The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Save Me From Myself: Buffalo, NY, tomorrow at 10:30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lestrade
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Save Me From Myself: Buffalo, NY, tomorrow at 10:30 Reply with quote

Hi all.

My company is taking us to Buffalo, New York tomorrow morning. The twelve of us are doing some random boring shit but before that—ho ho!—we are fucking shopping in your side of Niagara falls. Apprently going to an outlet mall in the USA is akin to a good time.

So I don't kill myself and anyone around me, if any of you live near here, please save me!
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know a guy who djs in buffalo and runs this store: krudmart.com

um, i used to know a guy who grew mushrooms in giant aquariums by there, too. then he sorta found jesus and became a missionary. (i say sorta cause i'm pretty sure he found a way to keep jesus and his shrooms at the same time, and that's not entirely orthodox in the north american understanding of catholicism.)
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am bringing my DS Lite in case anyone wants to do some long-distance multiplayer. Oh god, we're shopping for hours. I'm hoping to be very drunk by early afternoon.

Save me, Dhex! Bring shrooms if you have to!
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, i live in nyc. buffalo is like canada or something.

i'll ask kream what's up with bufffffffffff. (my presumed answer is NOTHING AT ALL) but we'll see. i'll post any help i can ASAP.
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, but... I thought you'd do it for me.

So I came to your country, and left. I bought nothing, but I drank some of our shitty beer that was "imported" into your country, for kicks. I ate buffalo chicken wings, in motherfucking Buffalo, and I have to say that they taste a lot like chicken wings from anywhere else, regardless of city.

(We have about 90 of them left over in a van, so perhaps after a second tasting I will change my tune.)

Your people... they have crazy accents, and say the word "foyer" as "foy-yer," which caught me off guard. Buffalo, you have a nice art gallery, though. There was some crazy-awesome shit in there.

I also noticed that exit signs were always green. I seriously thought this was just in the Matrix movies, to fit the colour scheme. Is it like that everywhere? I'm used to seeing red/hot-orange exit signs, so this kept getting to me. As far as I know, in Canada we have no green exit signs.

Also, there are way too many flags everywhere, and your trainee border guard was a dick. Everyone else we met were perfectly nice, however.

Thanks for not shooting me, America. You must have known that we tipped one of your waitresses well.
nICO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Buffalo for a weekend in March. Wasn't too impressed...

Ate at a really, really good Thai restaurant though. And there was supposed to be a good used bookstore somewhere, but we never got the chance to hit that up.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks for not shooting me, America. You must have known that we tipped one of your waitresses well.

that's all we ask of you, gentle canadian.

um, as far as i can remember most exit signs are green but i've only been to maybe eight states and i don't drive so that's sort of out of my league.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhex wrote:
um, as far as i can remember most exit signs are green but i've only been to maybe eight states and i don't drive so that's sort of out of my league.

The only exception I know of is for National Parks, etc., which are brown.
ApM
Admin Rockstar
Admin Rockstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's talking about the lit signs above doors, rather than freeway exits.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh.

no they're all red. at least here.
Bug Fister
Bug Fister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it's only in certain buildings. I wasn't paying attention to other places because if they were red, I wouldn't have noticed. In the art gallery they were green; perhaps that's something to do with not disturbing the visual space with garish red signs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Quarterly Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: