The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Games you've never played
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nana Komatsu
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Games you've never played Reply with quote

I really liked Mario Kart 64. I would play it all the time in high school and enjoyed it immensely. When press started coming out for Mario Kart: Double Dash for Gamecube, I was excited. Then, for the year or so before the game's release I read nothing but bad press about it. The two-player control system was not implemented well, it made gameplay more confusing, the game was slow. I didn't want to play a slower version of Mario Kart. The game was slow in early builds, it was slow at E3, it was slow in the post-e3 impressions, slow slow slow.

I haven't played Mario Kart: Double Dash once since it came out, ever. It was at an anime convention this past summer that I realized this when I was watching eight folks play it and the thought occured to me "That looks really fun." I've thought about buying the game since then but it doesn't feel right. I can't explain why, but it's like if I've gone this long without playing the game, there's no reason I should now.

I had a similar experience with Perfect Dark. I was really looking forward to it and then just never bought it. It was three years before I played it for the first time.

While it's entirely likely I'm just neurotic, I'm curious if anyone else has ever (intentionally or subconciously) not played a game and why.
OtakupunkX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll list off some stuff, and people will either be highly shocked or completely indifferent (probably the second one).

Half-Life 1(Mainly a subconscious decision)
OutRun 2 (I'm very afraid to play it since OutRun is one of my all time favorite games and I don't want the sequel to mess with any of my memories of OR1 even though I've heard very good things about it)
Metal Gear Solid GBC (I know I can just download a ROM of it or find it on eBay for cheap via Nintondo or what have you, but I just can't bring myself to play it)
Panzer Dragoon 1 (I just can't find a copy)

Also, it took me an absurd amount of time to play The Warriors. I really looked forward to it before it came out, as I love the movie and Rockstar, but I couldn't bring myself to play it until a month ago.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played Metroid Prime or Metroid Prime 2. I probably never will, either.
DaleNixon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonMarco wrote:
I've never played Metroid Prime

That's a real shame for you.

DonMarco wrote:
or Metroid Prime 2. I probably never will, either.

You are a lucky man.
Mister Toups
Hates your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Games you've never played Reply with quote

Nana Komatsu wrote:
I really liked Mario Kart 64. I would play it all the time in high school and enjoyed it immensely. When press started coming out for Mario Kart: Double Dash for Gamecube, I was excited. Then, for the year or so before the game's release I read nothing but bad press about it. The two-player control system was not implemented well, it made gameplay more confusing, the game was slow. I didn't want to play a slower version of Mario Kart. The game was slow in early builds, it was slow at E3, it was slow in the post-e3 impressions, slow slow slow.

I haven't played Mario Kart: Double Dash once since it came out, ever. It was at an anime convention this past summer that I realized this when I was watching eight folks play it and the thought occured to me "That looks really fun." I've thought about buying the game since then but it doesn't feel right. I can't explain why, but it's like if I've gone this long without playing the game, there's no reason I should now.

I had a similar experience with Perfect Dark. I was really looking forward to it and then just never bought it. It was three years before I played it for the first time.

While it's entirely likely I'm just neurotic, I'm curious if anyone else has ever (intentionally or subconciously) not played a game and why.

I do this exact same thing except with music. Thus my entire ignorance of the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, the Kinks, etc.
rye

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never ever played any kind of online RPG or FPS in my entire life.

I did spend 37 hours playing PSO offline, though. it was lonely.
dessgeega
loves your favorite videogame
loves your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've had night of bush capturing sitting on my desktop for a month. along with the original escape from castle wolfenstein.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonMarco wrote:
I've never played Metroid Prime or Metroid Prime 2. I probably never will, either.

Nor have I and I have no interest in remedying this.

I will also never play Final Fantasy XII when it is released purely because it is a Final Fantasy game which is quite a silly reason.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played Zelda: Majora's Mask despite owning it for over two years. Initially, I was scared it would be too much like Ocarina; now that I've had people tell me different, it's just a matter of laziness.

Also: Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Shadow of the Colossus, Final Fantasy X-2, and Xenosaga II. The first two I sought out and bought or traded because I hear they're really good; the second two were given to me by friends and I think despite their reputation I'll play them someday.

As far as games I've intentionally not played, the only one I can think of is Wind Waker. I hate Nintendo's shitting on my childhood with their constant "Let's reimagine The Hero in such-and-such setting and somehow still tie the superficial Zelda story elements into it!" Plus, I loathe the art direction. I don't have a problem with the cel-shading, as it's a great look for Zelda, but I hate how all the characters look so damned feline.
Nana Komatsu
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the only person in the world who really likes Final Fantasy X-2! I think if you give it a fair shake, it holds up as a fairly good RPG. Also, you can beat the game and get one of the good endings by only doing a few small sidequests (I think it's 5, and 3 aren't out of your way) as compared to the large number of them available.
chompers po pable

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've never played God of War. i watched someone else play it through the sex scene part, and stopped watching completely during the box puzzle sliding thing on the deck of a ship. Kratos (lol) reminds me of the lead singer of godsmack or something similarly lacking in taste. i thought it was really unoriginal how you progressively learn/unlock new abilities and combos. horrible, horrible game. also, nu-skool metallica and generic tribal tattoos all up in there. the only thing the game lacks is hummer/turbodiesel truck commercials, football, and george bush.

i feel better.
extralife

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nana Komatsu wrote:
I am the only person in the world who really likes Final Fantasy X-2! I think if you give it a fair shake, it holds up as a fairly good RPG. Also, you can beat the game and get one of the good endings by only doing a few small sidequests (I think it's 5, and 3 aren't out of your way) as compared to the large number of them available.

I think X-2 is better than regular 'ol X, at least. Just as broken, but a lot more fun.
the drunken samurai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

extralife wrote:
Nana Komatsu wrote:

I think X-2 is better than regular 'ol X, at least. Just as broken, but a lot more fun.

both of those games looked like shit,which is why i never touched them
GSL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

extralife wrote:
Nana Komatsu wrote:

Well, I'm perfectly willing to give it an honest go, I just need to magically find the time.

Then again, maybe I should finish X, first.
Nana Komatsu
weak sauce
weak sauce

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having an appreciation for X helps X-2 a lot as it's basically fanservice wank for X fans.
extralife

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the drunken samurai wrote:
extralife wrote:
Nana Komatsu wrote:

both of those games looked like shit,which is why i never touched them

sup tds.

you have heard of the IC implosion, I assume?
helicopterp

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Games you've never played Reply with quote

Mister Toups wrote:
I do this exact same thing except with music. Thus my entire ignorance of the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, the Kinks, etc.

The Kinks aren't really very good. I could give or take on Led Zeppelin. You should listen to the beatles, but not take them very seriously. Their songs are mind-blowing, but not because of any self-importance. They just know how to write really, really good tunes (See: "Help!" "Lovely Rita" "I'm Only Sleeping" and "Revolution")

But I suppose none of that matters because you like the Jackson 5. Woot!

So, games I deliberately have not played:

Any of the Metal Gear Solid Series
Any of the GTA games past GTA2
Sports simulations. (I'd rather play real sports or really silly over-the-top videogame ones)
antitype

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up until recently, I had never played System Shock 2. Then I downloaded it from Home of the Underdogs, played it for about two hours, and when I went back to play some more my save would not load. Was it corrupted, maybe? Is this going to happen every time I try to play the game, or should I make another attempt? Sucks, 'cause it seemed like a pretty fascinating game.

Here are some more games that I've never played but would like to, eventually:

Mother 3
Dragon Quest IV-VI
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Sin and Punishment
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Jet Set Radio Future
Psychonauts
Dead Rising
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind/Oblivion
Half-Life 2/Episode One/Two
FEAR
Deus Ex (I've played the demo version.)
Thief
Fallout/Fallout 2
Black & White
Lumines
Rhythm Tengoku
Tomba!
Vib Ribbon
grumbel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Games you've never played Reply with quote

Games I have never touched intentionally are Prince of Persia:WW and TT. I liked PoP:SoT a lot and from all I have seen of the successors, they do nothing but ruin what the first part established, kind of like Highlander2/Alien3 in the movie world.

Beside from that I haven't touched Metal Gear 2 or 3, but that not because of the first part, but simply because I just can't derive fun from that kind of game, I just can't connect to its way of storytelling and the story itself. Havn't touched any Final Fantasy game either, except FF8, but I quited that one half the way through, just can't stand all that random encounter stuff. Story is nice, but rest of the game isn't something I could ever enjoy.

Last not least there are a bunch of classic point&click adventures that I have never played, for most part I limited myself to the LucasArts stuff back then, have to catch up on the other stuff that was around at that time.
Dracko

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't help that Mechner had nothing to do with the Warrior Within or Two Thrones.

P.S. Screw you on that Alien³ comment. Far more worthy a sequel than that 'Nam flick Aliens was.
Lackey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is way better when it's not about venting disdain.

Well! I've never even played it!
chompers po pable

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lackey wrote:

chompers po pable wrote:
i've never played God of War, and I never will.

fixed
wourme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My most egregious offense is probably not playing Cave Story. I think Ikachan is great and I imagine that Cave Story is exactly my type of game for many reasons, but I got frustrated on a boss early on and quit.

A game I've always really wanted to play but haven't had any way to (other than overstaying my welcome at someone's house, I suppose) is Bangai-o.

Despite all I've heard about it, I still want to try Metroid Prime 2. I probably won't like it, just as everyone says, so I want to find it for so cheap that it doesn't matter.
Scratchmonkey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lackey wrote:

Well! I've never even played it!

What's funny is that it's spread beyond videogames into music and film.

I'd hate on some normally critcally-well-regarded novelist here to complete the circle, only none are coming to mind.

Edit: Kerouac will do. I'll never read him, that hack.

I don't have any games that I just won't play, for whatever reasons. There are games that I've stopped playing and I'll never go back to and games that I've never started for a variety of reasons (saving it for a long stretch of unemployment, doesn't work correctly with my current sound card, bought because I found a copy when finding the game is rare and hey I might want to play it someday, etc.), just no games that I'm really opposed to outside of "legitimate" reasons like seeming quality/lack of interest.
helicopterp

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan Franzen and Dave Eggers are poopy. Count it!
chompers po pable

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of the biggest things that (from what i saw) turned me off to god of war (aside from the general aesthetics), is that the game plays like DMC. I played through maybe three quarters of the first DMC, and eventually put it down after "learning" what seemed to be the thirtieth skill. my inventory in the game was cluttered, the boss battles got sloppier as the game went on, and i just put it down. i haven't played the second or third iterations of the game because of this. now, my experience with DMC, and my resulting distaste for whatever the game was trying to do (i guess it's more or less straight up "action") has made me sure that i don't like/want to play similar games in the future (especially when they by all appearances seem to be testosterone fueled schlock). different strokes. i really liked he-man as a child, yet i don't have the urge to play with he-man due to my immense maturity and depth of character (harhar). Unless I'm drunk, then i'll totally beat all of you in a he-man fight. (skeletor!)
shnozlak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Games you've never played Reply with quote

Mister Toups wrote:
Nana Komatsu wrote:

Well Double dash plays a lot like 64 except its far more floaty, you can execute the same level of control but the feel is different and steering skills don’t transfer directly between the two. That’s my take anyway.

Listen to these albums Toups and listen closely. The White album, Abby Road (b side mostly), Revolver and Rubber Soul. Keep in mind that there are two forces in the Beatles, John wanted to be inventive, rebellious and psychedelic (some say it was Yoko’s influence), while Paul wanted to make well crafted pop music. Now listen to the albums and see who is winning the fight in each song. The White Album was created to give everyone a chance to vent their ideas, so try to pick up on who likes to do what based on their choices. This all relies on your ability to stomach them in the first place of course.

Musically The Chemical Brothers aspirations can be summed up by the beatles song "Tomarrow never knows".

I’ve never played:
*Steam-Bot Chronicles: I was afraid it would be too open and I would lose direction, causing me to quit and feel silly for spending money I need to travel and eat.
*Radiant Silver Gun: its actually good right?
*Myst and its sequels: I heard parts of the game require you to take notes in order to figure out the puzzles.
*Dragon Quest: Pre 8: Eight seemed unimaginatively written and backwards, I cannot imagine the grind that the old ones must be, though maybe I’m wrong?
*ChronoCross: the 49 PC’s thing scared me, and the random encounters.
*Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2: I loved 3 because I don’t know if I would like the idea of relying on radar (or even having perfect radar available) or moving about urban environments.
*Sonic adventure: Missed most of that generation and the the opinons of it are generally sour.
*That Ghost in the Shell game for PS2: Was it good? People said it was but not people I always trust.
*Is starship Titanic any good? I diddnt even know it existed untill I saw it in book from at a barns and nobel.
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh heck, too many to list here! I generally play games that are obscure and no one cares if I play them or not, or I play the games I truly love over and over again.

I try to play a game I should have years before every now and then, though. I played Metal Gear Solid for the first time this year which really blew me awat, especially since I didn't like the games that followed it (but I played them prior to the original).

I'm less worried about not playing certain games, but rather genres. There are quite a few that I really need to get into, but not sure where to start.
BalbanesBeoulve

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never played Killer 7.
Rud13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Games you've never played Reply with quote

shnozlak wrote:

I’ve never played:
*Steam-Bot Chronicles: I was afraid it would be too open and I would lose direction, causing me to quit and feel silly for spending money I need to travel and eat.
*Radiant Silver Gun: its actually good right?
*Myst and its sequels: I heard parts of the game require you to take notes in order to figure out the puzzles.
*Dragon Quest: Pre 8: Eight seemed unimaginatively written and backwards, I cannot imagine the grind that the old ones must be, though maybe I’m wrong?
*Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2: I loved 3 because I don’t know if I would like the idea of relying on radar (or even having perfect radar available) or moving about urban environments.
*Sonic adventure: Missed most of that generation and the the opinons of it are generally sour.
*That Ghost in the Shell game for PS2: Was it good? People said it was but not people I always trust.
*Is starship Titanic any good? I diddnt even know it existed untill I saw it in book from at a barns and nobel.

Radiant Silvergun is actually really good, but I don't think it's worth more than 100 bucks. If thinking about games doesn't interest you avoid Myst like the plague. MGS1 and 2 are great. SA1 has some aging to it but there is a good amount of Sega spark throughout the whole thing. GitSSaC is actually good (I don't think anyone would say it is a bad game) but it's not stellar. Good 10 dollar entertainment.

EDIT: I've never played a lot of games.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The game is not that open at all. It is "japan-nonlinear" meaning it's very linear but at any given time there are sidequests that you can perform if you like (like the arena battles, etc), and you can choose how your character responds to certain situations. It's not intimidating, if anything it's the opposite and there are times where I felt like I lacked motivation.
squidlarkin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My computer's just powerful enough to emulate Radiant Silvergun well enough that I can tell how awesome it'd be if my computer were more powerful. Someday...

I've never played Virtual On, unless you count 5 minutes on DC Oratorio Tangram before I realized it was unplayable without the twin sticks. I could get Marz easily, but it's apparently crap. It makes me sad, 'cause I loved Cyber Sled back in the day and I want my fix.

And of course there's the backlog of RPGs, which I have a love/hate relationship with. Which should I do next after FFXII, SMT:Nocturne or Dragon Quarter?
antitype

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BalbanesBeoulve wrote:
I never played Killer 7.

Congratulations.
Lackey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the term"japan-nonlinear" to be really amusing.

I play a whole lot of games but I don't finish many. At the very least I like to try something out so I know what it is. So I've played almost everything that's interested me, but not much.

I've never played Ico and Rez, because I can't find the damn things.
TOLLMASTER
nippon ichi PR man
nippon ichi PR man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nana Komatsu wrote:
Having an appreciation for X helps X-2 a lot as it's basically fanservice wank for X fans.

Lies! My main beef with Final Fantasy X-2 is that it ruins everything that X did. FFX was a very fatalistic pilgrimage among a group of strange characters in a depressed world. FFX-2 was about that world waking up, and discovering that it was really, really shallow. In a way, you could say that FFX-2 is the most genius game ever, and if you really wanted to you could probably make a long-winded argument that it represents how civilizations only reach their height when challenged by adversity, and then quickly degrading into consumerist tendencies when the danger has passed. But playing it right after FFX is kind of sad, really, like watching a kitten grow old enough to love you and then see it suddenly die.

The hilarious thing is that despite all the negative things I said, I do agree that FFX-2 is a good game! If not for its association with FFX, I would love it. I didn't realize this until I played Romancing SaGa, where I realized that the actual gameplay of FFX-2 wasn't flawed; it just happened that the world I was exploring was already dead to me and didn't want any part of it. Someday, I'll try to go back, because now that I've seen the basis of my bias, the entire game just reeks of promise.

shnozlak wrote:
[

Steambot Chronicles' "freedom" is mostly being able to give the finger to the plot's linearity at any time. It's not open at all for some people, who are used to doing exactly what the game tells them to. For people like me, who are always trying to see if a game will "let" you do something that doesn't make sense, it's mostly open, though certain areas have to be unlocked/reunlocked at times through progression in the plot.

Eating is important for you, though.

Chrono Cross isn't that bad, either. The plot is terrible, and terribly rushed at the end. However, despite this its a reverse Xenogears; the thing that keeps you going is the battle system and the eclectic cast of characters you collect like them there Pokemans. I think the designers came to the conclusion that nothing they made was ever going to satisfy rapid Chrono Trigger fans, and thus they made a beautiful and fun, yet completely unimportant, game. It's a romp more than it is an epic, and if you don't expect an epic then you'll be perfectly satisfied.
somewhere_else

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Games you've never played Reply with quote

shnozlak wrote:

Out of curiousity, which random encounters are you referring to? From what I recall, encounters were set up pretty much like Chrono Trigger, with enemies visible and avoidable before battle. The only encounters you couldn't see coming were forced-ambush boss encounters that moved the plot along (usually). I stopped playing it in fact, almost 3/4 of the way through, because I got jumped and killed by a boss out of the blue, and I didn't feel like spending the 30 min. or so it would've taken to get every party member's elements set up just right to fight this one boss, only to have to set them up again afterwards to handle normal enemy encounters. It made me realize a lot of things, among them the value of being able to level up.

As for games I have intentionally not played, Final Fantasy 4 & 6 stand out. I've read and heard so much about them over the years, that they've been built up to be this great experience that I'll just love if I give them the chance. So they always end up being something saved for "when I have the time" or "just after I finish this game". The same could be said for Earthbound too now that I think about it.
Laco

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have quite a few; mostly not through avoidance, just lack of time/opportunity. Well, that's a lie, for everything listed here there's probably another game I've completed multiple times. I haven't played more than a demo of anything from these series:

Deus Ex
Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy (or any JRPG really. Xenosaga, Dragon Quest, Earthbound, etc..)
Gran Turismo
Zelda (except a few hours each of OoT and WW)
Metroid
Fallout
Baldur's Gate
Any 'serious' sports games
Anything on any Sega console (except Gunstar Heroes)
Anything on X360
Anything on Nintendo's handhelds after the original GB
TOLLMASTER
nippon ichi PR man
nippon ichi PR man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Games you've never played Reply with quote

somewhere_else wrote:
shnozlak wrote:

Out of curiousity, which random encounters are you referring to? From what I recall, encounters were set up pretty much like Chrono Trigger, with enemies visible and avoidable before battle. The only encounters you couldn't see coming were forced-ambush boss encounters that moved the plot along (usually). I stopped playing it in fact, almost 3/4 of the way through, because I got jumped and killed by a boss out of the blue, and I didn't feel like spending the 30 min. or so it would've taken to get every party member's elements set up just right to fight this one boss, only to have to set them up again afterwards to handle normal enemy encounters. It made me realize a lot of things, among them the value of being able to level up.

I thought it was my characteristic forgetfulness, but yeah, I thought that you could see your enemies on the map in Chrono Cross, too. You can actually avoid most enemies--not like Chrono Trigger, where you get "attacked" by walking at certain points in the map much of the time. As for the sudden boss battles--I believe you can run from most of them! The boss will just sit there, waiting, if you run and decide to change your elements or go "level up" or whatever.
Lockeownzj00

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's whip up notepad here:

gabriel knight
system shock
jade empire
ninja five-o
ninja gaiden
the longest journey (partially played)
indigo prophecy
grim fandango (beaten before, just wanted to replay)
final fantasy xii
metroid prime 1 + 2
castlevania DS 1 + 2
thief 1 + 2 + 3
ultima underworld 1 + 2
arx fatalis
system shock 1 + 2

dat's just some-like.
Kipple

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never interested enough to get around to playing, but not biased against them and might play eventually:
All Metal Gear Solid games
Anything from the Final Fantasy series
Halo/Halo 2
God of War
Half-Life (1)
Deus-Ex
Prince of Persia SoT
Day of the Tentacle
Monkey Island series

That's all I can think of for now.
One that I've taken off that list thanks to the virtual console is NES Zelda. I never had that one as a kid. Just beat the first dungeon...
dark steve

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

earthbound

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I was wrong about Chrono Cross...

Well, I generally like thinking games but, frustraiting was the word I often heard from a lot of seemingly smart point and click fans.... 'I dunno' in other words.
the meteor kid
the meteor kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dark steve wrote:
earthbound

U WANNA.
fuzzylogic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OtakupunkX wrote:
OutRun 2 (I'm very afraid to play it since OutRun is one of my all time favorite games and I don't want the sequel to mess with any of my memories of OR1 even though I've heard very good things about it)

You have nothing to fear. Trust me.

Some significant games I've missed out on:

-Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
-Half-Life (love the sequel though)
-Halo
-Panzer Dragoon Zwei/Saga
-Killer 7
-Metal Gear Solid 2
-Rez
Mesmerize

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a difference between played and finished? Because there are a lot of games I've played bits and pieces of, but rarely do I ever actually sit down with the games for extended periods of time. There are many games I would like to finish, but some games I've outright never played that I would really like to:

Gunstar Heroes
any Sega Saturn game
any PC Engine game
Rez (will be playing soon)
Radiant Silvergun
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Bros. 2j
Devil Dice
Suikoden II

and a whole lotta others
FortNinety
Pheonix Wright
Pheonix Wright

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a LOT of awesome freeware/dojin softs I wish I could try out if I only had a PC....
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played Jak 3 despite having gotten it soon after it was released.

I got it for Christmas (maybe birthday) the year it came out and every time I put the game in to start playing, I'm reminded that I never beat Jak 2 and I end up putting that in again, playing a bit further, getting frustrated, and giving up.

Some day I vow to beat Jak 2 and move on to Jak 3, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

-Wes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played Ribbit King. Many of my friends and family are bonkers for it, but I've heard it's golf-esque and I'm horrible (read:impatient) with golf. I've also never played Uniracers. Is it on the Virtual console?
SuperWes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karoshi wrote:
I've never played Ribbit King.

You need to fix this problem now, especially since you have so many friends. That game is the poop in multiplayer.

-Wes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played Thief. Ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: