The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

panel de puzzle league friend code thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dessgeega
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: panel de puzzle league friend code thread Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a week. I will play you so hard.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend, i will give you that week.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it made it to stores here yet? I tried to get it on Monday, which was the proposed release date, but they didn't have it in. Also, the Gamestop employee straight-up lied to me, but that's a different matter altogether.
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

helicopterp wrote:
Also, the Gamestop employee straight-up lied to me, but that's a different matter altogether.

Tell the story! I love that shit.

Also: Is this game worth buying if I already own Tetris Attack, Pokemon Puzzle League, Nintendo Puzzle collection and Dr. Mario/Puzzle League?

-Wes
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has wi-fi.

Dess, hopefully we can figure out how to play each other this time!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
helicopterp wrote:
Also, the Gamestop employee straight-up lied to me, but that's a different matter altogether.

Tell the story! I love that shit.

I went to my regular Gamestop on Monday to trade in Odin Sphere (which, I have determined, just isn't very good despite its looks) and buy Planet Puzzle League, which had a purported release date of 6/4/07 (4.6.07 for you Europeans). I usually go to this particular Gamestop because I am on familiar terms with two of their employees. They're helpful, they like to talk about games, and they know my name. All of that makes a difference to me as a customer because there are 5 stores at roughly equal distances from where I live. Neither Rory nor Becky were working, though. One of the guys working was recently hired, but the other had been around for a while. It was the latter whom I asked about Planet Puzzle League because I didn't immediately see it on the shelf. His response was: "Planet Puzzle League...well...I haven't seen it. [Here, he adopts the tone of voice indicating that I am an idiot.] You see, games have specific release dates, we call them street dates, and Planet Puzzle League's street date hasn't occurred yet." Okay, I understand that he doesn't know that, unlike most of his customers, I already know all that, so I can forgive his jerkiness a little bit. Nevertheless, I stare at him a little longer because I expect him to tell me when that street date actually is, because I expect that I have exuded the message that I want to spend money on a specific product, specifically at his store. He never told me, though. He just asked me if I wanted to pre-order Halo 3. So I milled around for a little while to see if they had anything used that I wanted. When I finally left, I went to the other employee, the new one, who had overheard our conversation earlier. I asked him, "so, when does Planet Puzzle League come out?" He pulled out his notebook full of upcoming releases and looked for it for a minute before telling me, "June fourth." I replied, "So...today." And then the smile kind of fell from his face and he said, "I guess so."

Look, if Nintendo hasn't given you the game, or if it just isn't in the store, tell that to me! Don't lie to me, tell me that I'm wrong, and treat me as though I am a complete idiot! I am a virtually guaranteed sale for you! How in the world have you not lost your job for treating people that way?!?

It just blows my mind.
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man if that were me, i'd be all like yo wtf UHN and thrown tables over and shit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a Master P 'UHN,' right? Because I'll do it.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've got the game and have already spent a few hours with it. Just haven't been online yet. I'll actually have a friend code for everybody (or just Dessgeega or whatever) tomorrow.

I think if I had to pick a favorite genre and if there were a genre called Meteos/PuzzleLeague, then that would be my favorite genre.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to get in on this.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

added to my friend roster of one.

pm me if you want to panel some pons!
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the menus looked nicer in the jap version.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes; in the japanese, the menus are blue on an austure, casual-games white. in the american, they're matrix-green on black. it's a strange choice - maybe they expect that more "serious" than "casual" players will be interested in the game in the west - but not a terribly consequential one. otherwise i havn't noted any different between the american and japanese versions (other than language).

the voice chat isn't very good, and neither is cycle's connection. wireless play works pretty well - closer to tetris than to mario kart, which remains the worst implementation of wifi i've encountered. maybe it was an isolated case?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the off chance that anyone will actually be on at the same time as me.
Crazy Bacon Lips

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have the game, but none of my wireless access points work. This is dumb. At least I will have time to practice.

Also, I wish I could add your names so that I would know who I was playing. I suppose I could just ask though.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nintendowifi.com/hotspots/searchHotSpot.do

These tend to work pretty well. Pulling out a DS in McDonald's might not be your thing, but it's not so bad, and you can buy a cup of coffee or something.
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys i totally just beat dess in a match

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes!

it annoys me that there seems to be no way to turn on "exploding lift" - adding more tiles while matched ones are clearing - in an online game. it makes the game a lot slower and chains a lot harder, especially since i'm used to it being on in the single-player game.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H:12
D:10

Some of the matches were really good. Others I lost within the first 30 seconds. For the good ones, though, I wish it would record the movies like it does for the single player time attacks.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the items (optional!) are off the hook.

also i discovered that you can adjust the volume of the voice chat, which explains why cycle sounded so muffled when i played him. or else he was talking through a cat.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been very busy this week, so my only gaming whatsoever has been my daily plays in this game (like brain training) and brief stints of birthday battling online. There's a problem with the non-friend online play: where are the items? I can't understand why you don't have the option to turn them on or off like you do in matches with friends. Also, I have yet to figure out the rankings system. I am the only person listed every time I try to check up on them.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS- CrazyBaconLips, did you get a friend code yet?
table_and_chair

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: friendless Reply with quote

I have a question: Is this thread about sharing one's friend code with the good folks at gamer's quarter? May be obvious, but previously my code has been deleted, i suppose, at the behest of the mods, with whom i have no affiliation. Is that a common occurance? I notice a disturbing lack of friend code sharing in dessgeega's tetris friend-code thread, for instance.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, i deleted it because i assumed you were one of those kids who inevitably descends on the forum whenever someone posts a friend code thread to troll for codes despite having never participated in the community before or interacted with any of the posters you expect to add you.

was i mistaken?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, well, I would like to begin. You are right -it doesn't make a lick of sense to start with an errant friend code list, nonetheless I do not appreciate necessarily having to add extraneous information and/or observations in the oft-chance that my message from earth be not deleted; however them ARE the breaks, apparently. I registered at Wii-philes, too, unfortunately that service doesn't seem to be very active. Maybe we should talk about that.

How would I characterize myself...hmm...how about, the person who would like to play panel de pon with some thoughtful, intelligent people.

Now that we have been properly introduced,
XOXO
jeremy

P.S.
I am actually thoroughly enjoying Picross DS at the moment, and here is my friend code for that:

Six

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pretty okay at Tetris Attack once upon a time, but these days I'll probably go down without much of a fight. Drop me a PM!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: