The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i've got my spine i've got my orange box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Six

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those need some serious bannering, stat.

Also, that machinima was fantastic.
Tim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
shaper sent me this amazing piece of team fortress 2 machinima about our new favorite character, the pyro.

There's been some speculation regarding the Pyro's locker. There's a pink purse in there. With a flower.

The Demoman is Scottish. Interesting!

I like that each video plays up the strengths of each class and makes them look cool to use.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH GOD GUYS, IT'S SITTING RIGHT HERE BUT I HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO.

Also, i don't know whether to play this or Portal first.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
dessgeega
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey matt, guess what i got.

hint: it is in an orange box.
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH SHIIIIITTTTTTTTTT

Scratchmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has that pleasant new-plastic-thing-smell.
The Great Unwashed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressions so far: Episode 2 is incredible. It's still a bit linear right now but I'm about to hit the outside areas so it should pick up. In the meantime the AI is better than ever, everything is drop-dead gorgeous, and the cinematic physics will make you cry.

Portal is similarly amazing, but totally short: I played for like an hour and got up to level 18 of 19. I know that harder versions of the levels are unlocked once you beat it, and I don't mind really as I'm having mad fun, but still, aww.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

episode 2 is making me cranky. i don't know how to do spoiler text, and have to finish some homework, but once it's ok to talk about it, i'd like to.

portal is gorgeous, i am giggling at the game, and i'm glad that they didn't simply port narbacular drop, which i was a-fearin'. i also totally had an epiphany about the conservation of momentum, which has got to be a Memorable Moment of a different color.

oh, and TF2 rocks, although i plays that shit PC stylee so i don't know when i could see you guys? i am srsly a good medic though (i saw mad dudes through the head without letting my heavies drop too low, yadadamean?)
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By default TF2's settings are all too long if you have well balanced teams. We played Hydro last night for just a 1 round win and it still took us the full 45 min into sudden death to win. The lesser team won just because of the Sudden Death situation (they had at least twice the kills we did).

Anyways, I have a feeling that this game is going to be broken fairly soon. Demomen seem over powered after we ran across one guy last night who was basically getting one hit kills with the grenade launcher. It was incredibly frustrating. Pyro may be my favorite class.

Also, Portal is an amazing game. Short, great level design, fantastic puzzles, and amazingly well acted and written for something that doesn't seem like writing is going to even play a role.

I'll get around to HL2 soon enough. My goal is to play through HL2, then ep.1, then ep.2 because I've only played HL2, none of the episodes. And I've been looking for an excuse to play HL2 again.

Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TF2: Can anyone explain if there's rank in social games? It doesn't feel like there is because you can just pick anything from the list. I didn't mess around much with ranked, but if you can party up I may start working on ranked just so that I don't run into people who completely outclass me/the team.

The Great Unwashed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, I really enjoy those drawn-out matches where everything goes back and forth a dozen times. I love the tension of it all.

And seriously, I know what you're going through, but the Demoman isn't overpowered. He's pretty fragile and can easily be put down from a distance or even up close with a good shotgun spray. I can't count the number of times as an Engineer I've had a Demoman lobbing grenades around the corner at my turretnest, and I've been able to round the corner once he fired his clip and just one-hit him in the head with a shotgun for surprise killz.

That said, it's possible they may not have scaled back the Demoman 'nades like they did on the PC version - they recognised early that having grenades explode on contact was a bit op, so they changed it so it will only explode if it hasn't bounced yet [here]. If it bounces at least once it loses that ability. And even then a Heavy or anyone with a Medic backing them up will usually be okay. The Demoman's meant to be nuts on defence, and I think he plays that role fairly well - I've certainly never seen any sign of his being overpowered, though there have been times when fighting a trio of really competent Demoman that I've wished they'd just fuck off because our team isn't getting anywhere.

Also, there is no ranking on the PC version at least, don't know about tree siddy version. I think it's like everything, sometimes you get partnered with morons, sometimes you don't. It's important to change classes as and when it's needed to compensate for this - morons who sit on one class the whole map when the team clearly needs X are just annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So hey doublepost let's talk about The Orange Box.

I'd like to start by talking about Portal. I think we can all agree that Portal is disappointingly short - but by the same token I think we can all agree that what it delivers is nothing short of amazing. It's funny, it's creepy, it's beautifully mind-bending. For such a short game with such small, discrete sections it's got an amazing atmosphere and the incredibly tight art direction really helps. The difficulty curve is so smoothly constructed that the puzzles progress incredibly easily and you always feel challenged but never stymied, and always driven and never bored.

The portal mechanic itself works beautifully, and your awkward initial attempts to clip through Euclidean space will quickly give way to an almost casual, dismissive mastery over the nature of distance. By the end of it you really are learning to think with portals, intuitively, and without realising it you will be looking at things completely differently. What you would previously have perceived as an impossible obstacle clicks into place and two portals later you're laughing. It's a gorgeous progression and something you won't really runderstand until you're launching yourself 300 feet into the air and you suddenly realise you didn't even think twice about it.

I really can't stress the atmosphere of the game enough - the delightfully quirky, creepy and endearing voice of GLaDOS will have you giggling as you worry about what she's going to throw at you next, and the slick artwork will lead your eye to all the right places, including the grimy underbelly of this austere testing facility, replete with manic graffiti (THE CAKE IS A LIE) and weighted companion-cube devotional posters. I love this game, and I wholeheartedly encourage everyone to play it. I can't wait to see more map packs, or see what direction they could take multiplayer. It's a tiny game for sure, only 3-4 hours long, but damn does it set the bar high.

Episode 2 I can't quite make up my mind yet, because it remains unfinished - but it's safe to say the only thing I'll have to make up my mind between is whether it was fucking incredible or just merely amazing. I'm just about to go head-to-head with a Myrmidont and all I have to back me up is small arms fire, and my Vortigaunt sidekick has told me I shouldn't kill it because, well.. y'know. SPOILARZ.

Visually, and cinematically, Episode 2 is shaping up incredibly. Right from the opening we get hit full in the balls with just how much love Valve has slathered all over this game - standing on the outcropping, overlooking the blasted Citadel from Episode 1, there is a blinding flash of light and then a shockwave blasts across the ground towards us, ripping dirt into the sky in punishing waves and washing over us. Then we turn around and watch this metal arch bridge get torn apart by the force of the blast, metal twisting and tearing in the sky. It's incredible and it only gets better from there. I can't wait to see where it goes.

In conclusion, buy it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i played through portal yesterday. i like it a lot, though i like it much more after it breaks out of the lab settings. the "boss" reminds me of ico in that it's actually a clever puzzle that relies on a clear understanding of the game's mechanics. the script might actually be the strongest part of the game, despite starting fairly trite.

right now i'm playing episode one. i like that you start as the invincible gravity gordon from the last act of half-life 2, and then have to recover your old weapons one by one. and walking up into the plaza and seeing someone else's face on the monitor does a lot to change the tone. but what set the tone of the original game best was the couple comforting each other on the couch. here they're joking, expressing their frustrations, and flirting. you witness this through the floorboards a floor up. it's great.

team fortress 2 is fabulous. i like to be a spy. i like to sneak up on people and stab them. i also like to be a sniper, and shoot people with a sniper rifle. i like to play team fortress 2 with all my friends.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also: i like that there's now a button to toggle between the gravity gun and the current weapon, and running is now press-and-hold instead of tap-and-untap.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those were in the PC version. Some things must have been lost in translation with the Xbox port.
The Great Unwashed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the PC version has always had a gravity gun key. It's "G" in fact. (Quick bind it to those little buttons on the side of your mouse for mad speed advantage during Half-Life 2 Deathmatches!)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
dessgeega wrote:
they wanted each character to have a distinctly-shaped silhouette that could be recognized from afar.

This reminds me of Matt Groening. When ever he designed a new character for the Simpsons or Futurama he wanted to make sure each one could be identified by their unique silhouette.

This is a good design choice.

thats the first thing they teach you in character design class.
its so great to see it applied so brilliantly to a videogame like this.
it was about time.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Great Unwashed wrote:
I think we can all agree that Portal is disappointingly short

I'm not disapointed at all. Honestly as I was saying yesterday, the game really just lends itself to replay. The mechanics and layout beckon to be revisited.

Dracko

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A short game can be a great thing, lads!
aerisdead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always found:

shorter game

=

higher quality content
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerisdead wrote:
I have always found:

shorter game = higher quality content

As a general rule of thumb, yes.

Also, I've spent the last three and a half hours playing HL2 and it still stands up shockingly well. It's probably better than any other single player experience on the 360 right now (with the possible exception of Dead Rising tying it). Also, I'm surprised at how much better it looks on the 360 than the Xbox. I just expected it to look like a very clean version of the game, but the texture detail is on par if not better in certain areas than other games on the 360. The draw distance also adds a lot to the game: I missed how much the citadel was in the game's background with th eXboxks version. Also, I forgot how good the sound is. Little details like the sound dampening when you get too close to an explosion, and the spacial surround. It was good in the Xbox version, but they did something to tweak the surround sound for the 360 version that makes it seem more balanced all around.

Anyways, just wanting to chime in and say that HL2 is still absolutely fantastic!

aerisdead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny, because the one thing I felt about HL2 is that there is no point of that game that is paced correctly. I was never left "wanting more." Each segment seems to go on for fucking ever. Case point: stuff like Water Hazard - by the middle of it I was asking - will this ever end? Even though at the beginning I was loving it. That game needed to be tighter, but it's still pretty okay. Interested to try it on 360 - I played it on PC.
The Great Unwashed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
The Great Unwashed wrote:
I think we can all agree that Portal is disappointingly short

I'm not disapointed at all. Honestly as I was saying yesterday, the game really just lends itself to replay. The mechanics and layout beckon to be revisited.

Oh, I fully agree. I've been having mad fun hitting up the advanced maps (fucking level 16, how do you beat this thing), I just... I dunno, 19 levels, a good 12 of which are dedicated to tutorial-style introductions in which your abilities are hampered, I just wanted... well, more. The game is delightfully replayable, but replayability is never as good as new, fresh content. I'm not disappointed with the game in any way, and I think it's an amazing piece of work - and I'm stupidly jealous of the Narbacular Drop kiddies who got hired right out of their course - it's just what they've done is so good, so delicious, so moist, that I want more.

It's really only around level 13 that you start being really challenged, and that does kind of limit the replayability, no matter how many kooky advanced maps they put in. I can't wait to see what new content they release. Map packs, a sequel, multiplayer... it's going to be a bright, Euclidean future.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerisdead wrote:
Each segment seems to go on for fucking ever.

yes. this is the biggest problem with the game, and even the fairly short episodes aren't immune. (hello citizen escort mission.)

i finished episode one and am playing episode two, by the way. they feel almost entirely like padding. the original game had three guns and four enemies, and did pretty much everything it could with them. that leaves the episodes with little more to do than to do the same things again. only this time you fight two giant bugs instead of one, etc.

and you fix a lot of elevators. while your friends stand around watching you. gordon's mit education paying off again, i guess.
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish wrote:
Shapermc wrote:
dessgeega wrote:
they wanted each character to have a distinctly-shaped silhouette that could be recognized from afar.

This reminds me of Matt Groening. When ever he designed a new character for the Simpsons or Futurama he wanted to make sure each one could be identified by their unique silhouette.

This is a good design choice.

thats the first thing they teach you in character design class.
its so great to see it applied so brilliantly to a videogame like this.
it was about time.

Well, a lot of videogames do this, you just don't always notice it. Nintendo are pretty good for character design- all the characters in Mario Kart are instantly 'readable'. On the other hand, Diddy Kong Racing's characters just whizz past in a confusing blur of identikit dumb little animals.

I was mucking about with this stuff the other day. I found you can make your character designs really solid if you disguise common shapes and symbols in their profiles.

I should probably have hung onto that as some kind of trade secret, but, you know, I'm generous like that.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am liking episode 2 thus far quite a bit. boom boom boom boom boom boom boom it's fast.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are some good moments and some frustrating moments, but fighting hunters (a new enemy) gets exasperating by the end.

more thoughts on the orange box: i like how all of the background scenes on the game title screens change once the games have been completed. and i'm glad valve finally got to give the xbox half-life 2 their original, understated title screen instead of that terrible picture of gordon looking gruff and alyx looking distressed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! I liked Portal enough to buy it solo for PC in addition to my 360 Orange Box bundle. I just wanted to recommend you play through with developer commentary enabled if you haven't already. I am looking forward to playing online with you guys, although since I totaled my car on Thursday I've been staying with my parents, which means it may be a week or so before I see my 360 again.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after playing through portal again to get it all fresh in my mind and pick up on things i might have missed the first time, i'm now playing through another time (i do not understand how people can complain about games being short) with the developer commentary. it's good, and confirms a few of my suspicions (including the choice of allowing the player to see herself through a portal in the first room). if i'm feeling nuts i might even replay the half-life 2 episodes to hear the commentary.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've started replaying half-life 2. i'm not sure how much of it i'll end up playing, because i find many parts of the game tedious and frustrating. it does fix the shortcomings of the xbox version. i like that there are two different achievements depending on how you react to the cop who asks you to put the can in the trash. i chucked it at his head and got the DEFIANT achievement (and beaten with a baton). my slut got SUBMISSIVE instead, which we both found hillarious.

many of the achievements for half-life 2 and the episodes, though, are unlocked by completing actions you must perform in order to finish the game. which seems silly and needless to me: why not just award a single achievement for completing the game? especially since they're as short as they are. incidentally, why does the achievement for finishing episode 2 have the marathon logo on it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALSO i keep wanting the last line of "still alive" to be "i'm rampant and i'm still alive".
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be close to plagerism dess and would not be cool.

i still think portal will dissapoint the hell out of me.

i started downloading it to find out but had to review Sega Rally instead.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

portal is a great game and you have dumb nerdy prejudices.
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i don't!

i mean i wanted a game with LOTS OF CHALLENGING LEVELS and stuff like a first person loderunner, i didn't care about no story.

sounds like most of their effort went to making toilets talk to you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretend the talking toilet is durandal.

also actually play the game.
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't want every game to be marathon ok also i like other games too!

i don't want to comment on portal more until i play it though. WHICH MAY NOT BE FOR A COUPLE DAYS.

i should just buy orange box since i'm missing out on the tf2 party apparently.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cycle you need to play team fortress 2 with us on the xbox. this is an official friend mandate.
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

achievements are officially lame.

by decree of me.

no, really though - whose fucking idea was that? is there any way to disable them? (if so and it's easy then i'm a dumbass)

talk about your immersion-breaking tack-ons.

as for the hunters, yeah the explodey bullets suck but i like how they run and i had a lot of fun sprinting about screaming "EAT TIRE"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Portal and all, but am I the only one that thinks this Portal craze is a little too much? It's a great game and all, and I loved it, but people are praising the hell out of this game like it's the greatest PC game of the last ten years. One of my friends is completely obsessed about it, he says that Portal may be the best game he's ever played.

So, have recent games really been so bad that they make Portal look like the god of games, or is this just some big internet joke that I missed out on?

Also: If you get the Orange Box on PS3 or 360, I'm assuming there's no Steam to go with it? Meaning no Steam friends, or communities? Cause I'd like to get in on some Gamer's Quarter Orange Box action.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have the xbox version of the orange box, you get to play with team post games journalism.

as for portal, it's a well-made, polished game with a pretty neat hook, a great script and fine acting. what isn't to like?
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerisdead wrote:
Each segment seems to go on for fucking ever. Case point: stuff like Water Hazard - by the middle of it I was asking - will this ever end? Even though at the beginning I was loving it. That game needed to be tighter, but it's still pretty okay. Interested to try it on 360 - I played it on PC.

While I agree with you on Water Hazard (that’s my least favorite part of the game, and I kind of forgot about it by my second playthrough) everything else I’ve come across in the game seems very brief compared to my first play through. It could be because I know and expect what’s coming up most of the time, but I’m playing it on Hard this time and things seem much shorter.
dessgeega wrote:
many of the achievements for half-life 2 and the episodes, though, are unlocked by completing actions you must perform in order to finish the game.

I got something like "OSHA Violation" on HL2 which was fantastic. Same with "Bone Crusher" although I imagine most people get that one anyways (hint: it involves saw blades).
dhex wrote:
achievements are officially lame.

by decree of me.

no, really though - whose fucking idea was that? is there any way to disable them? (if so and it's easy then i'm a dumbass)

talk about your immersion-breaking tack-ons.

Valve kind of missed the point of achievements. I mean, they did the “tally up and get!” type achievements only for the PC (they’re still on the console versions, like I have 22 of 45 lambda points). The best ones are the ones you don’t expect and you get for kind of having fun, or ones that you wouldn’t normally try to get (like Zombie Genocider for Dead Rising which involves killing the town’s population worth of Zombies, but even that doesn’t keep tally with a little screen). On the 360 you can turn off all alerts and that will take care of the Achievement shit popping up (also it will cut off any communications to you though, and vice versa). Valve still got it a bit better for the 360 though: see above.
Pink Teddy Bear wrote:
I liked Portal and all, but am I the only one that thinks this Portal craze is a little too much? It's a great game and all, and I loved it, but people are praising the hell out of this game like it's the greatest PC game of the last ten years. One of my friends is completely obsessed about it, he says that Portal may be the best game he's ever played.

Well, it’s really fantastic honestly. I mean, it’s a puzzle game with just enough story to make it not seem hollow. On top of that it actually messes with my head a little, something that hasn’t happen since very high points on Super Mario 64 (and well, technically HL2’s bridge did something similar to me). It is good and one of the better games in the last ten years. Most games fail in at least one regard, but Portal does everything it sets out to do, and does it really well. I guess that you’re just not that interested in it? I mean, sure it’s not the best game ever made in the world, I’ll give you that. But so little is. Also, there’s no accounting for taste Sad
Pink Teddy Bear wrote:
Also: If you get the Orange Box on PS3 or 360, I'm assuming there's no Steam to go with it? Meaning no Steam friends, or communities? Cause I'd like to get in on some Gamer's Quarter Orange Box action.

Well, both the 360 and PS3 have their own Steam-like communities and we have our own friends list (though I have 98 on my 360 and only 4 on my PS3). So really, you’re catching up to consoles when it comes to that (though in reference to the PS3, Steam is probably better, and it sounds like it’s about the same as the 360).

Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a really long drive last night I just wanted to relax a bit and really wanted to get back into HL2. I was just past Water Hazard (my least favorite section) and was ready to revisit Ravenholm to see how it holds up. All I have to say about that is, well, there’s not that much tension after you know all the tricks of the city. The Father is still a brilliant character though, and I had a lot more fun with the section than previously. Even though I’m going through this play-through on hard I think I died a lot more on normal my first time through. I got up to the bridge last night before I saved. I love the bridge. I guess I’m stuck watching movies and working on the magazine tonight though, so no progress and no TF2 :(

dessgeega

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:(
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
:(

Ok, so, I wrote so much I don't know what this is in reference to.

Also, you can just click the little "Disable Smilies in this post box" when you're replying, you don't have to fake the smile.

dessgeega

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the gamer's quarter
you don't have to fake the smile

i'm saddened because i will not be playing team fortress 2 with you, cherished friend and comrade.
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't like puzzle games and even i liked portal enough to finish it.

considering i hosed on the concept/packaging pretty hard, i would say that's a pretty decent endorsement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal opinions of the over-hypocity (That should totally be a word) of the game aside, I gotta say, the ending theme to Portal truly is one of the greatest songs ever to grace my ears. It gets me in a good mood every time I listen to it.
The Great Unwashed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finished Episode 2 last night, and damn. Damn. Dunno how to talk about it without spoilarz though, so I won't.

Interested parties can find the soundtrack to Portal (with bonus sound files, and including the credits song) at this location.

Also I uploaded some Team Fortresss 2 taunts and stuff, I guess.
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that portal is the only game i've ever beaten in one sitting.
I didnt even play through invader in one sitting! no attention span!
but portal man, portal got me hooked. When i was done with it i ALMOST immediately went to play again with the commentary on (like i do for great movies) but something came up

its that good, cycle

ps - harveyjames -- i really want to see one of those everyday shape characters but i want the shape to be a DONG. thats a really recognizable shape so do it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can play through a puzzle game in one sitting, it can't be a very good puzzle game!

Same with people like dhex hating puzzle games actually liking this one!

Is it even a puzzle game! I'm not even sure anymore!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: