The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the tell us about the games you are playing thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 83, 84, 85  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winged Assassins (1984)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or Alone In The Dark 2.
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nana Komatsu wrote:
I like Fever rules if only because the Fever mode adds this element of surprise wherein someone about to die can turn the entire game around by getting a Fever.

i don't know, i hate the way fever mode forces you to play: both players trying their hardest to not make matches until after their opponent is forced to. it's like a neck-and-neck race to come in last. just let me win by making matches and chains, please.

speaking of rules, water mode is fantastic. instead of falling down, puyos rise up toward the top of the screen - but you still drop from the top. so you're essentially adding puyos from below the stacks rather than above. and apparently this mode - and a bunch of others - are unlockable for multiplayer.

EDIT: i just found a code to unlock everything in puyo puyo. there are morolian and sonic sprite sets! DOUBLE EDIT: and a "big puyos" mode where only eighteen puyos will fit on your screen at a time! (you only need three for a match.)

mawasunda!! (official site here) is apparently a port of the taito arcade game turn it around, where players spin wheels to accomplish tasks like walking a drunken salaryman to his bus without letting him get into too many fights, making takoaki, and throwing a human javelin.

it reminds me of the ds port of point blank, which substitutes touch-screen tapping for a light gun. mawasunda!! replaces the big wheel with a wheel on the touch screen that the player spins with the stylus. it's much smoother than mawashite koron's and easier to use. continuous play caused the stylus to press uncomfortably into my finger, though.

the game is pretty basic. there are twenty-five minigames, you play through them, and that's it. a few of the minigames are based on other taito titles - arkanoid, cameltry, and a fusion of bubble bobble and puzzle bobble. (i also spotted the cameltry font in another minigame.) i havn't yet tried two-player (local only), which is hopefully better than point blank's, which was disappointingly limited for a port of a game designed to be played by two people at once.
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
Nana Komatsu wrote:
I like Fever rules if only because the Fever mode adds this element of surprise wherein someone about to die can turn the entire game around by getting a Fever.

i don't know, i hate the way fever mode forces you to play: both players trying their hardest to not make matches until after their opponent is forced to. it's like a neck-and-neck race to come in last. just let me win by making matches and chains, please.

I never saw Fever as making you delay matches. In Puyo Puyo Fever the computer could almost always trump me on the hard difficulty through combos alone without ever going into fever mode. While I think fever can turn things around, you still have to be pretty darn skilled not to get crushed under a massive combo your opponent throws at you. Plus given how long it takes to get into Fever mode (and once in there, you may still be clearing garbage your opponent sent you), there's more than enough time for your opponent to set up mid-sized combos.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve been playing Crackdown, a lot. At this point I want to call this game the antithesis of GTA3.

To me, GTA3 is a lot of mediocre parts (shooting, driving, running, melee) which are put together into something that is greater than it parts: the sum of the parts. This is an overwhelming and grand experience which leads to constant dicking around and not really paying attention to the game proper. The game is so large it’s distracting. Many times when people talk about it they don’t even mention the story or missions of the game.

Crackdown has a terrible story, a bad announcer, it’s racist, level design which is completely transparent and fairly uninteresting character designs. Yet the individual parts (running, jumping, driving, shooting, melee) are all completely fantastic. The way the character progress through gaining levels is fantastic because you reap the rewards in actual gameplay, and even though this may sound like it presents artificial boundaries, there is almost always a work around for these artificial boundaries.

For example: I was playing one night with a friend in co-op and he was at level 4 agility, where I was only at level 2. He could easily just jump to the tops of buildings where I had to find low buildings then move progressively to taller ones to finally reach the same point. Were this a linear game this would be labeled as sequence breaking, but since it’s not, it really just presents an excellent puzzle.

I’m also pretty sure that this game nailed what I didn’t like about GTA’s missions: Crackdown has every mission (which are only “kill boss X”) open from the very moment you start the game. So the free form exploration that this type of design (sandbox) promotes is married with open missions which you’re informed of when you come close to them (the boss). So frequently you will find yourself jumping around from roof top to roof top building up agility, and then you realize there’s a boss around the area and so, in the spirit of exploration you decide to see if you can kill the boss.

It’s really great, and for the people who end up not liking it I have a feeling it will be a case of seeing the forest for the trees. I actually appreciate it more the more I play it, where with GTA its always the opposite.

"There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!"
Dracko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes it racist? And I was under the impression it didn't need a storyline.
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracko wrote:
What makes it racist? And I was under the impression it didn't need a storyline.

The enemies in the game are "illegal immigrants" and the Asian enemies in the last level sound like rednecks. I'm pretty sure it's satire as the entire game has this whole aura of hilariously catering to modern American conservative ideals. Good shit!

-Wes
Hates your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nana Komatsu wrote:
If you're on a surivial horror kick, you should play one of the Fatal Frame games.

Or D2!

Fatal Frame 2 on the xbox is up next!!
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracko wrote:
And I was under the impression it didn't need a storyline.

It doesn't, but that didn't stop them from putting it in there anyways. When you're looking at the whole package you have to take everything in the box into account.

Ketch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
llamatron: 868,846 in stage 64.

Damn, there needs to be a zombie Robotron game, like Dead Rising / Zombies ate my neighbours. I can see it now, each shop would have hundreds of zombies in and you would have to get them all before you could move on.
Dracko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
Dracko wrote:
And I was under the impression it didn't need a storyline.

It doesn't, but that didn't stop them from putting it in there anyways. When you're looking at the whole package you have to take everything in the box into account.

There is one beyond the basic boot stamping on a criminal's face set-up? As in, that progresses alongside your push into the game? If so, that's sort of disappointing. I was looking forward to a free-form action game which was unashamed about being a free-form action game.

SuperWes wrote:
The enemies in the game are "illegal immigrants" and the Asian enemies in the last level sound like rednecks. I'm pretty sure it's satire as the entire game has this whole aura of hilariously catering to modern American conservative ideals. Good shit!

So, Robocop?
helicopterp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A relevant quote from Jeremy Parish's blog entry on Crackdown:

Jeremy Parish wrote:
It also shares one of the more unfortunate elements of GTA's legacy, the unavoidable sensation that you are playing a game made for young white males. The bad guys are the usual collection of immigrants -- Mexican, Russian and Chinese -- so the plot plays out a little bit like a mean-spirited fever dream by one of those dudes who wants to build a wall between Texas and Mexico. And of course the usual vagina dentata themes are out in full force, all the more blatant for the game's sparse narrative: with few exceptions, the female criminals have risen to power by using their sexuality, usually followed by a quick betrayal. Remember, boys, girls are scary and they only want to hurt you! With their genitals!

In other words, it's not a very nice game, but at least it's a very interesting game. So squint a bit and maybe you won't notice the subtext.

I haven't played Crackdown, but I get the impression that Jeremy nails that point right on the head.
SuperWes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracko wrote:
SuperWes wrote:

So, Robocop?

That's not too far off!

-Wes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing Neverwinter Nights Diamond. I know someone else here was a NWN fiend back in the day. Would you care to come out of the woodwork and share? I'm looking for interesting modules to coop with my roommate. Btw, Witch's Wake was the biggest cocktease I've ever played.

"It is a peaceful way of understanding life, to play"
_Marcel Duchamp
simplicio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't that shaper?

I haven't touched a game in weeks now, except for a few odd moments of blocksum.

I've got Izuna, Rhythm Tengoku and a bunch of Bit Generations titles languishing somewhere off in the international postal system. I think I'm in a state right now where I couldn't handle a full PC/Console gaming commitment.
Dracko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
Dracko wrote:
SuperWes wrote:

So, Robocop?

That's not too far off!

So, would that make the game racist or steeped in the same sort of irony 90s Verhoeven enjoyed?
SuperWes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracko wrote:
So, would that make the game racist or steeped in the same sort of irony 90s Verhoeven enjoyed?

I suppose the answer to that is in the eye of the beholder (in much the same way as Robocop).

Actually, I just did a google search for Robocop Crackdown and a lot of reviews mention Robocop. Here's one from someone who mentions they really like the story in Crackdown, so that's pretty neat.

-Wes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixel's new game. It's reet old school and refreshingly uncomplex.
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaper was the NWN dude, though he only told me the sp sucked after i bought it. then again, i can't really get it to run right on my machine (doesn't like the resolution, bah) so whatevs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who can't figure it out (it took me about a minute):

NWN = Neverwinter Nights
sp = single player
Lasa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I witnessed an odd/humorous Crackdown bug/AI quirk where a gang boss ran off a building to his death.

Last edited by Lasa on Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Nana Komatsu
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apartment is officially clean enough to have company over. This having been accomplished, I decided to celebrate by watching Heroes (oh god fucking amazing) and playing a copy of Street Fighter Alpha 2 for the Saturn that I found while unpacking my things. I have a bunch of loose Saturn games that I bought from a Blockbuster going out of business sale that come in a variety of jewel cases. From what I remember, most of them don't work, but thankfully SFA2 does!

While I've played a lot of fighting games, I haven't spent much time with the Alpha series in particular so I was worried about all the Grooves and nonsense I'd heard about. Thankfully, I was able to jump in with Sakura (who I used extensively in MVC2) and play to my heart's content. I wasn't able to get nearly as far with Chun-Li, although I find her moveset changes just slightly enough with each series to throw me off. I do have the Alpha Collection for PS2 on my shelf, I just need to get around to play it (like the other 10 million games I own), although I'm thinking tomorrow night if I have free time I'll mostly be polishing up my Guilty Gear skills since I feel like I've been away from the game for too long.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

player 2 wrote:
I've been playing Neverwinter Nights Diamond. I know someone else here was a NWN fiend back in the day. Would you care to come out of the woodwork and share? I'm looking for interesting modules to coop with my roommate. Btw, Witch's Wake was the biggest cocktease I've ever played.

As other's have pointed out, yes that was me.

Unfortunatly I can't say that there is any reason to play the game without a Dungeon Master. You and your friend should sign up at Neverwinter Connections for a game run by a DM. It's pretty damed amazing. Or, see if there are any good persistant worlds left. You and your friend would probably have a good time in a persistant world (which makes NWN into a mini-mmo).

Ketch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Kameo Reply with quote

Just got Kameo for my birthday, pretty cool so far ! Better than Star Fox Adventures anyway. Love the character designs.
ryan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm turning this paper crown into gold as the emperor of the Holy Roman Empire in Medieval 2: Total War. After flourishing for a bit while minding my own affairs, Venice attacked. The new war did not dissuade me from assaulting Denmark - I need to keep my coffers filled up somehow - but then Milan, Sicily, and now Hungary are attacking me. I am central Europe, so I shall now proceed to stomp out Milan in central, then work West to finish them off, then fortify the East against Hungary and the remains of Venice. Busy man!
friedchicken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally gotten Rondo of Blood working in emulation, so I've been playing a bit here and there. Oh, and I got Lunar Knights and played it for about ten hours straight on Friday. It's good, but not really a great game, but it's still pretty distracting. The biggest problem is that the interface used for 'towns' and other non-dungeon settings is horribly clunky.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alien hominid. not the metal slug reskinning but the bonus "pda game" included with it. lloyds to london, it honestly is better than the titular game on the disk. the manual claims there's "over 200" stages. there are, in fact, exactly 201. i just played through all of them in one sitting. i did game over and continue a few times - i don't feel bad, since it's really a platform puzzler.

it's a single-screen platform puzzle game of the really good kind. it uses the same handful of stage elements for all 200+ of its screens. and the level design is devious, clever and playful. there are lots of things cleverly hidden, offscreen or under the hominid's thumb (the game takes place on the hominid's "pda", held in its hand - it moves its finger off the screen when you get close). elements are placed in inaccessible parts of the stage, just to provide scenery. on one screen, the moment the stage begins, a crowd of enemies fall to their deaths and you're free to proceed to the next screen. one stage is exactly like the one before it, but with a subtle difference that changes the way you need to approach it.

and like any true single-screen lode runner-esque puzzle platformer, there are stages built out of the developers' initials. and an editor. (also, and kind of a rarity among this type of game, support for up to four players. the first time i played through was with my sister, and it was great.)

the only really offensive issue is a glitch where boats (pushable objects that you can climb in when on water) take a second to "settle" into water before they're enterable, during which time you can pass right through them and fall into the water (causing death). it comes up sometimes because due to the boat's nature as a pushable object (outside of water), you can often be shoving it off the land and following it into the water only to "miss" it. my solution is simply to always enter a boat by jumping onto it from a solid surface.

there are a few other things that could have been tighter, mostly collision detection. most likely the game is less polished simply because it's just a bonus "minigame" included with a larger commercial work. but it totally is a better and more original game than alien hominid itself.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
alien hominid. not the metal slug reskinning but the bonus "pda game" included with it... since it's really a platform puzzler.

I'll have to give this one a try sometime, I borrowed AH off a friend, but damn the single-player mode sucked. The gameplay that is, since the graphics and setting were awesome. I loved the satirical touches such as having the cake shop next to the dieting association. Anyway, I might have to borrow this one off someone else again for the PDA game.
Nana Komatsu
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the 360 version has this included...
SuperWes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nana Komatsu wrote:

I'll find out in a few hours!

-Wes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperWes wrote:
Nana Komatsu wrote:

I'll find out in a few hours!

-Wes

It does from what I hear.
Ryan - SuperWes' Bane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing Xenosaga III when I get the chance at home, and when I'm at work or on the road, I'm usually switching between Starfox Command for the DS (which is a great game, more than I expected) and Final Fantasy V. I've also gotten pretty far in the Onimusha 4 game but hate how cheap that game can be, and also I started a save on Shadow Hearts 1.
Six

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan - SuperWes' Bane wrote:
Onimusha 4

Is that the one with digital Jean Reno? I don't really know anything about Onimusha, but I totally want to play that one. He does like a reverse Visitors thing, right?

fake edit: Okay, that's Onimusha 3. I guess I really just want to play a game with a virtual Jean Reno for some reason :(
Nana Komatsu
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna has been playing a little Assault Heroes, maybe she will tell us about it?
dessgeega

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far i find it slow-paced and boring! i think it would work a lot better if the developers had built the game around a single weapon rather than three. incidentally, the blaster master dungeons seem to be the strongest part of the game for this reason. it reminds me of rush 'n crash, which can't but be a good thing?

i only played to stage two before we decided that i need my own live arcade account. what i played of it was really easy.

Last edited by dessgeega on Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryan - SuperWes' Bane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six wrote:
Onimusha 4

Is that the one with digital Jean Reno? I don't really know anything about Onimusha, but I totally want to play that one. He does like a reverse Visitors thing, right?

fake edit: Okay, that's Onimusha 3. I guess I really just want to play a game with a virtual Jean Reno for some reason Sad

If 3 would have had the system that 4 has, it would have been awesome (sorta like an RPG system, it's a nice change). I'm rather bored with the story and everything in Dawn of Dreams. Gameplay is the same, but game system is different *yawn*. Nothing to get terribly excited about.

But yeah, Jean Reno rocks, except they only use his French for the first 10 minutes Sad. Stupid, bad, English voice actors Mad
ryan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else play Company of Heroes?

I'm finally getting to the demo and, wow, what a great game. I've seen that you UKers get a double pack of it and Dawn of War, which is a fantastic deal.

I think the old drivers were giving me blue screens of death, so hopefully those are gone now so that I may enjoy it in all its rat-a-tat-tat glory.
Mister Toups

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I last posted RE0 has gotten tedious and then AMAZING.

The more I play it the more it seems like a western-designed RE game. From how "open" it is (once you get off the train anyhow) to how experimental the mechanics are, and just how loose feeling it is.

And it's fucking difficult!
extrabastardformula

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna be playing a bunch of the Catan games with friends tonight in anticipation of the XBLA edition. I expect this will be awesome.
friedchicken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if I haven't already been playing enough stuff right now, SSX Blur for the Wii arrived yesterday and my wife has been edging toward throwing the wiimote through the wall since then (due to frustration, not a weak wrist strap).

It looks nice though.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

other xbox live impressions:

doom is fantastic. the control scheme they came up with is revelatory. i don't think i can imagine playing this on a keyboard anymore.

geometry wars is good too. the most interesting thing it does is relinquish a stage-based structure in favor of a continuous, unbroken game (though one that is not without clear periodic "waves" of enemies). i've decided, though, that grid wars has done absolutely nothing to hurt the sales of this game. the audiences of the two titles are different: people with xboxes will buy geometry wars, people without will play grid wars. no one is going to buy an xbox360 to play geometry wars. and no one who owns an xbox360 is going to play grid wars on her pc when she could be playing the far more gorgeous geometry wars on her xbox with the xbox's dual-stick controller.

and those are the only compelling live titles i've played so far.

Last edited by dessgeega on Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Six

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But yeah, Jean Reno rocks, except they only use his French for the first 10 minutes Sad. Stupid, bad, English voice actors Mad

Aw, what? He usually does his own English dub, too.

(Confessing to knowing more about Jean Reno than I realized or am comfortable with ITT)
dessgeega

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psp impressions:

exit: either a horribly slow platforming game or a really boring puzzle game. neither is something i'd want to play for very long.

loco roco: the developers came up with this amazing physics engine and then . . . used it to create a boring, straightforward platformer. with incredible art and sound direction. though i don't think charges of racism are unfounded, given that the enemies are black, big-lipped, dreadlocked faces.

game needs more cameltry.
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dess: Should I bring EEE, Ultimate GnG, and Megaman Powered up for the PSP?

Also, like, Exit begins to become interesting after you get through the really long and terrible tutorial. Some of the later levels are really good puzzles. it's not a platformer though.

Nana Komatsu
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have Every Extend Extra and Megaman Powered Up.
dessgeega

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just played megaman powered up! it's a lot easier than i remember the original being. and the characters talk too much. you should bring ghouls 'n ghosts though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i played lumines live, even though nana told me the psp version has better music, because i couldn't find her copy of the umd. i don't dislike the music but, wow, the game is really boring. i'd love to say it's the most boring puzzle game i've ever played, but i've played trioncube, which is like lumines with only one color of block.

lucky star mode is offensive. it's not a particularly good song to begin with, but it's a lot more abrasive in the background than one of the more downtempo, vocal-less songs. and the music video, full of large shapes flashing black and white, is incredibly distracting behind the game board. i quit when i realized the entire mode was that same one song, played and replayed over and over until you finally lose the game six hours later.
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey dess you should try to beat wes' hexic 3d score.
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dessgeega wrote:
you should bring ghouls 'n ghosts though.

IT WILL BE DONE!

SuperWes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycle wrote:
hey dess you should try to beat wes' hexic 3d score.

I didn't realize that I even had something that could be viewed as a high score until Alice pointed it out to me. Now I feel special.

-Wes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, well I'm new here, but I figure this is as good a place as any to start my posting career...

Anyways, I've been playing the import version of Mother 3 for the second time with a translation guide (I don't know a lick of Japanese) and it's just as amazing as the first time I completed it... I haven't played any of the other games in the series, but the culmination of the impact of the visuals, music, story and sound battles make for a fun and, at times, emotional game; definately what I'd call soulful and artsy. However, the game does lose a bit considering I'm not playing in English, and it's too bad Nintendo really hasn't taken the opportunity to bring it to North America...

I'm actually surprised I haven't ran into an article directly relating to the game in TGQ yet, but perhaps I didn't look hard enough or something >_>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 14 of 85

Jump to: