The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ruins of babel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boojiboy7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhex wrote:
excellence in the "let's blow shit up" tradition of the pc fps.

Hmmm. I want to write a thread about Black now. I will! Later...
Hot Stott Bot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister Toups wrote:
I mean honestly. Icy's "rules" thread was NOT that far off base when it comes to making valid criticisms of the forums. Shit like what happened in that Arcana Heart thread was common and civil threads were more the exception that proved the rule. I think he even had a good point about not enough discussion of doujin/indie games and the newsposts. And really anyone who actually READ that post would find that nowhere does he say that "YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT MAINSTREAM GAMES", nor does he ever say "YOU CAN'T DISAGREE WITH STAFF MEMBERS". It was more along the lines of "Try to increase the amount of discussion of obscure games that the frontpage is focused on" and "give the staff members the benefit of the doubt and at least treat them respectfully if you disagree with them". Good message, I think, but wrong messenger. He could've said anything and people would've lynched him for it.

Well, no one really lynched him for the things he said in that thread. I think the majority was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Hell, I was in the midst of writing a post about how I think he'd probably turn out okay, and my only issue is the deletion of the Forum Axe (which absolutely no justification was ever given for... still), and I think that can be resolved, etc. etc.

And then he started acting like an asshole.

See, I think they started lynching him for what he did and the way he "interpreted" those rules in action -- not what he said.

I mean, everyone wants a forum where people are nicer, and post smarter, and things like that. He doesn't deserve nothing just because he wrote a self-righteous post about it and went on a power trip, treating the entire collective forum like a bunch of children.

I mean, if you want "mature" posts, treat the forum members like mature people, and expect to have to deal with them in mature ways -- like openly discussing issues with them! If you want to do things like keep secrets, and send them to detention for not calling you "Sir", and generally treat them like babies, then well you should expect to get a temper tantrum back, not intelligent posts.
Mister Toups
Hates your favorite videogame
Hates your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilkes wrote:
Mister Toups wrote:
Good message, I think, but wrong messenger. He could've said anything and people would've lynched him for it.

And perhaps rightfully so! No one had any good reason to give Icy the benefit of the doubt given his reputation and history here. But that doesn't mean that what he said isn't true, in this case.

that's true, yet I think you're giving him too much credit. his message was valid enough, yet his tone was kinds of off key. he was too busy telling good people they were doing the forum wrong. and banning people is provoking and harmful.

I wish it was as 50/50 as you put it, I just don't think it is.

That's exactly what I'm saying. He was just the wrong guy to be saying it.

And yeah, I'm not really defending Icy here. I'm just saying we shouldn't just assume that we weren't at least partially at fault here. All the things icy complained about were the reasons that Brandon did this in the first place.

I also think the way a lot of people reacted was inappopriate. Starting threads which were intentionally baiting him was not a good idea and only made the situation worse. I mean the thread about license plates for instance: it was hard for even ME to see that as an extremely thinly veiled "FUCK YOU icyclam". It's just... why did anyone have to go there? If such chaos hadn't erupted it might not have inspired our mysterious terrorist to start that 4chan invasion to began with. I'm sure if we had all just clearly but politely said that icy needs to go, either through one or two dedicated threads on general or through PM's to Brandon, he probably would've removed him anyway. Instead there was rioting in the streets. It frustrates me because it doesn't make us look any better, and I would've liked to see more people take the high road.

Whatever, what's done is done. And the IC forums probably won't even be returning to insertcredit, even if brandon gets his URL back. Let's let the dust settle before we decide how to move on though.
Hot Stott Bot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister Toups wrote:
I also think the way a lot of people reacted was inappopriate. Starting threads which were intentionally baiting him was not a good idea and only made the situation worse. I mean the thread about license plates for instance: it was hard for even ME to see that as an extremely thinly veiled "FUCK YOU icyclam". It's just... why did anyone have to go there? If such chaos hadn't erupted it might not have inspired our mysterious terrorist to start that 4chan invasion to began with. I'm sure if we had all just clearly but politely said that icy needs to go, either through one or two dedicated threads on general or through PM's to Brandon, he probably would've removed him anyway.

Uuh... except that he didn't.

He said "give it a week" and went to bed, or something, and I think people really didn't want to deal with him for another 30 minutes.

People were reacting out of desperation to get Brandon to act on removing icyclam, and they simply got more and more desperate as time went on...

And the license plate thread? Give me a break. So what. It seemed well within the boundaries of the rules, and no one stepped out of line in it. Was it bait? It was bait in the sense that it was obviously something icyclam wouldn't "like" while still falling within the rules. I think the purpose of that thread was to demonstrate that icyclam was willing to ignore his own rules, and take the bait based on whatever little vendettas and conspiracy theories were in his head.

The right thing to do was to ignore that thread. As long as it stayed within the rules, people would have gotten bored of license plates and it would have died. No problem. End of story.

Did he? No, of course not. He demonstrated that he couldn't handle the boards, and that just made people more angry and desperate.

And why did Autokrater want to make that thread in the first place? Probably to demonstrate just how bad icyclam was.

And why would anyone want to do that? Because he was still admin, and people were desperate to get someone to act on the situation.

Why couldn't they have just talked about it? Perhaps because exodus had stopped responding to people's posts. And also perhaps because every time someone actually tried to discuss the forums the thread was locked and people were told to post in a thread that he had already explicitly said that he would not read.
Wilkes
milky wilkie
milky wilkie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister Toups wrote:
]Starting threads which were intentionally baiting him was not a good idea and only made the situation worse. I mean the thread about license plates for instance: it was hard for even ME to see that as an extremely thinly veiled "FUCK YOU icyclam". It's just... why did anyone have to go there?

oh come on. it was the concept of the thread that he took affront to. the content was light-hearted and had no aim of being insulting. to say it was insulting is some grave oversensitivity.

people on the discussion forum were used to discussing things in the discussion forum. telling me that I am not allowed to discuss the topic of disallowed discussion within a discussion forum burned a little.

unless you are talking about the second license plate thread. I had nothing to do with that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't give icy a chance because the first things I saw him do made it very clear how he was going to be ruling the forums. He did not actually address any of our concerns when we raised them in the one topic he said he might read (maybe), and he immediately threatened me with "being asked to leave the forums" (weasel words for "banning") for calling Recap a fucking idiot in what I believe was a very deserving situation just because Recap is an Insert Credit staff member. In that same topic, he said that we should go back and re-read Recap's posts, because Recap was "smarter than 99% of us" or something like that. It was insulting, it was rude, and it accomplished nothing but make it clear how he was going to be running things. I didn't give him a chance because he didn't give us a chance.

He was an absolutely terrible choice for admin of the IC Forums. Setting aside the fact that everyone who isn't on the staff had sound reasons to dislike him from the beginning, his actions did nothing to solve the situation that was developing. While Brandon was actually getting somewhat talked down by us pointing out that icyclam's reign of terror was probably not what Brandon had actually intended with his changes for the forums he instituted without talking to anyone who actually visits them, icy continued to escalate the situation by banning a few posters and threatening to ban the rest for posting damn near anything outside of the one thread icyclam already said he would never read. Then he had the god-damn nerve to blame the /b/tard invasion on the people he had banned in several of his posts.
Wilkes
milky wilkie
milky wilkie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LegatoB wrote:
Wilkes wrote:
Mister Toups wrote:
This could've ended a lot more quietly and peacefully had everyone just kept a cool head.

well, yeah.

you can't rely on people for that. you can count on people to lose their cool, however. lamenting their losing it makes the whole situation come off as a result of limited foresight, which is ashamedly why Brandon is getting so much guff.

guff I don't think he deserves.

Brandon didn't even bother to talk to anyone who actually frequented the forums about his concerns before he pulled his big switcheroo. I'm sorry, but if you really give a shit about the forums you own, you should try talking to the residents before you install a new regime that will immediately clash with the residents in a bad, bad way.

end of the day, it's still his.

I'm a firm believer that it's his place to bend or break. we were guests, and it's not to us to tell him how to run his forum for him.
milky wilkie
milky wilkie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister Toups wrote:
Wilkes wrote:
Mister Toups wrote:
Like you said there wasn't anything wrong with the content but the concept of it (which was less "let's have a thread in which we post like the axe" and more "hey let's see how far we can push icy before he snaps") was bad. It only made the immediate problem worse.

that's a good point, though I don't think it was an unfair reaction.

there are times in a man's life where he is called upon to do more than what is fair and to do what is right.

toups you are a smart guy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I'm agreeing with LegatoB and antitype is agreeing with James. icyclam always did bring us together.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whoever launched the 4chan bombing might also owe the IC staff an apology, but seeing as I don't think we'll ever know who that was...

i'm fairly sure they owe the human race a mass suicide, actually.

i know the ha ha internet we're so edgy hitler penises hitler penises scat scat boo thing is a common schtick and all, but the exploitation of children is far beyond mere taboo or shock.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister Toups wrote:
Anything would've been better than a 4chan invasion, man.

Way to look right past the simple fact that icyclam's actions (not to mention exodus's inactions) were what brought all this on in the first place, man.

I mean, yeah, whoever actually called it in went a bit too far, but it's like this: icyclam was behaving like a fucking short-circuited robocop and people were getting more and more aggravated, but nothing was done about it even after desperate plea followed by desperate plea. He should've been removed after the third or fourth or fifth time everyone in the forums said THIS WILL NOT WORK. Unless the IC staff actually wanted this (with the possible exception of the 4chan raid) to happen...

Last edited by antitype on Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
LegatoB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But there wasn't really any shitty behavior going on until 4chan showed up. Balbanes was inflammatory, maybe, but he always is. The people who brought a little bit of the Axe to General did it in a lighthearted sort of way - talking about state license plates. Baron Patsy's topic spamming didn't even occur until just before the 4chan rush, and even then it wasn't really a big deal. Is some responsibility on the part of us? Yes. Is it as much as you attempt to make it seem? Heck no.
dark steve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah there definitely were. Just you know, they were distinct from everyone else.

Pretty much how I feel is you can't blame insert credit for being insert credit, and then at the same time not blame icy for being icy.

You could also not blame brandon for not knowing better, I suppose, but there was an EMAIL that was PASSED AROUND and nobody said anything? What's the deal here?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The back of the F.E.A.R. box wrote:
Instant Action Mode - New arcade-style mode filled with close-quarters battles tracking player progress via Xbox Live leaderboards.

I'm not really sure what that means yet. I'm assuming it's some sort of "survival" mode in which you can only hope to live for about 10 minutes. Selecting Instant Action from the main menu lets me pick from one of the levels I've already completed. We'll see! I'm too intrigued with the Campaign mode at the moment.

The little mines are fantastic, yes. I like when I've dropped one and I hear a guy say "recon" or "I'm gonna check it out". I hear the footsteps in my surround sound followed by the explosion and death scream.

Edit: "An army of clones? No wonder they don't take us seriously."
baronpatsy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LegatoB wrote:
But there wasn't really any shitty behavior going on until 4chan showed up. Balbanes was inflammatory, maybe, but he always is. The people who brought a little bit of the Axe to General did it in a lighthearted sort of way - talking about state license plates. Baron Patsy's topic spamming didn't even occur until just before the 4chan rush, and even then it wasn't really a big deal. Is some responsibility on the part of us? Yes. Is it as much as you attempt to make it seem? Heck no.

Yeah, I agree with Legato, here. And again, I apologize for the spamming.

Toups, it seems to me that your view of the situation is a bit...skewed.
Psiga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot Stott Bot wrote:
Man, seriously though, what did he hate so much about the forums? The disconnect from the front page? That's because he didn't have any cross-linking between the two. Making sticky posts for each news item in Real Bout that unstickied after a week, linking the main article in the first post, and then linking the thread from the main article, would probably have fixed that. I mean, the structure of the site is what caused a lot of that cultural disconnect, not the people themselves.

He prefers tight-knit communities like mmcafe. Places where a few eccentric and highly knowledgeable people can sit around and say happy things about the kinds of games covered on the main page. Short, positive messages. Small enough community that there's no real chance of a nasty split between posters. Something like the forums on the other sites that he goes to. It always weirded him out that he didn't have one like that on his own website.

For a while the place was small enough. He was still pretty active when I joined.

To me it seems that there are about four different visions of how the forums should be:
1. Forum Axe! Let us do and say whatever we want! Or else!
2. Multi-paragraph intellectualized debates regarding video games as a medium.
3. There was nothing wrong with the way it was two days ago.
4. Tight community that stays mostly on the topic of what the staff posts.

Number 4 would make him so happy. Most of us fit into 1, 2 or 3, though. Oops.
Hot Stott Bot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I still say the correct solution was just to have a post that was stickied for 1 weekfor each news article in Real Bout, that was then linked from the main page. It would have linked the main page to the Real Bout community which would have then pushed into the deeper parts of the forum as people went through the usual cycles of productive/unproductive posting...

I mean, I think I've suggested this before.

The advantage of the larger social networks is that they're much more productive, though they also produce a lot of shit.

Also, an RSS feed linked on the main page and the forums page would have probably dramatically increased the front page viewership. More viewership would also probably encourage more discussion.

Also, adding a "sidebar" or "topbar" with links to the first couple of articles and reviews to the forums page would have helped a lot too. The fact that you could easily browse the forums without even realizing the front page existed was a huge problem.

I'm certain I've said all of these things at points before, and I don't know why none of this never happened. These are all sane, logical, proactive approaches to moving the forums in what seems like the kind of direction Brandon would have wanted.

*shrug*

Last edited by Hot Stott Bot on Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wilkes
milky wilkie
milky wilkie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapermc wrote:
This is all pretty surreal.

Anyways, welcome to the forums guys. If you want I think that you could use Wilkes blog page as a sort of Axe. I mean, that's totally up to the person who's thread it is, and Wilkes (based on if he submits an article he says he has) is staff here, so he can make a thread there.

Just saying.

Also, welcome, I guess.

what awesome.

hey give me a call tonight or I'll call you. there's this blipfest going on this week or so.

and, uh, I have something I think is probably good enough for IC or TGQ. I need you to tell me! and maybe you want my cleaned up Drakengard piece of shit article I submitted last time and made less piece of shitty.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing Wilkes.

Anyways!

I gathered up dem der threads for you extralife.

Let me know where to send 'em... it's a zip file, about 6MB.

Also, the page links and whatnot inside the archived threads will be broken, so just use the "index.html" I included to get to whatever page you want.

Last edited by Hot Stott Bot on Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
extralife

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. If you could send the zip file to jfreeman71 at hotmail, I'd greatly appreciate it.
internisus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is an evil power that we sealed away long ago. However, it seems we underestimated him. He has spent the last year biding his time and preparing this masterplan for revenge and domination. His guile tempted the High King Dynast, who released the evil from captivity, and now he has returned. In a single night, he lay siege to the fortress with the misguided blessing and authority received from the Dynast, and now only a splintered, festering necrohol remains of those once lush fields.
Hot Stott Bot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha ha...

Oh god.

So, this is what I observed:

Hot Stott Bot wrote:
1. Exodus and icyclam make their announcements.
2. Most of the old mods more or less quit IC.
3. Big threads are started, and everyone writes long posts saying why this is bad.
4. Exodus responds civilly, all is well.
5. A few people make some "crazy threads" and icyclam locks them. Everyone is still relatively ok.
6. Exodus mentions something about how some of the good culture from the Axe might be integrated back into General.
7. A completely harmless thread is made that had nothing to do with the state of the forums, and was not baiting in any way whatsoever.
8. icyclam closes it, tells people to discuss the state of the forum in the main thread, and bans the poster. (Steps 7 and 8 happened several times.)
9. Some polls are made about Forum Axe -- overwhelming support for the return of the old Axe is recorded.
10. icyclam makes a "Ban List" (with me on it)!
11. A whole bunch of people say, "fuck this shit."
12. Civil discussion is still ensueing somehow!
13. Guardian has been very supportive of the changes all night and makes about the most civil thread you can imagine to discuss things.
14. icyclam closes it and threatens to ban him.
15. A few people get angry.
16. icyclam bans a shitload of people.
17. A bunch of people flip out.
18. 4chan.
19. The end.

Essnetially, exodus removed all the admins and mods and gave icyclam absolute authority instead. icyclam acted like a psycho, things escelated, and finally someone anonymously called in 4chan who bombed the crap out of the place, then icyclam locked all the forums and then someone deleted the forums.

So!
km

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I was there until about step 9!

But oh man, 4chan. That is a... highly amusing move.

I was actually hoping things might resolve, but... Heh. icyclam kinda drove things into the ground before anyone had a chance.
B coma

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so long winker. I'm weeping on the inside because I'm at work as a receptionist and I can't represent the company like that ;_;
extralife

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winker, coma, we will figure something out. This isn't over yet Sad

It won't be hard to keep Marco up to speed, if he isn't already. Between IRC, DPS, and his contact with icy, I'm sure he'll be ok.
wankerwitson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progress sounds slow Bott.

Oh no guys Maz found us.
extralife

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to her about football (this is the one with the helmets and large men, winker) mostly and a little bit about Thanksgiving and stuff. Also falling asleep in the shower, and my kidney stone.

ic may be dead, but that will not be a wall between my love for you winker ^_^
extralife

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shut up winker I will have this thread locked
Maz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wankerwitson wrote:
Stevey boy you need to know your place. This isn't America Insert Credit there is no need for you to prove your loyalty here.

Do not spell my name with a v I do not like that one bit.

You're not a wanker, and I'm not a vicious vampire duck.

We're men, with NAMES.
Mr. Mechanical
Friendly Stranger
Friendly Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wankerwitson wrote:
enjoy all monsters wrote:
a confirmbot sounds good for self esteem

what have you had published winker?
I had one very small piece in an early issue of this fine publication. I don't really write about videogames when I write about videogames so I never tried a follow up.

Issue 3, Skylarking. It was a good piece.
enjoy all monsters

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mr mech, much obliged.

the machine gun nature of this thread is distracting me from my job
Maz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wankerwitson wrote:
Maz i'm sure there is something that you have done that you could be praised for, maybe you once wrote your name instead of signing with an X?

I was in Japan once.

HURF DURF
Hot Stott Bot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, those last two posts you made in the introduce yourself weren't so good. Let's work on keeping the IC Forum Axe Ghetto posts inside the Refugee Camp for the moment being, okay?

We don't want them to kick us out. ;_;

=========================

No really, I have to go now B Coma!
B coma

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well dark steve was bringing a surprise and now you're going to ruin it!

anyway, break a leg ( no really I'm angry >Neutral )
Hot Stott Bot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilkes, I respect your willpower.

I have to go do my hair now.
Wilkes
milky wilkie
milky wilkie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot Stott Bot wrote:
Wilkes, I respect your willpower.

I have to go do my hair now.

HSB wait I have to ask you something
milky wilkie
milky wilkie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HSB you hate everyone you better wait
milky wilkie
milky wilkie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HSB what is the deal with your hair?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoboy. Get crackin' on that micro-Axe. We've reached critical mass in this thread.

wankerwitson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So wait we're getting the go ahead for a Gamers Quarter train?

Be gentle with Toups.
B coma

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ging's not here.

man I hope he doesn't find us
baronpatsy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wankerwitson wrote:
Baron PAtsy i hear you are some sort of drug addict is this true young man?

i deny such accusations my dear sir
enjoy all monsters

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck trying to get a job now patsy
km

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baronpatsy wrote:
wankerwitson wrote:
I hear you were smoking some grass confirm/deny

confy

i was going to but we didn't have enough moneys so we just sat around and played crazy taxi

also hi stotsy

This is a disappointment, young man! Man it's so much easier hiding text here!
stotelheim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi shaper, I don't think I know you enough to really make this as good as you deserve. I'd like to change that, but I'm going to do this first. Because well, it's just that kind of time.

I have a lot of respect for what you've done with The Gamers Quarter, or well, that you made it exist in the first place. Whenever a new issue comes out, I try to read it as soon as I can. It's really something special, and it could be the start of something grand, if we're lucky. I think you're a very nice guy, who tries as hard as he can to treat people right. I respect what you have to say about games, and I feel that if the word had more people like you in it, it would very much be a better place.

I'm sorry that this is as vague as it is, but I haven't gotten the chance to really get to know you yet. This could very possibly change. It'd be kind of nice if it did, I think.
wankerwitson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also guys I just found a pack of flamin' hot monster munch in a cupborad and was like hot diggity dawg
dongle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sync Swim wrote:
Athens had fallen to the Spartans.

Don't call the channers Spartans. They're barbarians, k? Gauls, at best. Or maybe call them Persians since they won by attrition.

Winker, I've always sort of wondered what you look like. Are you as eccentric as your e-persona?
dongle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sync Swim wrote:
the reactionary channer bumrush; that was more like the Ostrogoths coming in to strip the last meat off Rome's bones after Alaric came and went.

<3
dongle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stotelheim wrote:
By the way, I found an album that maybe you'd like the other day. It was on vinculum gate's life journal, so I can't take credit for it. He describes it as Evil Jazz, which is a pretty apt summary of what it is. It's pretty much made by the Destroy 2 guy, if you know what that is. If you don't, I could hook a brutha up.

I will trade you an early inoxia compilation for that. do you do lossless?
internisus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've only heard two of their albums to be more honest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: