The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Relationship Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a tremendously difficult life.

To feel nature screwed the pooch so blatantly in a mismatch between body and psyche... oy.
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes you guys make me feel like a slack-jawed yokel who just came down from living up a mountain. So you and your fiancee want to swap genders? How did you two meet? Why can't you remain happy together in your original genders? Sorry if I sound agog and aghast, I'm just fascinated by the whole thing, and not in a carnival sideshow sort of way LOLLERZ. I have a friend called Gordon Emmanuel who pretty much lived as a woman for a year or two and now he's married to a woman who is the mother of his child, so I never see him :( I'd really like to know about your experiences.
sediment

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we basically do. We met six/seven years ago on a MUD, became fast friends, and played MMOs and other games together for a while during rocky relationships on both our parts. Then I said hey, I really like you, let's try this whole dating thing and here we are.

As for your other question, honestly, we probably are going to remain happy together in our current states. Neither of us is especially happy with gender reassignment as it stands - I mean, I've always been of the "ovaries or nothing" sort of standpoint, which is currently completely impossible.

I will point out that my fiancee just lamented that our relationship cannot be like a photograph she has of Justin Timberlake and a dolphin. I think I'm the dolphin?

Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's Justin Timberlake's relationship to the dolphin?
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what mud did you guys meet on was it gemstone you should post more in the gemstone thread

where did i leave off with eric? did i get to the part where i had to fight him off with a chair so he wouldnt snoop around on my computer (i didnt have aynthing incriminating on it, i just think privacy and trust are very important) and then tried to jump out of a window i think i got to that already didnt i?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sediment

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james harvey: they are obviously meant to be together! I think she may have said this due to my unstable fascination with molluscs, which are not dolphins but nonetheless sealife.

daphny: it was The Tower of Jadri. we were once both builders who got permbanned for no real reason other than asshole ego. she's never played Gemstone much, though we had a stint on DR together.

you didn't tell us that much about Eric, I think?

daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eric was the guy that played gemstone with me, my first real boyfriend

i remember that we had to get jobs because he was living up at my house for a summer
i never moved down with him he had a huge house with a huge family and his mom didnt like me very much because she would see us fighting and get upset
or she would see that i wasnt a good christian girl adn get REALLY upset
anyway so yeah he worked at EB KIDS which was right next to the sanrio store that i worked at for two days
i quit because the sign to the store was just this GIGANTIC HELLO KITTY HEAD nad hte store was TINY and there were glass shelves and hello kitties EVERYWHERE and some woman walked in and asked if we had HELLO KITTY STUFF
and she wasnt fucking joking
i took off my blue button up shirt and threw it on the ground and exclaimed IM OUT OF HERE YOU QUEEERS and walked nextdoor and told eric the good news
he wasnt very happy about it

you see, money was almost always an issue to eric, he was very chivalrous but at hte same time wanted me to give him money always
im like
dude im 16 im taking all AP classes i dont have tim efo ra job at all, i get moneys from my mom sometimes and thats really all i can do
i mean i told you this going in

but he had to buy gas and food and videogames and whatever he bought, god he stressed about money a lot
i remmember one time he punched a huge dent in his car while we were fighting, but the next day someone hit his car and he blamed the dent on them
they gave him 800 dollars to fix the dent and i was like SEE ITS GOOD WHEN WE FIGHHT

god i was so
YOUNG
like when he would get mad and want to talk about it i would clam up and change the subject orjust tell him he was right nad i KNEW that was the wrong thing to do but ive just never been in the kind of situation where WE ARE FIGHTING WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT OUR FEELINGS RIGHT NOW AND WE HAVE TO SOLVE THIS and it was all very overwhelming

hm theres more but im gonna go cuddle with dess
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
baron patsy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daph, at first I thought you were talking about me and I was very, very confused.
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that makes a lot of sense since you were my first love you probably werent even BORN when eric and i were dating
dessgeega
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would she cuddle with you, baron patsy?
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D00DS

I have met a really nice girl on the internet of all places, in the last month or so

We are emailing each other a lot and have both made it pretty obvious we like each other. She is incredibly talented, and beautiful. And funny! With the soul of a poet!

BUT

I was in this position this time last year, too, and I had a year of heartbreak and turmoil. I guess this is my oppotunity to put into practise everything I learned from the mistakes I made last year. YES.
sediment

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey harvey, i met my fiancee on the internuts so in five years you might be living with her and playing halo 5 or whatever in tandem with your newfound awesome and sexy gaming partner

except mine has concluded she hates halo 2 and won't play it with me anymore! thankfully there are many, many other games but halo.

The Great Unwashed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
D00DS

I have met a really nice girl on the internet of all places, in the last month or so

We are emailing each other a lot and have both made it pretty obvious we like each other. She is incredibly talented, and beautiful. And funny! With the soul of a poet!

BUT

I was in this position this time last year, too, and I had a year of heartbreak and turmoil. I guess this is my oppotunity to put into practise everything I learned from the mistakes I made last year. YES.

Do it, man.

I've been in three relationships which started online, and it's led me to the most amazing and beautiful woman on the PLANET. And she's totally MINE.

Online relationships work, you just gotta keep at it, I guess!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in a relationship now that began online, quickly moved to phone, then to plane, and probably eventually to relocation.

it's not always easy, but anything worth anything is worth a struggle.
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so fast, i move so fast!
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sediment wrote:
hey harvey, i met my fiancee on the internuts so in five years you might be living with her and playing halo 5 or whatever in tandem with your newfound awesome and sexy gaming partner

Dude I haven't got an Xbox
sediment

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so play counterstrike or starcraft or bubble bobble or something

everyone's got their game, man

Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this chick is into video games

she's classy
dessgeega

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone who won't play bubble bobble is someone who's not worth dating.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

words to live by, sister.
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually i was really interested in a guy and then we were at an arcade and i wanted to polay bubble bobble with him and hes like i havent heard of bubble bobble (but he claimed to love videogames) and i was like

HAVENT HEARD
OF BUBBLE BOBBLE?!

yeah we never dated i wonder if that was why
sediment

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i must admit i didn't ever play bubble bobble before i played bust-a-move, so having become so hooked on bust-a-move, moving backwards into bubble bobble was somewhat less satisfying.

introduce this woman to bubble bobble first, james harvey, and then hook her on bust-a-move.

extrabastardformula

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Growing up with poor NES ports (Legendof Kage was the only one that came close to satisfying but even it had serious faults) gave me a serious aversion to things Taito. It wasn't until I played Bust a Move years later that I was able to accept that they might make somewhat enjoyable games.

But i've managed to date people who played Squaresoft titles so I'd say those differences are not too deep a chasm to work across.

HTML is ON
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sediment wrote:
introduce this woman to bubble bobble first, james harvey, and then hook her on bust-a-move.

I was going to 'hook her on bust-a-move' anyway, if YA KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN'
aderack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man. Bubble Bobble Live would so kick.
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can imagine it being quite tiring. Also how would they simulate the bubble-blowing?
dessgeega

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the nes port of bubble bobble is actually really good. legend of kage has a lot more edges, but it's not bad either. though yeah, i'll be sticking with the arcade version.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it strange to prefer the NES version? as that's what I grew up with.
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joey im all about the nes v ersion its way better
aderack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveyjames wrote:
I can imagine it being quite tiring. Also how would they simulate the bubble-blowing?

They would use relation shoes*

*only for girls

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: some corrections Reply with quote

there were a few things in your retelling that were inaccurate:

1) You weren't taking AP classes in high school when I was with you. You didn't even go to school at all. A few months after I moved in you started a study program, but it wasn't like you were a regular student and I just wanted you to work so you could give me money. That is a really ridiculous and unfair assertion. I wanted you to have a job so you could afford to do things and buy things without me paying for everything all the time. Basically I was annoyed that you were sitting at home all the time drinking cough syrup with your friends and playing videogames while i had a 40 hour a week job. Money was also an issue because i wanted to move out and your mom made me give her hundreds of dollars a month so i could sleep on the floor at your house.

Also, you weren't 16, you were 17 almost 18 when I moved in.

2) not sure what you're talking about with the dent, there was nothing there until the guy hit me. i later put a dent in my car with my fist but it was when we were at Tisa's house and I definitely didn't use it to commit insurance fraud... lol

3) you "fought me off with a chair" over me "snooping" and it was because you have a great esteem for privacy??? lol... actually, i suspected that you were carrying an online relationship with someone, so yes, i snooped, and yes, there was incriminating evidence such as you and asdf talking about how you could have sex when he got here without me finding out. then you attacked me with a chair when i brought it up... so... yeah.

one last thing (sorry for the late edit):

"dude im 16 im taking all AP classes i dont have tim efo ra job at all, i get moneys from my mom sometimes and thats really all i can do
i mean i told you this going in "

actually, i told you i would only move up with you if you had a job, so besides not telling the truth about your age, taking AP classes or having time for a job, the rest of your statement was false too...

just clarifying a few things, thanks for your time!

Last edited by isentaur on Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:40 pm; edited 6 times in total
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Daph, you sure have a lot of people fighting over you for a MOOSE
helicopterp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, and baby you could sell my dreamcast anytime.

anytime.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s. his handle would be better if it were resentasaur
isentaur

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont resent daphny, just clearing up some issues with her revisionist history - no harm done or meant on either side.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in this light i obviously need to dump her now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't say anything negative about daphny - i just wanted to respond to some untrue things she said in regards to me. i don't really understand why there is a problem or why anyone is offended by this...

There are some weird incongruities between what she wrote and what actually happened, not all were negative - for instance, she told the story about the drunk guy on the couch but the part where I supposedly grabbed the katana she bought be because she liked ninjas and yelled at him was untrue on a few different levels: she never bought me a katana, i didn't grab any kind of weapon when i approached him and i didn't scream at the guy. i turned the light on and asked him what he was doing on our couch and he said "oops..." and left. The next morning he came back for his shoes and acted really embarrassed.

it was a really funny situation and i tell people about it too but i don't see a reason to embellish the truth and this happened in a few of the things she wrote about. Many of them were harmless, the other things I commented on.

I don't really enjoy having my personal life brought up on the internet where people can stumble upon it on accident - especially when there are things that are incorrectly written to make me look bad. The only reason I am here is because a co-worker of mine found her post and asked me about it. I read it and thought I would offer my point of view. I am sorry that this provoked anyone to react negatively.

That is all.
Harveyjames
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that's fine. I wasn't offended. I must say though that this isn't really the forum for this kind of discussion (by which I mean, I can forsee this getting ugly)

We should all probably resolve not to name names when telling these kind of stories in future.
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw i thought he grabbed the katana my memory sucks sorry guys Sad
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: some corrections Reply with quote

holy shit im not going to argue with my ex boyfriend on the internet stupid public forums but hes right, i was 17.
daphaknee
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also yeah i wont name names anymore
sediment

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thus far my visit to Georgia has deftly avoided any encounters with my Bosnian ex.

got my fingers crossed I don't run into her while passing through Atlanta on my way out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: