The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the speedbitch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirkjerk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: the speedbitch Reply with quote

Lately I've been thinking (and prattling on the cognitive and lifeplanning ramifications of) how my friend and I have very different approaches to Tetris Attack/Puzzle League/Panel de Pon. He tries to get better at building up clever combos and chains, I frustrate those efforts with an approach that always favors raw speed and opportunistic smaller cleverness.

I suspect that a true player will balance both speed and smarts, like that gal I saw win the Pokemon Puzzle League Tourney at Philly Classic '03 -- Puzzle League encourages this amazing type of thoughtful-vision enhancement in a way most other block games don't. but I wonder which is the best to emphasize on the more casual levels. (Historically, my speedbitch has had a bit of an edge, and as we've drifted from the game, seems to have stuck around a bit longer.)[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: