The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

treasures of your collection.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ApM
Admin Rockstar
Admin Rockstar

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle is fucking awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ApM
Admin Rockstar
Admin Rockstar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a SpaceOrb 360 at a thrift store for $6. Basically, it's a joystick where, instead of a stick or a d-pad, it has a little ball that you can push around and twist with all six degrees of freedom. It's basically the consumer-grade videogame version of the SpaceTec SpaceBall, which was a high-priced VR / CAD toy that eventually became this stuff. Supposedly it came with the shareware versions of Duke Nukem 3D and Descent II, but the box was missing the CD. The joystick itself had clearly never been removed from the box, though, as it was still twist-tied in there.

I kind of vaguely want to play Descent on it, because man, there is a game that was made to be played with a 6-DOF controller, but really what I want it for is to fuck around in early-90s flat-shaded VR shit which doesn't even support it anyway. Maybe there's some 3D modeling software that supports it? It just shows up in Windows as a joystick with a shitload of axes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Slonie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descent with the spaceball will probably be awesome. Descent is already awesome to begin with, so...
Slonie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for neat stuff I have that people here might find neat:

Outfoxies JAMMA PCB.
Ore no Ryouri for PSX, the most genius game of cookery ever. Please, somebody needs to port it to Wii. (and not Cooking Mama either)
Racing Lagoon for PSX (Just because)

And an impenetrable copy of Policenauts that somebody on #3do gave me for the cost of shipping.
aderack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a real-actual Cocoron cartridge in a random bin in LA.

That's one of my more interesting moments.
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was there and checked all the other fami carts. I couldn't believe we found that.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
ryan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Daggerfall isn't really rare, but at the time it was released it might as well have been a million dollars ( although everything might as well be when you're young and poor), so getting a copy in from SilentMatt has meant a new gem in the collection.
Winged Assassins (1984)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a Vectrex in a store the other day, in a glass cabinet next to a stack of NES games. I'd really like to make that the treasure of my collection but I don't have the $250 to blow on it. Other than the brand new boxed copies of Strife and Noone Can Stop... Mr. Domino I got nothing.

You've all got better junk than I have.
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$250 for a vectrex? In australia? man you can find them cheaper than that on ebay and in cash converters.

i have the vectrex multicart 2.0 Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The limited Mushihimesama (the one with the loli figurine) and the soundtrack (with the other figurine). I got the first at Super Potato for about $40 after asking if they had a copy (it was not on display), and the other I bought on sale online for cheap.

Shoot the Bullet and Phantasmagoria of the Flower View picked up for something like $10 each at random A/V stores.

A Hori Real Arcade Pro 2 modded with Seimitsu stick (bubble ball top) and Sanwa buttons.

The pre-order stuff that came with Portrait of Ruin still sealed because I never got around to selling it on eBay for more than I paid for the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: