The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a quick question (feel free to ask other questions!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: a quick question (feel free to ask other questions!) Reply with quote

i seem to be seeing a lot of people on xbox live with custom gamer pictures. exactly how does one go about using one of those? i've heard the only way to do it is by photographing something with that stupid webcam, which sounds really silly (and most of the custom pics i've seen have not been photographs.)

SO YES, how do i do this?
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: a quick question (feel free to ask other questions!) Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
i've heard the only way to do it is by photographing something with that stupid webcam, which sounds really silly (and most of the custom pics i've seen have not been photographs.)

Yup! Also, don't forget that you can get gamer pics that aren't just games. Some are from movies and misc. promotions (like Axe bodyspray). Other people just take pictures of custom images. I borrowed Wes' camera to take my pic. That damn camera is not worth $5 though, so yeah it sucks.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Joe

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah. i was wanting to use my avatar, but i suppose i'll just stick with lumines guy.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought there might also be options to people with media center PCs, but since I lack one of those I didn't investigate further.
B coma

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the ship from Galaga as my gamer pic, but so do a million other folks because it's a freebie Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: