection came out everyone should play it.
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I want to get that. It has Shock Troopers!

SHOCK TROOPERS!

One of the best Neo-Geo action games ever released. Seriously.

daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what system is it for and what games does it have
ryan

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go:

SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION, the U.S. publishing arm of the SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION, today announced SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system and the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system is shipping to retailers across North America. The Wii version to ship in October.

SNK Arcade Classics: Vol. 1 is jam packed with 16 of the following SNK games all on 1 disc:

- ART OF FIGHTING - The first game in SNK's second fighting-game franchise, set in the same universe as FATAL FURY.

- BASEBALL STARS 2 - The sequel to SNK's popular baseball arcade game.

- BURNING FIGHT - New York detectives battle organized crime in this fighter.

- FATAL FURY - First released in 1991, FATAL FURY introduced the two-plane fighting system.

- THE KING OF FIGHTERS '94 - The first game in the popular KING OF FIGHTERS series.

- KING OF THE MONSTERS - In KING OF THE MONSTERS, giant monsters fight for power in epic battles.

- LAST RESORT - A challenging futuristic shooter.

- MAGICIAN LORD - Players help the wizard Elta save his homeworld in this platformer.

- METAL SLUG - Known for its humor and fast- moving gameplay, this run-and-gun side-scroller was the first in the popular series.

- NEO TURF MASTERS - A golf game which debuted in the arcades in 1996.

- SAMURAI SHODOWN - Set in the 18th century, SAMURAI SHODOWN features bladed-weapon combat and an international cast of characters.

- SENGOKU - In SENGOKU, players face off against undead feudal Japanese armies.

- SHOCK TROOPERS - In this run-and-gun adventure, players save a scientist and his granddaughter from the Bloody Scorpions.

- SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 - A soccer game featuring teams from all over the world.

- TOP HUNTER - Bounty hunters protect colonists from space pirates in this futuristic action game.

- WORLD HEROES - This classic fighter pits players against historical figures in a tournament enabled by time travel.

"I see SNK ARCADE CLASSICS VOL 1 as being the first 'Holy Grail' collection for the SNK classic arcade fan," said Ben Herman, president of SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION. "It is by far the most comprehensive SNK NEOGEO compilation to date."
dessgeega

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been aware of game center cx for a while now, but it was patrick alexander's review (and the fact that the semester's over and i have free time again) that finally made me play it. it's so good, a fictionalized digital history of 8-bit childhood. ninja hagureman is such a good game that i would play it over and over again if it existed entirely on its own. and there are two sequels to it in here?

i've unlocked the fifth game, which means more 8-bit drifting is in front of me before i unlock more ninja action. i will do that tomorrow on the plane.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 69 of 85

Jump to: