The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I just got bit by a fucking pit bull!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: I just got bit by a fucking pit bull! Reply with quote

---------------------- 11:39 pm ----------------------
wesleyte: Hey!
pointsbutnomoney: hey!
wesleyte: I just got bit by a pit bull!
wesleyte: In in the emergency room!
pointsbutnomoney: oh no!
wesleyte: I'm not joking!
pointsbutnomoney: the pit bull was in the emergency room?!?!
wesleyte: And I'm kind of bored
wesleyte: No
wesleyte: Back yard
wesleyte: And he fucking bit my thumb!
wesleyte: Left
pointsbutnomoney: so are you in one piece?
wesleyte: And my write hand all over!
pointsbutnomoney: yikes
wesleyte: He attacked my dog so I ran out and kicked his ass
pointsbutnomoney: it was the honorable thing to do
wesleyte: My girl is helping out my dog now
wesleyte: So that's good
pointsbutnomoney: is your dog okay?
wesleyte: I think so!
pointsbutnomoney: that's good
wesleyte: She seemed better than last time
wesleyte: This is time #3
pointsbutnomoney: you should work on your karma!
wesleyte: Ha
wesleyte: Yup!
wesleyte: Fuck you!
wesleyte: Ouch!
pointsbutnomoney: Sad
wesleyte: Heh

More to come as it develops!

-Wes

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:o

whose pit bull is this?
SuperWes

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a_plus wrote:
Surprised

whose pit bull is this?

The upstars neighbor.

I'm still in the emergency room! Not even in the room. The waiting room. Fuck!

-Wes
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah! Are you finally going to call animal control this time? That's ridiculous.

Man, Popper’s going to be even more irritating now :(

Hope you both turn out ok in the end!

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit! That's terrible. Waitaminute—your thumb? Oh man, that's really, really terrible.

Hope you're okay.
chompers po pable

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn wes, that's hardcore. i probably would've used a bat, though that could lead to court dates etc. hope it turns out alright.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Woah! Are you finally going to call animal control this time?

this has happened before?

edit: obligatory "pit bull isn't actually a breed description but a trait description and they're by and large incredibly well behaved animals that just happen to be really fucking strong and require a fuckload of exercise that new owners or the incredibly stupid don't often give them."
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhex wrote:
Quote:
Woah! Are you finally going to call animal control this time?

this has happened before?

edit: obligatory "pit bull isn't actually a breed description but a trait description and they're by and large incredibly well behaved animals that just happen to be really fucking strong and require a fuckload of exercise that new owners or the incredibly stupid don't often give them."

Don't think I'm a pit hater or anything. I completly blame the oweners of these dogs. Yes, that's the second time there was an attack on him that resulted in a physical injury (third in general). I mean, Pitbulls are basically Lennie from Of Mice and Men: they don't always mean harm but their big dumb brutes. One of the most happy/playful/awesome dogs I ever met was a pit, but it also had like 2 acres of land to run in and an owner who would spend a lot of spare time with him.

SuperWes

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the breed, it's just this dog seems to really not like other dogs (my dog in particular). I'm making a web page now with all of the gruesome details.

-Wes

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

-Wes
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh why didn't you call animal control last year?

if that dog up and bit someone between the 2006 attack and now, i'd feel like it were on my head at least partially.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes, that is awful. Your dog looks so painfully resigned in those last shots. And the upstairs pit nearly got to your nipple rings, I see.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhex wrote:
uh why didn't you call animal control last year?

if that dog up and bit someone between the 2006 attack and now, i'd feel like it were on my head at least partially.

Because he's a softie. It was recomended to him by other people that he should.

dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but these folks obviously can't control the dog or they didn't train it properly. or both.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhex wrote:
but these folks obviously can't control the dog or they didn't train it properly. or both.

Hey man, something's being done this time. I'm not sure what yet, but something is.

-Wes
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope so.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their dog is now gone. There's a good story behind it, but I need to go sit with my dog. I updated the web site with a few more pictures. Don't look at it if you've got a weak stomach.

-Wes

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I just wrote a little story. I'll edit it later.

-Wes

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
Their dog is now gone.

Was it tested for rabies?

I was almost biten by a rabid cat back in the 3rd or 4th grade. While it didn't break my skin, I was given injections just in case.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
I updated the web site with a few more pictures.

Holy cow! Popper looks really terrible!

dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They said that their dog didn't deal well with muzzles, but that they would always be out with her, and try to keep a leash on her. They also mentioned that it might take a while to pay us back because they had both recently lost their jobs, and we told them to take all of the time they needed, but to make sure it never happened again.

as you now know, this was your cue to call animal control. i've seen enough episodes of cops/divorce court to know where this was headed.

at least no one was permanently injured.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pitbulls, sheesh. I understand that Pitbulls are a really tough dog, and are excellent fighters and all that. But I imagine its mostly the owner that unleashes that ability in the dog. Everyone I have ever seen that has a Pitbull (usually two for some reason) are the type of people who have them because "This dog is fuckin' tough!", and because of that they make it into this whole schtick of having "Beware of Dog" signs and crap. They train it to be violent whenever a stranger even comes near their house, like its a great security system. Pitbulls are dumb because 90% of the people who have them are dumb.
SuperWes

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonMarco wrote:
SuperWes wrote:
Their dog is now gone.

Was it tested for rabies?

I was almost biten by a rabid cat back in the 3rd or 4th grade. While it didn't break my skin, I was given injections just in case.

That's where the story comes in. We called Animal Control on Wednesday afternoon, and on Friday morning they came out to check on us. We showed him our dog and I mentioned that she might have bitten me during the fight. They put Popper on home Quarantine, meaning that she can't leave the house (except to go to the vet) for 10 days. The neighbor wasn't home, but they left a note telling them that if they didn't call within 24 hours they would be subject to jurisdiction. We got a call from our landlady later on Friday telling us that the dog was now out of the house. On Friday night at around 11:00 we took Popper out in the front yard, and their dog ran down the front stairs and started going nuts at the front door. Christina and I flipped out, wondering why their dog was still at home when all of the signs said it should have been gone.

We called Animal Control on Saturday morning and found out that they were told the dog was going to be brought in on Friday, but never showed up. We then called our landlady, who proceeded to call them and leave a message saying that if the dog was still there she would call 911 and get the dog taken away from her property. They called back a few hours later and told her that the dog was gone. I went out on the front porch and coughed a few times, trying to get their dog's attention. It didn't make a noise, so it must have been either gone or in a cage.

About a half an hour later we heard the neighbor rush inside and up the stairs. We listened really closely and thought we heard the sounds of four feet quickly shuffling around. We called our landlady again to let her know we thought the dog was still there and that they were rushing to get it out of the house. Around 10 minutes later our suspicions were confirmed, and both of the neighbors were taking the dog into their car with a bag full of groceries (probably dog food). Less than 15 minutes after that they had returned dogless. I'm almost 100% sure they dropped the dog off at her parents house, which is apparently just a few blocks away.

So here's the sticky situation. I don't think they ever took the dog to Animal Control. This leaves me wondering what's going to happen today. Our dog is still under quarantine, and she's currently at the vet getting the enormous gash on her side sewed up while I sit at work worrying. I'm thinking Animal Control is going to call them in a bit and ask them what happened with their dog being brought in. They're probably going to have to go get the dog from their parents house and take it in to be quarantined. If Animal Control finds their dog to be unsafe I'm sure it will be put down. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it won't be found to be unsafe since it only really has issues with other dogs. I'll be happy either way though, as long as they get to feel what it's like to have no idea whether their dog is going to live or die.

-Wes
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wes: i'm deeply sorry your neighbors are scumfuck trash. let us pray for horrors to be unleashed upon them when you are not at home. (i pray to germanic warrior jesus when he's not busy cleansing the land of pagans)

also, the dog has attacked people, which may be a state by state, county by county thing, but in ny that's pretty much that.

final thought: leave them voicemail messages with a recording of "how much is that doggy in the window." creepy, right?

Quote:
But I imagine its mostly the owner that unleashes that ability in the dog.

not really. you have to remember that pit bull isn't a breed of dog, but rather a cluster of traits that we assign to three different breeds. the main thing is that they're incredibly high energy dogs and they're also tremendously strong compared to other breeds their size.

my sister's a vet and she lived with a pit bull, a boxer (now those are hilarious dogs!) and a shepherd/labrador mix. everyone got along fine despite having been raised by different owners, but...and the key difference here is huge - it took a tremendous amount of work and discipline. pit bulls are like any other large dog in that they require lots of exercise, but they have to be exercised a lot more to avoid being bored. bored = prey instinct pops forward. they also have to be disciplined a lot when they're young so they develop good habits.

the amount of work that the pits require is beyond the skills of most owners, especially if they want a "tuff dog." they're clearly not thinking straight, especially in an urban environment. you have to run the damn things an hour to two hours a day, ideally. (so pits in a huge back yard would be very happy dogs)
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes, I recommend calling non-emergency police and finding out what the rules are under these circumstances. They could be up for some kind of police action for not following through with these things (but I honestly have no idea). I recommend calling and getting the skinny.

simplicio

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I hope you and Popper both recover quickly! Sorry to hear all this shitty news.

But yeah, do follow this up with the cops; animal control sounds like a bunch of pushovers in your area.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from my sister the vet (speaking of which if anyone needs a vet in the jersey city area, go to her!)

Quote:
he absolutely should have called the police and animal control after the first time. i'm sure its different state to state, but if anything, i feel like ny would be more strict than nj. even if they didnt remove the dog they would have investigated and required stuff from the owner of the pit. they still should call the cops following this attack, even though they're moving, the dog has proven itself to be a risk to other animals and people.

and fyi, you should never ever try to break up a dog fight with your hands, you can get seriously seriously hurt. try a distraction, turn the water on them, bang pots together, throw something at the dog, anything. of course its easy for me to say that, cause if something grabbed zemo i would kick its ass and probably lose a finger or two in the process...

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! You may have noticed that I haven't really been around lately. Well, Monday night after work I started itching uncontrollably. I itched more and more and the next day I went to the doctor's office only to find out that over the time that I had been taking antibiotics to keep my dog bite from getting infected I developed an allergic reaction to Penicillin. They took me off of the antibiotics and put me on Steroids, and only yesterday did the itching even begin to subside.

I've been swimming in oatmeal baths and rubbing skin lotion everywhere for the past three days and it's terrible. Hopefully I'll get better soon, because I'm sick of being sick.

On the bright side I beat Pokemon Pearl this morning, and I close on my house next Wednesday. Woo!

-Wes

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I've been away for a while but I must say, that whole story is really fucking fucked up! And I thought I was having a horrible month.

Um, good luck with your poor dog and blighted skin and the lawyering that I'm sure is going to ensue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: