The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index The Gamer's Quarter
A quarterly publication

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My predictions for the Nintendo DS in the U.S. of A.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: My predictions for the Nintendo DS in the U.S. of A. Reply with quote

I don't know how the Euro release is looking, but here in the USA I predict that Nintendo will fumble and drop the ball for the DS. Why?

Band Brothers.

I have a horrible feeling that this will never make it to the US. So what you say? Well half the fun of it is getting updated music.

"Hey, lets head over to BEBGames."
"Why?"
"5 new Jam with the Band songs came out for download!"
"Sweet!"

Of course it is an aparent marketing ploy, but I really like it. I might actually, you know get interested in other games while getting free shit. Or even! find other people and have a 16 person session with. No, the game is not even out yet!

This is not all, Japan got a better version of Drill Spirits and one cart only is needed for wireless play. Half of the games I am interested in for the DS (CV: AoS2 and Caduceus are the 2 I am interested in, so half) are not coming to the US, or currently have no plans.

You could have had quite the little system on your hands Nintendo. Hire me, I would tell you bastards what to do to pump out better products. Right now... I am interested in getting a PSP to spite Nintendo.

Here is more of me being angry on LJ.
Sushi d

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see what you mean though... the lack of good games will be the death of the DS....

maybe homebrew games will be all the rage...
Persona-sama
Weltbeherrschen Mangaka
Weltbeherrschen Mangaka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that Band Brother game is really interesting.

It has Animal Crossing-like interactivity capabilities!
I mean, magazines could print up songs of famous titles, friends can perform them together, you can make your own ditties... it's just a creative machine.

And this is what games should do: encourage creativity and creation, rather than bringing people into a zombie-like trance.

Impact Bolding!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
EightBit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what this Band Brothers game is, but it sounds interesting.

It brings up a point that game companies don't really seem to exploit thier retail space enough in America. The only time I remember Nintendo encouraging people to come into a store to get some content for a game was when they screwed up on the Pokemon game. I'm still amazed that it hasnt been fully exploited.

With those kiosks, you have the gamer right where you want them. You have a device to show them all your upcoming games, and if you're smart, you can have all the current games right next to the system. So you can show em everything you have, everything you're gonna have, and give them something free to encourage them to keep playing. From a marketing standpoint, it's fantastic. Game stores would love it too, cause it would bring in people that might make impulse buys every so often.

If Sony doesnt use a system like that for thier PSP, I'll be terribly dissapointed in them. Doesnt even have to be games either. They could offer a free single from thier latest hit band, or a release a trailer for a movie a month early on it. Anything to get people in the store and looking at your latest wares.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EightBit wrote:
I have no idea what this Band Brothers game is, but it sounds interesting.
Here is a video. It looks very excellent and interactive.

None the less, yes this is what I am talking about. Imgaine (either PSP or DS) is in your pocket and you are walking around a mall or stop at your local game store or even a Best Buy. It starts to beep and then asks if you want to play a demo of a game ony your own system. Not only do you get to play the demo, but if you have a certain game it will tell you new downloads are available.

If the game is not in your system you can then either; A) inspire the person to buy it then and there, or B) get the person back in the store with the game again.

Who would pass up on free upgrades of their games if they just go and deal with a little advertising in store?

It just seems like Nintendo is dropping the ball here.
SuperWes
Updated the banners, but not his title

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't dismiss Nintendo too quickly, I think there's a good chance Nintendo will do this. All it would take is a special demo for in-store DS kiosks that has download options. That sounds like something Nintendo could, and possibly would, do. They offered the Pokemon bug fix plus free rare-color Pokemon through the Gamecube kiosks. Nintendo isn't stupid, and if they think something will make them money than they will do it.

-Wes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus... damn post eating browser... I swear Imma killaitch.

First I wanna know what the song is that they played? It sounds sooo damn familier.

Secondly, that game looks(sounds?) damn awesome. I take it that its some kind of musical jam session game?

SuperWes: I don't think anyone is doubting Nintendo's resourcefulness but, moreso that Sony has it in greater quantities. Obviously the gaming "affiicionado" or "enthusiast" will get a system regardless of its frivolous features or potential life span if it offers good gaming. The general public is not like this, they want that "cool" factor, they want the simple entertainment features. Gaming has finally gotten over the hurdle of being accepted as a viable form of entertainment for all ages, but it still has to prove that it can be a meaningful form of artistic expression before people start opening up thier wallets for a system that offers a more creative means of gaming over a "cool" system. Unfortunatly, I think that history will show that even if this happens people will still prefere the simplistic entertainment over something that offers meaninful, artistic, and impassioned expression. Nintendo right now is poised to be at the crest of the wave of the gaming industry, its just that this wave is five to ten years down the road.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EightBit wrote:
First I wanna know what the song is that they played? It sounds sooo damn familier.

Is it the intro song for Full Metal Alchemist? I know that is on the game somewhere. I want to say it is called Mellisa. Not 100% on this.

Still, does that video not make the game seem awesome?
EightBit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shapermc wrote:
EightBit wrote:

Is it the intro song for Full Metal Alchemist? I know that is on the game somewhere. I want to say it is called Mellisa. Not 100% on this.

Still, does that video not make the game seem awesome?

Awesome! Thats exactly what I said to my roommate when I showed it to her, "I wanna know what the song is from, I think its from an anime, maybe FMA.". I have the damn FMA tin sitting right next to my monitor even.
IAmThaWlrs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-my first post-
SMC: Have you made me watch Full Metal Alchemist? Because I don't recognize the name, but that song was very familiar to me.

Band Brothers seems tight, I don't know enough about any of the marketing or DS for that matter, but that was good things.

Walrus out.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I just read this... where the fuck is Band Brothers Nintendo!
Master Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shapermc wrote:
Ok I just read this... where the fuck is Band Brothers Nintendo!

Damn according to that line up, there really isn't anything that JUMPS OUT at me at all. Sad With the exception of maybe Viewtiful Joe DS, but unless that's a whole new game and not just a port of what's already available on the GC, it won't make much difference.

...and I must be the only person who doesn't know what "Band Brothers" is. At first I thought you guys were talking about a video game based on the HBO 12 part mini-series of Band of Brothers, but I don't think that's what you guys are talking about anymore. I will always love Nintendo, but even I think the DS is going to crash & burn. That release list is lackluster to the extreme.

EDIT: *never mind I'm watching the linky Shaper MC provided on the game above.
No offense to anyone here, but does that music game actually pump you up?
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fighter wrote:
Damn according to that line up, there really isn't anything that JUMPS OUT at me at all. Sad
Castlevania DS the sequal to Aria of sorrow?
Master Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shapermc wrote:
Castlevania DS the sequal to Aria of sorrow?

Woops, I guess I didn't see that.

I guess I should better clairify. With the exception of Viewtiful Joe, Castlevania DS, any SMB games {other than the N64 remix}, and a few others. I simply don't see anything on that list that makes me tingle with anticipation. But that's me, I guess I'm still wanting to see stuff like the following be announced for the DS.

Metal Slug DS
Gradius Ultimate
Final Fight Plus {the real sequel by the original team who did #1}
Kid Icarus
Dungeons & Dragons 1 & 2 {arcade ports}
Area 88 {Arcade Perfect port}

etcetera, etcetera. *Stuff like that would get me to jump out of bed and run down to the local EB or Gamestop and put in a pre-order.
Mister Toups
Hates your favorite videogame

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about all this. I just read Iwata's keynote speech, and beneath all the PR rhetoric there was some pretty inspiring stuff. At least, I saw a philosophy in place that made me believe in Nintendo again. I am more worried now if the market is ready for what they are planning or not. I... like to think that it is. Something tells me that it is. But that might just be wishful thinking.

But yeah. It's a damn fine speech. I might even quote it in my next article.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister Toups wrote:
But yeah. It's a damn fine speech. I might even quote it in my next article.

Is this the one you are refering to? I am working on reading it now. I need to get paid to do this shit, that would kick ass.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know i'm a jaded bastard, but i fail to see how anyone could take any prepared statement anywhere near face value.

perhaps this is the key to the failure of games journalism as a whole?

**they want to believe**
Mister Toups

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the one.

I'm not taking it at face value. But I am taking it as a statement of values. I mean, yes. This is PR hype. But that doesn't mean that there isn't some sincere sentiment there.

Read it, and tell me what you think.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i already did. it sounded nice. it was effective. i can see how it might get your hopes up, or at least light up the sincerity zones correctly. i give them points for that, though i have no idea how it came across in delivery.

but i lost the capabillity to assume anything from prepared speeches a long time ago.

EDIT: by that i mean, assume anything but every single word is a lie calculated for response. which is its nature, and the nature of effective communication. it's a lot like rape. Smile
Mister Toups

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess, as one who works in PR, you would feel that way.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. you can't work behind the curtain too long before developing a healthy cynicism about public events.
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for dhex:

Quote:
Greg Costikyan::

Today you cannot get an innovative title published unless your last name is Wright or Miyamoto. Who was at the Microsoft keynote? I don’t know about you but it made my flesh crawl. [laughter] The HD era? Bigger, louder? Big bucks to be made! Well not by you and me of course. Those budgets and teams ensure the death of innovation. Was your allegiance bought at the price of a television? Then there was the Nintendo keynote. This was the company who established the business model that has crucified the industry today.. Iwata-san has the heart of a gamer, and my question is what poor bastard’s chest did he carve it from? [audience falls about]
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, pretty much.

though i have to wonder why the tech industry is filled with such whiny fucks. (actually, i don't, since nerds are, in their heart, cowardly locker fodder. they exist to be preyed upon.)
ninjaboyjohn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to Band Bros for a bit:

If you are interested in playing or creating music, even if you have no clue how to do so, then you are probably in the target market for Band Brothers.

It's a fun game, not perfect, and each part of it isn't very innovative separately, but when seen as a complete package, it becomes something very special and Nintendo would do wise to release it here, even if they can't overhaul the entire music line-up.

Multiplayer and Score Maker Pro is where it is AT!

I've written much about the game in my review here: http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=1567

And I still mostly believe what I wrote.

I DO think that Nintendo is reading into the games industry a need for a change, and some of what they are doing is in the right direction, but I get the feeling that they want to be back in control of the "new gaming industry" that might emerge once people get tired of all the crap. Out of the big three, I get the warmest feeling from their company policy - in practice, not in just in word (the words are always better than reality) - but its still corporate and hard and cold.

Nintendo needs to learn to bend a little.

A lot, maybe.

Idea: Nintendo should release a development kit for the GBA and software that allows for basic-to-advanced programming to a GBA cart. Nintendo could support the indies and students and even build a visual-basic type language to get kids into programming their own Game Boys.

All this stuff is already available for those willing to read and learn and buy a flashcart and download a copy of one of the unofficial devkits (www.ngine.com), but were Nintendo to support it - to actively pursue teaching a new generation of kids to program Nintendo systems and to give gamers another way to interact with a classic system (games made could be played on the GBA, DS, Gamecube, and any new system they want to make an adapter for.)

Or hell, make a net-Yaruze type thing for DS development. Want innovation and people to support your system? Don't be stingy with the Devkits. Trust your gamers, see what they can do, and retain the exclusive rights to publish any games that are created with your libraries.

As the Great Teacher Onizuka says, "You're too full of shit. You need to loosen your butthole."

Loosen up, Nintendo!
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does band brothers actually send out/recieve MIDI or is that just the general standin for "stuff that sounds like it was generated by a synth in 1993" amongst gamers?

cause it's confusing the fuck out of me.
ninjaboyjohn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use that term in the way *most* people (and by that, I mean ignorant masses who don't really understand what MIDI is --- the ones who know what .midi files are but not how MIDI started and for what purpose) do.

While I've read up on MIDI as a standard and not a file format, I'm still not too certain what it is.

I think the answer to your question is "no"

It does not recieve or send out MIDI signals to or from any other devices.

How the sounds are coded in software I can only guess - but they are computer-generated sounds, not wav samples. Each instrument is modulated in the manner of a synth.

Does that answer your question?
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed it does. thank you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_Instrument_Digital_Interface
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhex wrote:
indeed it does. thank you.
So does this make you more or less interested in it?
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

far, far less.

http://www.synthsights.net/gear/moconner_01.jpg
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhex wrote:
far, far less.

http://www.synthsights.net/gear/moconner_01.jpg
Yea, I knew you were an audiophile, but I thought this might make you more interested.
dhex
Breeder
Breeder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even lsdj and nanoloop, while interesting, are sonically limited. you can get cool samples out of them, or even use them very creatively, as nullsleep proves, but they work from a limited pallette.

now being able to control a DS as part of a larger rig, if it were able to create interesting things, or to use it as a small control/sketch pad (as some PDA software developers have, making a rudimentary sequencer) that would be kinda interesting. not interesting enough to spend more than fifty bucks on, but something to look for in the bargain bin of the future.
ninjaboyjohn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Band Brothers definitely a game first and a music composition tool second.

It's more a gateway into digital music than a part of a digital musician's toolset.
Giampi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think so? I view it as neither. To me Band Brothers screams social interaction flavored with one of the only things that can be enjoyed by almost everyone (music).

EDIT: No, wait, I just read about Score Maker Pro. So I guess this game is equal parts social interaction and music creation to me now.
purplechair

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this talk of Band Brothers and no mention of Electroplankton?

http://electroplankton.com/
http://electroplankton.com/elp.swf - might work better in firefox

I didn't think EP would get released outside of Japan anytime soon, but I was really hoping on a western Band Brothers release Sad
SuperWes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that both will be released sooner or later... At least one of them will.

-Wes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electroplankton was one of the game Iwata mentioned in his GDC speech - when he was going on about "making games for non-gamers" and stuff. You'd hope that he wasn't just talking about Japan. Hm.

I wish there was a more transparent way of knowing how inter-regional conversions and shit are getting on. I'm also waiting for an English language version of Meteos...
SuperWes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purplechair wrote:
I'm also waiting for an English language version of Meteos...

Yeah, it's coming out in June. It was announced yesterday. I think Nintendo is releasing it.

I was telling Shaper yesterday that most games which are actually worth playing come out in the US eventually. Band Bros might end up being an exception, but I still think there's a fairly good chance that it will come out here.

-Wes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purplechair wrote:
Electroplankton was one of the game Iwata mentioned in his GDC speech - when he was going on about "making games for non-gamers" and stuff. You'd hope that he wasn't just talking about Japan. Hm.

Electroplnkton seems like it's a tool more than an application to me.

Bold new question!!!

When did "games" stop having high scores?
Sushi d

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonMarco wrote:

the day they stopped being games you would play over and over, and started becoming games you only play once and only play again once in a blue moon.

see... scores became socially rooted as a method of measuring ones digital pnrz... in a social arcade situation.. this was perfect as it would gauge how awesome (in preformance art sort of way) you were at a game... so others who were also invested in this game could see how great you were and then attempt to be better than you.

in the age of modern gaming (which i call 'Masterbation Jr.'), all you do is play with yourself. you dont see a need to have to proove how sexy you are to anyone.. you already know... so you dont feel a need to stand in front of a mirror while you are playing.

hence... a high score table is like a big, shiny, highly reflective, silver plaque... when others see your name burned into the forehead of their reflection.... it... makes them want to defeat you...

hmm..

what was the point of all my rabling, again?....
Giampi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe online gaming is doing away with that, though. In online environments there is a constant need to show that you are indeed better than everyone else. While High Scores per se may not be the only way to do this, the idea still remains e.g. you don't have scores in MMORPGs but you can still show off all the stuff you have.
purplechair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Showing off with stuff is crap though. Instead of just having a number to throw in people's faces, they have to look over all your stuff and weigh up how it compares with theirs and stuff.

Having said that, I don't really understand why you have a score in a game like Mario. Maybe there'd be more point to it in an arcade?
DonMarco

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Reply with quote

Sushi d wrote:
DonMarco wrote:

the day they stopped being games you would play over and over, and started becoming games you only play once and only play again once in a blue moon.

*sigh*

WAIT. Something you play over and over is a musical instrument. You do so to gain apptitude in said instrument.

Let's say you sit a bluegrass banjo master and a first chair violin prodigy next to each. Both practiced for years and are respected as the best in the world. But you can't compete in things that are relative, such as how sweet a given candy is or how ugly a Ferrari is or how much more beautiful Foggy Mountian Breakdown is compared to Mozart's 5th.

So it's not a debate. It's a battle of opinions.

Sushi d wrote:
DonMarco wrote:

see... scores became socially rooted as a method of measuring ones digital pnrz... in a social arcade situation.. this was perfect as it would gauge how awesome (in preformance art sort of way) you were at a game... so others who were also invested in this game could see how great you were and then attempt to be better than you.

If you want to talk about games that had rate performances? BE A LITTLE MORE VAGUE WHY DON'T YOU??????????????????? What game in the known universe bases the scores on a player's performance? NiGHTS? Tekken Force? DDR?? WHAT? I'm honestly have no idea what you're talking about now.

Sushi d wrote:
hence... a high score table is like a big, shiny, highly reflective, silver plaque... when others see your name burned into the forehead of their reflection.... it... makes them want to defeat you...

Pong had scores. Most sport games do.

Some sport game are measured in time, such as Gran Turismo. Distance, like in Nanaca Crash. Scores can be items or trophies, such as how many fruits did you eat in Pacman or that damn Gold Chocobo in FF7. Giampi pointed out that MMORPGs are just virtual item hording.
friedchicken

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone wrote:
Lots of stuff about scoring in games.

I'm actually more surprised that scoring has stayed around as long as it has. Point scoring that is, not other kinds like time, speed, distance, etc. like I think it was DonMarco said. (On that point, I think that every games scores you in one way or another, even if it's progress through the game, although that's stretching things a little.)

Take for instance your typical fighting game-- Street Fighter II for example. I can remember at the time wondering why Capcom bothered to include scoring, and that was at a time when most games still had point scores. In fact, my roommate at the time had a Gamest Mook for SFII that gave the point values for different kinds of attacks and throws! Weird. So going by what I was saying, SFII scored you both by progress and by points. The better attacks you got in, and the faster you beat someone, the higher your overall score. But that said, I'm surprised that Tekken 5 still has point scoring.

I guess it wasn't until I got really into shooters a few years back that I realized that scores were still important. I mean, any jerk can pump coins into Dodonpachi and beat it eventually, but it takes skill to get a high score. It was just less evident in something like Galaga, where you only progressed in the sense that things got faster as you went on (and you were done once you ran out of lives on one credit and had to start over). Even if it's just you playing, it can be a great feeling to see a personal best beaten. It's all the more dramatic to beat someone else's score.

God damn, I'm all over the place with this one.

Last edited by friedchicken on Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Shapermc
Hot Sake!
Hot Sake!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just play about any music or rythm game (Specifically Beatmania IIDX and Pop'n Music) and tell me that score is not still important to see where you stand skill related. Yea, score is good and needed for the effect of judging yourself and against others.
Cycle
Mac daddy
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's been awhile... have Nintendo since made it up to you Shaper? I think they have with the DS... now I'm just waiting for them to do the same with the Wii.

Also, do you know there is a sequel to Band Brothers out? It came out not that long ago.

I think Audiosurf is still my favourite music-themed game, even if rhythm doesn't really come into it.

How about the Korg DS? Have people had a good look at that? I've only had a quick dick around with it, but it looks impressive.

I'm pretty happy musical games have become such a hit... when I was a wee lad I always wanted games that meshed with music, and here we are today! There still hasn't been a game that quite meets my requirements for the perfect music game, though... and I doubt there ever will.
just enemies now
just enemies now

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahaha this is a good revival
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Redeye

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first saw this I thought if this is a hoax it's clever, if it's real it's brilliant.
SuperWes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This actually seems very typical of the type of Japanese game that used to never make it over here. Looks like they're hamming it up with the translation though, which should make the saccharine go down easy.

-Wes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gamer's Quarter Forum Index -> Club for the Study and Appreciation of Interactive Audio Visual Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: